7 string aftermarket pickup string spacing

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Are all aftermarket pickups made with the same spacing? Dimarzio 7 string pickups have 61.2mm spacing, Duncan does not seem to specify. I'm ooking at buying a second hand Elysian set, the seller hasn't noted the string spacing and (for some strange reason) is unable to measure it out for me.
My RG1527 has a spacing of 62.5mm from high E to low B for the bridge and 60mm for the neck. It does have the Edge bridge (dunno the specific version of the Edge it has).

Help?

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
DiMarzios 7 string are cool and fit most Ibanez guitars. Their string spacing is unquestionable and suits all Ibanez guitars either in neck or bridge. Look for UVs and K7s as a simple example, all loaded with Dimarzios. for 7 stringers, there is "only" the "Fender" string spacing, even with Tun'o'matic bridges.

My biggest grip is the pickups' thickness with Ibanez guitars because their pickup cavities are generally too shallow, specially those for direct mounting pickups.

I'd suggest you to visit/email Elysian pickups...? Or wait for the seller to be able measure the pole spacing...? Nevertheless, not being able to measure something as simple as this is, looks to me like a red flag...

Legion

Reaction score
Well, the man himself (Adam) saw this and reached out to help. I scooped up the Elysians. :)

Legion

Reaction score
Cool, report back when you get them and good luck, was it a local buy or are you waiting for the mail to deliver them...?
Local-ish, kinda but not really? I'm in San Diego and this guy is in south LA. Two hour drive, but my brain was like fuck it delivery is ten bucks and I'm a lazy fart

Legion

Reaction score
Pickups are here :)

Now I need to find the time to do the active to passive conversion, woven in with 16 hour work days....