Decapitated - Cancer Culture

Sammy J

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
New album “Cancer Culture” is out 27th May. The title track has already been released and can be heard below:

decapcd322.jpeg

Tracklist is follows:

1. From The Nothingness With Love
2. Cancer Culture
3. Just A Cigarette
4. No Cure
5. Hello Death (feat. Tatiana from Jinjer)
6. Iconoclast (feat. Robb Flynn from Machine Head)
7. Suicidal Space Programme
8. Locked
9. Hours As Battlegrounds
10. Last Supper

Anyone else excited about this one? I'm a little nervous about the clean singing that is coming with the two guest vocal slots, but the title track is a solid banger that harkens back to Carnival is Forever. Those expecting a Nihility/Winds of Creation will be sorely disappointed, but hopefully it's an album that is stronger than the previous two at minimum.

Last edited:

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m sore because the rumor was it was going to sound more old school decap

Rumors 😔

To be fair, it DOES sounds a lot more like older decap than the last 2 albums (not saying I didn't like them).

They're also releasing a second song this Friday called "Hello Death" featuring some people I've never heard (of). Not sure how I feel about "features" on a decapitated album though. Hope the song is good.

I also wanna say the track titles are pretty laughable. Very Robb flynn stylized titles they've got going there.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
absolute face melter

Don't get the guys who think the band is going to reset the clock and sound like they did 25 years ago ... they only have one member left from that time and he clearly moved on and settled into a new sound over a decade ago. Besides, tech death is mega boring

Necky379

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I though that was sick. Great start, makes me want to hear the rest of it.

Mastercook006

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I also wanna say the track titles are pretty laughable. Very Robb flynn stylized titles they've got going there.

To be fair that's been the case since Carnival, but yeah, it gets cringey.

The first track sounds great, definitely more interesting than the last two albums. New drummer is a beast.

Sammy J

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

The first track sounds great, definitely more interesting than the last two albums. New drummer is a beast.

Yeah, look, the track titles since Carnival haven’t exactly set the world on fire.

“Homo Sum”, “View From A Hole”, “Blasphemous Psalm to the Dummy God Creation”, “Deathvaluation”….

Still, I think this is going to be a really solid, modern death metal record. It ain’t going to be Nihility. But something stylistically that fits between Organic and Carnival would be an excellent release.

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

True, but the last two records have a had much better titles. Exiled in flesh, nest, moth defect, earth scar.

And I agree, cancer culture sounds awesome And I'm looking forward to the next song Friday.

Also blasphemous psalm to the dummy God creation is a sick track. One of my favorites of blood mantra

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm digging the sound better on this one than Anticult. The guitars definitely sound better. I just regret looking up the lyrics

guitar_player4_2_0

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really excited for this one, been jamming the new track since it came out. I’m also really curious to hear new Machine Head since Vogg joined. Hopefully this is a good year for music.

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really excited for this one, been jamming the new track since it came out. I’m also really curious to hear new Machine Head since Vogg joined. Hopefully this is a good year for music.

If that new MH track is anything similar to that ep they released, I'll be happy. I really enjoyed that ep. Also looking forward to hearing the robb flynn track on cancer culture.

Sammy J

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Feeling exactly the way I thought I would with features on a decapitated album...

Yeah…the prospect of this didn’t excite me and the reality of it doesn’t either. The start sounded promising in a “Carnival is Forever” way, but this is VERY melodic. It’s a long way from the Polish death metal I grew up on.

I’m still excited for the non-features songs, but this one is very hard to get my head around.

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
Feeling exactly the way I thought I would with features on a decapitated album...

This is perfect. My intro to Decapitated was through Organic Hallucinosis. The riffs are badass. And the singing parts aren't exactly taylor swift either. Sinister to me. Is that Tatiyana? She's awesome. Vogg is one of the most progressive players today. He's got a very unique approach to riffs and I wish him well. Antikult was the best thrash album that year, but they missed out on the recognition because of the bs charges, I hope people get over that. We were looking forward to seeing them in Toronto that year. Saw them a few years prior around 2018.

Organic Hallucinosis, (or any Decapitated album) / and Meshuggah, sound best on huge speakers . Stand / sit 10 ft away. They're classical musicians to me. 🫀

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is perfect. My intro to Decapitated was through Organic Hallucinosis. The riffs are badass. And the singing parts aren't exactly taylor swift either. Sinister to me. Is that Tatiyana? She's awesome. Vogg is one of the most progressive players today. He's got a very unique approach to riffs and I wish him well. Antikult was the best thrash album that year, but they missed out on the recognition because of the bs charges, I hope people get over that. We were looking forward to seeing them in Toronto that year. Saw them a few years prior around 2018.

Organic Hallucinosis, (or any Decapitated album) / and Meshuggah, sound best on huge speakers . Stand / sit 10 ft away. They're classical musicians to me. 🫀
I've been a decapitated fan since 2008/09 and organic is their best album period. I've said before and always will, that is THE death metal album.

This new song is just not good. I don't like jinjer, and I don't like this song. Her being the main focus of the song instead of vogg's playing just makes it that much worse.