Caparison guitars now at Sweetwater

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Grindspine, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

They are unfortunately :( The lower end models are "ok" in the pricing but it quickly goes into the absurd like the new 7-string V. Also nice spam from a dealer that posted just to get sales considering there already was another caparison thread lol.

Jeff likes this.
  2. Descent

Descent SS.org Regular

I bought a guitar from Sweetwater and they claim all these amazing things other stores don't do. Well, mine the strap lock was overtorqued and fell out, also the electronics were soldered badly at the factory, thus shorting out one of the pickups. Both problems were fixable at home so I didn't bother to return but I call BS on their "setup guarantee" or whatever they call it. Just as bad as GC, ZZounds and all the other big chains.

Played a gig with Saxon and Paul Quinn had switched to them from Gibson, sounded great but those fret inlays are definitely fugly, I also thought that the guitar looked a little too pointy for a young guy like him.

[​IMG]

3. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

They don't do setups or inspect the guitars, they just open the box and take pics and put them back and throw candy inside. Purchased an Ibanez 7 limited edition they had and you could not intonate 10 gauge strings and only 9 gauge strings but it came with 10s on it lol. Now that other places give you actual photos there is not much reason to use them anymore imo since other places give discounts too. Also whatever you do, don't special order something from them. They nag for additional sales however do not give status updates, I guess since they have your money it is not worth their time. I ended up calling the manufacturer to get information from how unhelpful sweetwater was. I'd never cared about the guitar because stuff like that happens and it was fine otherwise but honestly it really soured me on them from that special order.

Ibanez did give me really good customer service though so I'd give props to them for that even though I'm not a huge fan of their guitars.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Descent likes this.
  4. Descent

Descent SS.org Regular

Oh yeah, their sales team actually managed to call me during my grandmas funeral, no kidding!

5. sezna

sezna undermotivated

they call me like once a week during work to “catch up”

pretty annoying but i feel bad for them, their pay is mostly commission (or so ive heard)

Descent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.