435 Htz tunning>

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I use 432hz. Have for years, but only because i found this out when i first started playing, when learning and jamming to my favorite songs and always sounding out of tune lol. I just stuck with it out of habit when i started doing my own music. Im not sure how accurate this is, but i remember reading somewhere online a while ago saying that 432hz was what symphony instruments like violins/cellos/etc are tuned to. Makes sense, because when doing symphonic styled tracks my guitars and bass are spot on with the orchestral parts lol.
Orchestral instruments are tuned to 440 like everything else in Western music.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I use 432hz. Have for years, but only because i found this out when i first started playing, when learning and jamming to my favorite songs and always sounding out of tune lol. I just stuck with it out of habit when i started doing my own music. Im not sure how accurate this is, but i remember reading somewhere online a while ago saying that 432hz was what symphony instruments like violins/cellos/etc are tuned to. Makes sense, because when doing symphonic styled tracks my guitars and bass are spot on with the orchestral parts lol.
I just checked your songs on youtube, and they all appear to be orchestral only, and appear to be at or near 440 Hz. Not sure if you are trolling or what, but I listened through half a dozen songs. They're pretty cool, honestly, like you could hear in movies or games. But definitely not reflective of this post in any way.

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just checked your songs on youtube, and they all appear to be orchestral only, and appear to be at or near 440 Hz. Not sure if you are trolling or what, but I listened through half a dozen songs. They're pretty cool, honestly, like you could hear in movies or games. But definitely not reflective of this post in any way.
First of all, thanks for checking the tunes dude. As for the 432hz thing, if they are at 440hz, then we'll blame my POD Go for that. I tune on that set to 432hz. How close that is or not to where it should be, i have no idea. But to say it's not reflective, that sounds like trolling dude. And they all aren't orchestral only dude lol. I've got a handful on there that are orchestral only, only 2 originals actually on there that are orchestral only. I do TONS of Castlevania covers/remixes and those definitely call for orchestra lol. But yeah, again, no trolling, 432hz on my POD Go tuner.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Please cover the entire SOTN soundtrack if you haven't already. I couldn't care less what calibration the tuning is.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I thought it was 425hz?
  • 415 Hz for a lot of Baroque pieces
  • 466 Hz for a large number of Baroque/Renisance Flute/woodwind pieces
  • 435 Hz if you're into 19th Century French pieces
  • 432 Hz for the mystical "resonate with the Earth" vibe
  • 420 is for stoner/sludge music

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Classical orchestras tune to the A of the oboe. Which is defined by being the note at 440hz. Wind instruments are used as references as their tuning is fixed, and the oboe because the 440hz is reachable by most orchestra instruments that need tuning, from violin to contrebass. (Percussions also need tuning, but this is done beforehand).
The only reason an oboe can go out of tune is mechanical alterations to the rigging or the wood warping. Which is uncommon, as they are usually made of boxwood (think, chess pieces).

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Makes sense, because when doing symphonic styled tracks my guitars and bass are spot on with the orchestral parts lol.

Not sure I understand what you're saying here, if you tuned them all using the same calibration that would be why they're spot on. Unless I am missing something?

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not sure I understand what you're saying here, if you tuned them all using the same calibration that would be why they're spot on. Unless I am missing something?
What i meant was, if what i read was true, and from what i've tried, tuning to 432hz matched my orchestra libraries. When tuning to 440hz, they would be slightly sharper. Again, this is tuning with the PODGo.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What i meant was, if what i read was true, and from what i've tried, tuning to 432hz matched my orchestra libraries. When tuning to 440hz, they would be slightly sharper. Again, this is tuning with the PODGo.
I'm serious... I am going to need you to cover every Castlevania soundtrack from the first game to SOTN. Please.

AwakenTheSkies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do It. Just tune to whatever, who cares. I only tune 440Hz because I use lots of VSTi and they are usually in 440Hz and I would have to pitch shift them which I don't like.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just tune to whatever, who cares.

Nobody cares, until some dingus shows up to practice wanting to tune to A=432 because he smoked too many healing crystals while reading david avocado wolfe

if you're playing by yourself or with a consenting group of like-minded dinguses, then by all means

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Usually, the keyboards player.

That's what I used to do. His keyboard was a little off, so we tuned to it so it wasn't off anymore.

Also...when the hell did we start adding numbers to tuning?