Binge worthy YouTube channel's

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by purplebelt155, Jan 4, 2018.

1. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

Every frame a painting and lessons from the screenplay are great if you like movies and the mechanics that make them work.

2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I don't have many channels I watch religiously. I've started adding various in-depth movie interview channels. I really like roundtables, and then I really like interviews with the more likable and intelligent actors/directors out there. I'll have to check out those two channels you mention. I am interested in mechanics, but it's really easy for me to lose interest if I don't like the pacing or the person doing the narration on videos, etc. I often end up just searching the name of some celeb I like and watching everything that pops up (ex, Guillermo Del Toro).

One station I have an inexplicable fondness for is Jenny Nicholson, who's just some nerd that talks into the camera about a handful of very mainstream pop-culture products in a boring voice, but is really sharp and really snarky in a way that doesn't annoy me. Her 3 minute "play" about Suicide Squad might be my favorite "review" ever. I sure do skip everything related to My Little Pony, though. Yep, she's one of those. She and RedLetterMedia are the only two I eagerly await new content from. :( Besides some of those channels with musicians, etc that upload like one video every three months.

3. RND

RND SS.org Regular

I definitely second YSAC, he's got such a great channel along with the music he makes just for his videos!

Another one I can suggest is Sam O'Nella Academy. He's got many hilariously informative videos on topics you've probably never heard of before.

4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire unofficial sso pickup tester

Lofty Pursuits is pretty entertaining if you want to watch food related stuff. They have a lot of videos on obscure candies and sweets and the history behind them.

5. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

RedLetterMedia, Regular Car Reviews, and Mighty Car Mods are one I regularly binge through.

6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire unofficial sso pickup tester

food busker and eater are also really good food channels

7. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

exurb1A - hilarious/sarcastic takes on humanity, almost from an outsider's perspective sometimes, or from a deeply-inward-looking perspective.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCimiUgDLbi6P17BdaCZpVbg

Kurzgesagt - fascinating, well-researched, animated mini documentaries, usually digging into how technology will help or harm humanity into the future...sometimes the far-off future.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsXVk37bltHxD1rDPwtNM8Q

Wintergatan - Did you ever see the "Marble Machine Song" video that went viral a couple of years ago? He's been putting out weekly videos of the process of designing and building an updated "Marble Machine X". Lots of great music, and lots of in-depth talk about how he's designing things in CAD, CNC mahcines, 3d priting, prototyping, etc. It's been a long process, but fascinating to follow. A part of this series last year, be visited a museum in Europe dedicated to musical machines, and some of these things were amazing...like...room-sized machines that played a dozen instruments at once. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcXhhVwCT6_WqjkEniejRJQ

bill wurtz - fun, strange videos, with some music...not sure how to explain it...here's his most viral video that blew up last year: