Aristides Guitars

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A user on here who is infamous for a thread earlier in the year just eyeball destroying a Rusti brand guitar, while some of the scrutiny was mildly warranted, most of it was absolutely insane levels of nitpickery that are pretty legendary at this point.
oh okay I remember that

Last edited:

bibliomecha

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well it turns out I must be the unluckiest Aristides owner because within the first couple of days since receipt, the neck Fluence started cutting out randomly and died. Turns out one of the PCB connectors loses connection with the slightest nudge of the wire (even though the connector is fully seated). Thanks Fishman! I'll note that Aristides have been quick at helping resolve the issue and sent me extra components until we found the actual cause. Now to do some rewiring...

Aside from the problematic electronics, the build quality is flawless. I do find the Hantug tuners harder to turn than Hipshot's, but they're also more robust and less subsceptible to wear than Strandberg's. Setup isn't quite what I was told their standard setup would be (Spec was ~1.2mm on 12th fret 7th string.. but its currently 2mm. The nut slots are also relatively high on the lower strings... starting at ~1mm action at the 1st fret 7th string. Definitely not as smooth to play or well intonated as my Standberg (and yes, relief is very small already).

So whilst my out-of-the-box Aristides experience hasn't blown me away, it'll probably be my favorite headless after an additional setup. Here's the picture!
H07.jpeg

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Love the Raw Pink btw - If I get a 2nd build that'd be up there on my colours.
So action wise, was this something you specified on the spec sheet - I left mine as standard and now wondering if I need to specify. Also I remember when I played an H/06 at a trade show the action was a little high for my taste, but just assumed this was because of it being flown in and a slight neck move.

2 months since my last update on my rawbuild, getting excited as Its nearing the 9 month now !

bibliomecha

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So action wise, was this something you specified on the spec sheet - I left mine as standard and now wondering if I need to specify. Also I remember when I played an H/06 at a trade show the action was a little high for my taste, but just assumed this was because of it being flown in and a slight neck move.
I asked what they recommended for low action and was given 3/64ths/~1.2mm at 12th fret for 7th string and 0.0035 inches of relief. Wouldn't hurt to confirm!

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^ I just got sent 1.19063mm high string side and 1.5875mm low side for their standard action fyi
Also just an fyi, my assembly email with then link for payment got swallowed up by my spam folder and deleted in August...so be on the lookout!

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Yellow sheet means it's official:
1669305159742.png
6 color splatter custom finish over a black base, based on this reference photo of a 1990's bowling alley carpet.
1669305248209.png

I've had this idea brewing in my head for a few months now and Pascal offering 1000 euro down payments in the Arium Addicts group made me finally pull the trigger. Excited for my 3rd Aristides.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Nice!

Hell, even with the household appliance mishaps I've had lately, basically a grand down instead of 50% is VERY tempting even to my miserly ass.

DirtyPuma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Aristides should worry. A certain Puma is thinking about getting one.
Was already ordered quite some time ago. Will come in before the Crusty #2, because normal manufacturers respect build times.

Not gonna waste my time wanking on some forum, but rather just directly go out and buy stuff I like. Rustis are crap imho. You did not have mine in hand, did you? ;) I had it, bought it, waited 2 years for it, and just wanted to lose sight of that nightmare as fast as possible.

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Was already ordered quite some time ago. Will come in before the Crusty #2, because normal manufacturers respect build times.

Not gonna waste my time wanking on some forum, but rather just directly go out and buy stuff I like. Rustis are crap imho. You did not have mine in hand, did you? ;) I had it, bought it, waited 2 years for it, and just wanted to lose sight of that nightmare as fast as possible.
Tbh looking forward to a brutally honest review. What’s the crusty?

AltecGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Seems like the guy who has it now iikes it well enough to order another Rusti.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Anyone got a headless from Aristides recently? Curious if they moved onto the newer hardware revision.

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone got a headless from Aristides recently? Curious if they moved onto the newer hardware revision.
They have not. Also, they are not moving to the “new generation” saddle, they are just changing the tuning knob to accommodate string through.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
They have not. Also, they are not moving to the “new generation” saddle, they are just changing the tuning knob to accommodate string through.
Do they ship with the string through now? I saw you have to clip and fold on the old style which seems odd.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Head's up as I don't recall seeing it mentioned in this thread; Pascal stated that there's going to be a slight price increase next year.

Between this, the 1000 Euro downpayment option until the end of the year, and my household appliance mishaps costing me less than I thought, I'm really starting to think of getting in on a second build before January 1st.

Not sure if it would be another 080, or if I'd take the chance and go for an H/08.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Another carbon one. Sick build:

317242998_5793134764078295_2965848092167104200_n.jpg