American Idol style show with Tosin Abasi, Alice Cooper and Lzzy Hale as judges

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Watched the first 2 eps - first ep was cool some interesting artists, second one not so much.
Looks like they have alot of 'big bands for their scene' which surprised me.
Will keep watching as background music but the trailer did deffo hype up the tension/interest more than the eps themselves

BusinessMan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean with Alice Cooper on there, you know it'll be the country or butt rock bands that win. I say this because driving late at night the other day, I caught his radio show. Nothing but butt rock and 80's music, and not even good 80's music (I can handle some, but that was literally all the show I could handle).

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean with Alice Cooper on there, you know it'll be the country or butt rock bands that win. I say this because driving late at night the other day, I caught his radio show. Nothing but butt rock and 80's music, and not even good 80's music (I can handle some, but that was literally all the show I could handle).

What were you expecting? They want stuff with mainstream appeal

Buffnuggler

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i hate these shows with a passion but i might actually check this out. i hope it brings more exposure to tosin, and lizzy/alice have always seemed really cool too.

neurosis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I watched the two episodes and can't say I liked it.

It's funny to me that the jury/panel of musicians is giving advice on focus, consistency and appeal yet the way this is edited and presented feels so improvised and aimless. They are talking about the typical "wow me, I want you to look at me and really engage the audience' or "let it all out, show us your vulnerability" but the personalities of anybody speaking in this show are lukewarm all the way through. There's an instance in episode two where they call back two artists, basically tell them they are moving on IF they collaborate together and the way they communicate it falls so flat that the two people receiving the news stand there feeling like hot potatoes. It's not even clear to the audience what the jury intends to do with them. The two contestants just stand there wondering if they are moving on in the competition or being kicked out. Of the three people in the room to give feedback one doesn't even speak. She only affirms whatever the other two are saying.

Who is this show for? Families? Industry people? Aspring artists? I'd also be interested in how they scouted the participants. I have only been living in America for a little over a decade but there is insane raw talent here. You have people playing bars across the country, garage parties, school shows, churches... you name it. I don't see why anybody would have to subject themselves to this fromat. This feels more like a hidden camera on a critique day at school with some special guests than an entertaining TV show with aspirations of conquering a wider audience.