Anyone into Lorna Shore?

Dawn of the Shred

Sweet Solos and Beautiful Melodies
Reaction score
Been a fan of them for a while now and Love their take on blackened deathcore. Adam De Micco is definitely underrated guitarist imho, tasty riffs and leads and Austin Archey is a beast on drums. I liked when Tom was the vocalist but new vocalist Will Ramos is definitely better. I’ll just not mention the whole CJ debacle. But anyone else dig the band?

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
Really liked Immortal, but mostly the instrumental version as there's a lot you don't hear with vocals in the mix. Leads on some of those songs are incredible. Other than that never kept up with the band and previous releases weren't to my liking. Excited to see what they release next, but didn't know CJ was in the band or any of the band drama/members.

Perge

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been a fan of them for a while now and Love their take on blackened deathcore. Adam De Micco is definitely underrated guitarist imho, tasty riffs and leads and Austin Archey is a beast on drums. I liked when Tom was the vocalist but new vocalist Will Ramos is definitely better. I’ll just not mention the whole CJ debacle. But anyone else dig the band?
Love deathcore. Live black metal. Feel like all the elements are there and I should live this band. But it just comes across as unstructured and messy from a song writing perspective. Everyone in the band is stupid good at what they do, just not my cup of tea.

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
I like their earlier stuff a lot. The CJ drama was way overblown and from what I've heard of the new vocalist he's not as good.

Marv Attaxx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I've been listening on and off to these guys for a few years, the new song finally really caught my attention. Hell of a debut for a young and new vocalist, too :lol:

To the blackened Deathcore guys: maybe check out Mental Cruelty from Germany, similar vibes but with a bit more black metal and more symphonic things going on :yesway:

GunpointMetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Always dug the music, and I’m probably in the minority that thinks CJ was the worst vocalist so far in the band. Juicy-moufded and over-distorted in the recordings. I really like everything about the new track except that stupid fucking “snare bomb” they put at the beginning of every other measure. Sounds like shit and makes the first half of the song hard to listen to.

Mboogie7

Lefty's unite!
Reaction score
Not really into their stuff tooo much but To The Hellfire is in my opinion, the heaviest song I’ve heard and fucking love it. It’s a masterpiece.

Dawn of the Shred

Sweet Solos and Beautiful Melodies
Reaction score

I've been listening on and off to these guys for a few years, the new song finally really caught my attention. Hell of a debut for a young and new vocalist, too :lol:

To the blackened Deathcore guys: maybe check out Mental Cruelty from Germany, similar vibes but with a bit more black metal and more symphonic things going on :yesway:

Man thanks for suggesting Mental Cruelty!! I definitely dig them. I’ll be checking them out the rest of the day.

Addie5150

Amidst the chaos
Reaction score
That new song is great
Reminds me of the reaction i had on hearing Aborted - Goremageddon for the first time
Hair raising and scary heavy
And the solo on this new track isnt bad at all
I was almost expecting amateur hour leads, like the solos on the first few black dahlia murder albums but was pleasantly surprised

Amer Alameddine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As a fan of black metal, I really enjoy the blend of that with deathcore, the result they achieved captures the best of the haunting/symphonic vibe of black metal, and the in-your-face heaviness of deathcore. Will Ramos did a killer job with the vocals on the new track, looking forward to a full album with him.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Feel like they peaked on Immortal. I love the new track, but it isn’t anything they haven’t already done. Will is a nasty vocalist, I will say that.

sleewell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
can we talk about how badass the new artwork is too? same artist that did this bell witch album cover. really beautiful. got the t shirt last week and plan to wear it to rehearsal tonight.

Ol8ZGjpU_400x400.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

MrWulf

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My issue with the new release is that even though the band has been moving in a more symphonic black metal direction, a lot of the deathcore elements are getting shat on in a bad way. Why bother with TBDM style riffage if it is getting drown by the symphonic elements? And also the breakdown is really just there for the sake of the breakdown. Immortal was pretty good even though it takes a while for it to warm up to me, but Flesh Coffin I think is better

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really liked immortal. Couple older songs too. New song is ok but I think everyone is overrating it, especially the breakdown at the end.