bR00tAl bridge PU for deathmetal TELECASTER??? And less noisy

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So i got an offset tele (that has an angled singlecoil bridge pu) and want to throw something new in thats both less noisy but aggressive and thick for death metal.

Any suggestions?
(( NOT looking for expensive options like BKP)) myParaOffsetTele (20220713040216)~2.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure you want thick?

Vintage style and go. As for noisy, replace the pots and wiring harness?

ArtDecade

Blurry Eyes
Reaction score

How you think it is going.
bd81e9cd3b4c7658a3ea3c5e0fc2ec85.gif

How it is actually going.
girl-telecaster.gif

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For less noisy I'd consider the (active) EMG T-set:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For less noisy I'd consider the (active) EMG T-set:

EMG Tele pickups are seriously overlooked. :agreed:

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just put new/thicker strings and did a setup and it feels great to play! Im rusty but was just messin around, so whatever who cares😜
Even these stock PUs sound pretty awesome imo!

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Do you want a hotter/thicker Tele-style pickup or any hot/thick pickup that's available with a Tele mounting style?

For a Tele pickup, I would look at the Dimarzio Area Hot T. I have the regular Area T in a Warmoth Tele and it does great rock tones, so I figure the hotter version could handle some extra nastiness while keeping the original Telecaster spirit in tact.

For a humbucker in a Tele housing, I'm afraid I won't he much help. The only one I've tried was a Duncan JB Jr that my friend has, but again that's more rock oriented. Hotter-spec models like the Super Distortion T or Hot Rails for Tele should be up your alley, though

Zhysick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was going to make a joke about "why less noisy" if you are going to play Death Metal... but then I realized that you said Death not Black Metal...

littlebadboy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't play death metal, but I was happy with a rail humbucker in my ex tele! It sounded like in between a bucker and a coil, but it could definitely go heavy. It has a unique sound actually.

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you want a hotter/thicker Tele-style pickup or any hot/thick pickup that's available with a Tele mounting style?

For a Tele pickup, I would look at the Dimarzio Area Hot T. I have the regular Area T in a Warmoth Tele and it does great rock tones, so I figure the hotter version could handle some extra nastiness while keeping the original Telecaster spirit in tact.

For a humbucker in a Tele housing, I'm afraid I won't he much help. The only one I've tried was a Duncan JB Jr that my friend has, but again that's more rock oriented. Hotter-spec models like the Super Distortion T or Hot Rails for Tele should be up your alley, though
Honestly ive been playing with it and the stock tele bridge def has something awesome going on when used with highgain, its very "chunky" so im actually thinking hotter/thicker TELE STYLE PU like you said, so ill have to look into the hot T.
Would love to hear more suggestions with this in mind!

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For hotter/thicker, check the Dimarzio Super Distortion T as mentioned above.