I'm 99% sure my "next" series of mods will be adding piezo pick-ups and a sustainer to the old work-horse Revenger-7. So, I'm looking for bridge pick-up recommendations. Since it's going to drive (what will most likely be) a Sustainiac Stealth Pro-7, the following styles are instant NO-GOs:
- Split/Offset design (G&L Commanche, Duncan Vintage Rails, etc.)
- Lace Alumitones, Aluma Stealth, etc.
- Neo-vin style noiseless single-coil (actually two three-pole single coil)
- EMG 707/TW (especially with a EMG Tone Control)
- Dimarzio Freds have been recommended for having different series/parallel sounds
- I have a CrunchLab-7 that hasn't been installed yet. I've not seen any discussions on series vs parallel tones. That seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it pick-up.
- Is there something like a Duncan P-Rails in a 7-string?