Any IR cab loader pedals that can do two IRs (stereo)?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Descent, May 31, 2019.

1. Descent

Descent SS.org Regular

Basically looking for something that will do stereo as might be switching to stereo setup via ground multifx or flyrig. THinking of maybe using my old Boss GT-10 and instead of buying more just add a single pedal with IRs for the house PA.

2. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

I can't say for sure, but from the info they posted on their site, it looks like the new Two Notes CAB M pedal can run 2 at once. The only downside is that it only has 1 1/4" output and 1 XLR out. So I don't know if you can run one cab to the 1/4" output and the other to the XLR, you may have to check out the manual to see if it's what you're looking for.

https://www.two-notes.com/cabm

3. bubbastain

bubbastain SS.org Regular

Check out the Digitech Cabdryvr. It’s the only one I know of with two outs and separate IR’s for each. The NUX solid studio does have two outs though.

0rimus likes this.
  4. 4Eyes

4Eyes SS.org Regular

Why don't use mono cab sim and make stereo after that? Otherwise you're pretty much left with option to use two cab sim devices (pedals)

5. 0rimus

0rimus SS.org Regular

I was searching for the same exact thing recently and yeah, the Digitech Cabdryvr was all I found :(

Which wouldn't normally be a bad thing but literally all the pedals on my board are black or white. That yellow would stick out like a sore thumb hahaha

6. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Couple of used AMT Pangea's maybe?

Be a good way to go, you'll want to able to use any IR's.

7. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

If you have a signal splitter, you could run 2 Mooer Radar pedals. They're decently priced and pretty small as well. The only downside is that they run on 12v or something strange like that so you kinda have to use the included power supply instead of being able to run them off a brick like most pedals.

8. 0rimus

0rimus SS.org Regular

Ya know... My ms-3 has a global EQ parameter and stereo outs... Wonder if I could tweak it to get faux IR effect?

Might have to play around with it. And both outs would likely be affected the same way. Not really practical for anyone else in this thread either lol.

"Oh you want stereo IR effect? Just buy this crazy ass $400 multi effect loop processor"
    Hahaha. Sorry, thread hijack over/

9. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

This. Run your front-end pedals/effects into your preamp, then to the IR loader (Radar, C.A.B., etc.) then stereo effects after that like chorus, delay, and reverb

10. Descent

Descent SS.org Regular

Essentially I'd be faking a 2 guitar sound, so not necessarily full stereo but imagine about 35% pan of one more to the left and other to the right. Thinking of doing a Marshall/Orange on one side with cab sim and Mesa Recto or Mark V on other with cab sim. Not necessarily stereo per se but want two different cab IRs.