Any solution to double stop bending on floyd rose

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Rykilla, Apr 6, 2019.

1. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

It's still there, but I'd say it's worth a shot. I think everything is softer than the original Tremsetters. :lol:

2. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

The tremsetter felt like a double hinged restaurant kitchen door!

aesthyrian likes this.
  3. devastone

devastone SS.org Regular

A couple of things, this "effect" will be the same on a Floyd, PRS, or any other floating trem guitar assuming they have the same gauge of strings and the trem springs have the same spring rate. Heavier trem springs will lessen the effect even if the bridge floats because the spring rate is higher, meaning it will pull back harder for every mm (or pick your favorite unit) you try to stretch it.

FWIW, Vai's Evo has an Ibanez trem stabilizer in it. Not sure how it gets flutters on it, maybe he uses another guitar for flutter-y stuff.

[​IMG]

4. c7spheres

c7spheres SS.org Regular

I'm the same. I don't worry about it. I actually like the out of tune it creates, personally, but in the rare instance I do really want that fighting/beating tension of the doublestop then I will use the right hand pressure technique to compensate. I use all 5 springs at high tension by the way, so even if I bend the 6th string and have an open 7th it only dives by about a 1/4 step anyways, so correcting it takes very little right hand pressure.

trem licking likes this.
  5. Spicypickles

Spicypickles 8 string Warrior

Pretty sure they’ve been said but I just bend the other string with it, and give a bit of vibrato with the bar also, just to make it sexy.