ArtDecade

Vaudeville
Reaction score
Not the Hart we wanted...

bret-hart.gif

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Love the riffs, and the fact that it can BE more brutal than Fear Factory, but Dino can definitely use a more death metal voice with Divine Heresy. She was kinda flat in that Insta video.

Last edited:

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of female growlers/death metal vocalists always seems to go for that Angela gossow sound. Anyone else notice that or is it just me?
Once human is sick, so hopefully this rebirth of DH will sound good. Too bad about Tim Yeung though. He's a beast behind the kit.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I liked it especially the cleaner parts. Does older DH have clean vocals?

Werecow

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I liked that. I remember liking the music but being really bored by the vocals on the previous albums. The screaming was too generic, and the clean parts too clean for me (and i guess generic too haha). That snippet, the music and vocals matched up nicely for my tastes.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Meh, her vocals are not bad but they seem like someone pretending to be a Metal Vocalist rather than actually just being one. The aggressive stuff didn't seem natural and the melodic stuff didn't have any depth in it.

As much as he's a massive piece of shit as human being, Tommy was the perfect fit for this band vocally.

D-Nasty

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn... I didn't know Joe Payne had died. I met him around 2001. The last time I saw him was around 2010. He played for a lot of bands in my area. He was a shredder. Bummer.

Zer01

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is he really saying she’s in the band? Seems more like a question than a statement.

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Meh, her vocals are not bad but they seem like someone pretending to be a Metal Vocalist rather than actually just being one. The aggressive stuff didn't seem natural and the melodic stuff didn't have any depth in it.

As much as he's a massive piece of shit as human being, Tommy was the perfect fit for this band vocally.

I know what you’re saying. She’s got the capabilities, it’s just a matter of selling it a little more/conviction, something a decent producer can probably pull out of her.

Pretty cool Dino’s exploring all the options!

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of female growlers/death metal vocalists always seems to go for that Angela gossow sound. Anyone else notice that or is it just me?
Once human is sick, so hopefully this rebirth of DH will sound good. Too bad about Tim Yeung though. He's a beast behind the kit.
Well Angela was kind of ground-breaking, at least for mainstream death metal. Hot take but I actually think Alyssa does it all better, but the songs underneath suck.

uni777

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well Angela was kind of ground-breaking, at least for mainstream death metal. Hot take but I actually think Alyssa does it all better, but the songs underneath suck.
I always felt Angela sounded meaner. More raw. Alyssa seems to be moving more air and perhaps uses the techniques from the Zen of screaming and to my ears sounds a little less broken/distorted/nasty.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I think I would've liked that more if I hadn't seen the video :lol: She looks like she's doing a pop cover or something and it's almost like she's a bit out of sync. Sounded OK though, not super mega exciting or anything, but I wouldn't mind hearing her on the future DH material.

Hot take but I actually think Alyssa does it all better, but the songs underneath suck.

Probably from a technical standpoint, yes, but IMO Angela just sounded more brutal. Having seen AE with both vocalists, I gotta say they're much more boring these days even though they still play many of the old songs. Of course it's not all due to the vocals, but still.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I think I would've liked that more if I hadn't seen the video :lol: She looks like she's doing a pop cover or something and it's almost like she's a bit out of sync. Sounded OK though, not super mega exciting or anything, but I wouldn't mind hearing her on the future DH material.

Probably from a technical standpoint, yes, but IMO Angela just sounded more brutal. Having seen AE with both vocalists, I gotta say they're much more boring these days even though they still play many of the old songs. Of course it's not all due to the vocals, but still.
I saw them with Angela a handful of times, definitely my favorite point of Arch Enemy.