Agile Septor 727 or Solar A2.7?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by xingyu, Jan 13, 2019.

1. xingyu

xingyu New Member

Can anyone help please? The agile is about $750 for me in my home currency, while the solar is $400 more... is the Solar a better buy?

2. gunch

gunch chungus

I'd get the Solar but if you don't want to wait and already have money in hand for the Agile it's a good instrument too. I prefer flat top guitars with forearm contours.

I would definitely preorder an Agile Epic if you can stomach going back down to a 6 though, a little nicer specs than a comparable Solar A 1.6

https://www.rondomusic.com/product9786.html

3. xingyu

xingyu New Member

If you own an Agile 7 string how would you say the neck feels? I'm quite particular about the thickness of the neck and don't like super thick necks, and so far my impression is that they are on the thicker (not super thick) side.

4. GatherTheArsenal

GatherTheArsenal SF2 > Everything

I have an Interceptor Pro 725 (neck thru), and the neck doesn't feel thick... I don't have long fingers either. Truthfully it's a fast comfortable neck, plays better than I expected.

Between my RG827z and RGA8, I would choose my Agile over them in terms of how comfortable the neck feels. I'm confident that I play better on it, being a neck thru helps too since the heel doesn't stick out so fret access is no issue either.

Never tried a Solar so I can't speak as to how they feel, but I'm very happy with my Agile.

5. ekulggats

ekulggats SS.org Regular

If you're worried about neck thickness, Solars I have played thus far all ran thick. Not excessively so, but a bit meatier. Playing my Esp was noticably more comfortable for me, I have medium size hands.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  6. cGoEcYk

cGoEcYk SS.org Regular

My Septor Pro 727 has pretty nice neck for me. Flat and pretty thin, just a dash wide. Love the guitar for the money. Mine is ebony/black flame. Hardware has been good but one of the strap screws came loose after about 3-4 years. Id probably enjoy a little more contour on the body but overall instrument has been comfortable to play.

7. Kensei7

Kensei7 SS.org Regular

While I haven't played a solar I've owned multiple agiles over the years. Great guitars. As the other guys said the neck isn't thick at all. Great bang for buck guitars that sound and look good.

8. Kensei7

Kensei7 SS.org Regular

9. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

I like Rondo guitars. Had an awesome tele from them. But in this case, I would choose the Solar, if money is not an issue. The Solar is already spec'd to play heavy. You may end up mod'ing the Agile to the required spec to metal!