Disillusion - The Liberation

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Xaios, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

September 6th. Get. Fucking. Hyped.

I've been waiting for this album for a long, long... LONG time. It's no secret that I'm not overly fond of "Gloria", so of course my anticipation has been mixed with a fair amount of trepidation. I actually really liked the single "Alea" that came out a couple years back, although I know some people weren't as keen.

I know this isn't a very long teaser, but if it's indicative of the album's overall style... yeah, we're absolutely going Back to Times of Splendor.

chopeth, sakeido, Acme and 1 other person like this.
  2. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

my body is not ready but I'll do my best to prepare

Back to Times of Splendor is definitely by far their best but I enjoyed Gloria for what it was and really dug Alea. can't wait

Xaios likes this.
  3. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Wow, dunno what to say, I thought the had split up or were retired from music, Gloria didn't make it for me too much but Back to Times of Splendor is one of my favourite albums ever!

4. Xaios

It's been a long, hard wait, that's for sure. Even after they released the single "Alea" in 2016 (which was great, if you haven't heard it), after the initial wave of excitement faded, I once again got into thinking that, nope, they're not actually going to ever release a new album. Then, out of the blue, they finally confirmed that a new album was coming earlier this year. Now here we are, only 2 months away from it. Crazy times.

And yeah, "Back to Times of Splendor" has been my favorite album for more than 10 years. No matter how much more awesome music I find, nothing has quite been able to match it. That doesn't reflect poorly on said other music, it's just that BtToS is a twice-in-a-lifetime album.

5. Xaios

Here goes.

6. JouniK86

JouniK86 Autistic philosopher

Oh my days, this is one of the more anticipated album releases of this year. BTTOS is absolutely phenomenal in terms of composition, arrangement and thematic flow. Loved the atmosphere on Gloria as well and could appreciate their venturing into uncharted territories.

A bit on the fence as to whether Disillusion should've kept pushing the envelope further but I totally get all this going-back-to-the-debut business. However, the more I listen to "The Great Unknown", the more I seem to appreciate it for what it is instead of mirroring it against my unrealistic expectations that have accumulated over the course of last 13 years.

This is going to be one beast of an album I'm sure.