A Soundwave review by a 15 year old kid.

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Veldar, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veldar

Veldar Is Post-Thrash?

Hello all ladies and djentleman I'm going to be reviewing my experience with this years soundwave so the title pretty much explains everything.

So I arrive and walk through with my dad and get our bags checked and bum around the place until we catch the end of Crossfaith [7], they have a really strong live show with the mosh going crazy if there not massive in the next fewer years somethings really wrong.

They were followed up by The Blackout [4] I watched all of they horrible set, it was pop music with a metal drummer and two dickheads singing, but I don't think there aiming for the metal crowd.

Next my favorite thrash band Anthrax [9] Knowing most of their material properly helped but they were the fun-est band and I lost my shit when the bass solo to got the time came in :)hbang:), the only reason they got a 9 instead of a 10 was they covered AC/DC's TNT, was shame since they have so much great material and they had a tribute to Dio, Dime and on franks bass there was a picture of Clifford.

SSO's very own band Periphery [3] (Note I was the second half only) they can play the music but lacked chemistry with the crowd an was so fucking muddy I can't even..... It sounded like a fart through a boss HM.

At this time I got hungry so I had some chips and a coke and watched some board saying that the band was postponed due to flooding.

Saw the last song from Orange Goblin [10] the most metal band of they day. The song was red tide rising, I want to the mosh and got the song live with great band and a great crowd.

Bummed around some more until While She Sleeps [8] came on, great show played all the hits. The singer got like half of the mosh to crowd surf to him to sing, shame there wasn't more people.

of mice and men came on, so I left to see Slayer [6] there slayer you know, the same band except we only got half, I lost my circle pit virginity to rain in blood at that set.:hbang:

I gotten more hungry at this time and had a hot-dog was pretty rubbish and it was $9 what a ripoff. I bought a Pantera T-Shirt because of the Anthrax singing [-10] they didn't show up........FML....:wallbash:

I waited for 40 minutes to see Ghost [1] It was muddy not as bad as bulb and friends earlier that day but pretty bad I only heard the first song and left.

After that disappointment I saw Vision of Disorder [11] (It's my review I can go over 10 if I wish) I mean wow they played some many songs of the first album, the bass, guitars, vocals, drums everything was great only like 4 people (including my self) were really getting in to it, shame because that band deserve to be so much bigger, they were only like 100 people, 100 PEOPLE!. If you went to soundwave and don't see them your a silly person.

This brings us to Metallica [7] I was stuck with a bunch of people that like enter sandman not Metallica they played master of puppets as the second song so I was satisfied then but I stayed and they played that god awful ballad they do. they said it was robert's 10 year anniversary with the band, 10 years since he stopped slappen da bass, what a shame he was a hero of mine at one stage.

Then I got a train to Moriset [5] was not bad nor good. I went to sleep for a bit then some people left an there was a spare 2 seats so I had a rest until my stop.

That was my experience with my second soundwave, was it as good as the year before I can't remember :lol:

Cheers for the read, Sam.

2. Ultraussie

Ultraussie SS.org Regular

Is this meant to be humorous?
    Not getting it...
    "I waited around for 40 minutes".
    Woundln'tyou wanna go check out some new bands that seem interesting to you during that 40 minutes?

3. Veldar

Veldar Is Post-Thrash?

My dad wanted to wait for them.

EDIT: at the time it seemed like they were about to come on, and it's not meant to be hilarious but it's not a serious review.

4. abandonist

abandonist Banned

Thanks for the facebook post.

5. Veldar

Veldar Is Post-Thrash?

Facebook post?
    Are you from VoD?

6. Yo_Wattup

Yo_Wattup Kick the Butterfly

Periphery has bad sound... another hit for the axefx reputation... I think I might stick with traditional heads after all.

7. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

Man this review sounds like it was written by a child! oh wait.....

8. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

haha! I think you'd be better off forming an opinion on a more professional review of the unit. You know, one that would tell more about the product and less about the hot dog and chips they might of had during the review :lol:

9. thesnowdog

thesnowdog SS.org Regular

When you were at preschool? :cool:

10. danresn

danresn SS.org Regular

I saw periphery and they sounded great, Misha's lead tone really cuts. My bet is he went right up the front on the side out of the direction of the speaker.

11. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

OK LOOK.....YOU PUT YOUR AGE.....YOU LOST ALL CREDIBILITY.

/thread

12. Tyler

Tyler SS.org Regular

Yeah unfortunately I just cant see this as a review. I couldn't take this too seriously when the chips got involved and a hot dog being a ripoff

13. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

this is the kind of threads that you read a few years later and think

''The hell I was thinking?''

14. abandonist

abandonist Banned

No, he lost all credibility because it's quite possibly the worst review of something I've ever read. The spelling is particularly egregious.

But yes, I generally don't care what a 15 year old has to say about anything - unless they're very articulate and smart for their age. Not the case here.

15. Veldar

Veldar Is Post-Thrash?

I see what you did there.
    No I got into Suicidal Tendencies for a bit.
    No I was right in the middle, where were you?
    You know how to make people feel good.

thesnowdog likes this.
  16. Veldar

Veldar Is Post-Thrash?

I think I can live with that.

$9 is a rip-off it wasn't even good.

I had Credibility?

Can you Djent with chips into a Axe-FX?

17. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

No. Never even to start with. You just advertised yourself as being clueless and nobody is going to want to listen to your dumb immature ass.

18. BIG ND SWEATY

BIG ND SWEATY Edgy

how did Ghost get a 1 for being less muddy than Periphery?

19. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

:rofl:
    Pure fucking gold. The fact that it's serious makes it all the more funny.

20. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

a Mod should close this.....so the....''old grumpy men'' in SSO avoid problems.....and the kid can avoid more humilliation

.....but I don't know how to report a fucking thread :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.