Chordbender Bridge???

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
I stumbled across this video today via my microtonal interests and was surprised to find a very interesting looking tremolo that seems to be doing the same job as the elusive Steinberger Transtrem.

The website is 10 years old and none of the listed dealers links are good - I'm going to guess these are just about as elusive as the Steinbergers. But I thought I'd post out of interest as I'd never seen the name pop up around Transtrem discussion and got no results for Chordbender on SSO :)

Demiurge

Intrepid Jackass
Reaction score
A paltry cost of $649 for installation with the following caveat:
Expect a really nice job but know that minor imperfections are possible due to routering etc. We are liable only up to amount you paid us. Sending expensive or favorite guitars entails some risk AND A LOT OF REWARD!.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Never knew that existed. I almost love the idea. I'm not sure if this is possible, but, if you could, say, keep the three bass strings from dropping, but bend the three treble string down 1/4 step, that might be pretty nifty.

If it was a big budget mod, though, I think I'd rather rework the fretboard into 24edo or some more convenient subset thereof.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming you could lock the bottom end and only warble the top 2-3 strings? That's kinda cool, I suppose.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
So you mean to say I can lock all strings except the 6th, put a whole-tone stopper, and instantly begin chugging in drop Z whenever I get tired of my boring standard tuning?

... because that is the only thing the dent kids will use it for.

Really though, it's kinda a cool concept but like... seems like one of the most niche things I've seen for guitars, ever. Lots of points of failure too, with (from what you say, Tom) little to no available parts or support.

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
A paltry cost of $649 for installation with the following caveat:
Wow that's brutal :lol:

Yeah, pretty interesting anyway. Just thought I'd share as I generally hear Steinberger quoted as the only one to have done this - pretty sure I've said the same myself!

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
Never knew that existed. I almost love the idea. I'm not sure if this is possible, but, if you could, say, keep the three bass strings from dropping, but bend the three treble string down 1/4 step, that might be pretty nifty.

If it was a big budget mod, though, I think I'd rather rework the fretboard into 24edo or some more convenient subset thereof.
Yeah , indeed. This guy does plenty of micro and has guitars - I think he just happened to have this guitar around and realised he can use it this way. Pretty cool feature with the stoppers!

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
Although it only works on the bottom 4 strings, the Kemp strings thing is a very cool idea!
Personally I just got used to using the digitech whammy for this and am very happy to leave it to the feet, love that pedal when set to its minimum 2 semitones :) I want to check out the new Gamechanger Bigsby pedal also

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
Maybe we were looking at different websites and watched different videos and play different instruments...:lol:

Well, I understand that the website is super awkward and untrustworthy, my questioning was on trying to understand if you had inside infos we that we, commoners don't... am I to assume you don't...?

The posted video in this thread is, in my opinion, interesting but those on the website not so much. It's pretty easy to make something sound bad for the sake of downgrading it in order to justify the product one's is trying to sell as being better than the competition. That's a marketing move I never understood nor liked but is quite common in the US...