2010 RGA8 Justin Lowe Tribute

JW Shreds

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here is my 2010 RGA8 that i have customized as a nod to Justin Lowe of After The Burial, the dude who inspired me to pick up an 8 string in the first place. He was super nice and happy to talk about gear when i met him in 2013 when they were touring with Trivium and Devil Driver. Rest in Peace Juice 🦎
Found a really sick ATB neon green decal on Redbubble and glued a Lacoste emblem from one of my shirts on it. I may end up getting it refinished in Neon green if i can find someone locally that can do it, but im pretty happy with how this turned out! The neck is stupiddddd thin and doesn;t feel like any 2011 rga8 i played, maybe ibanez changed it because it feels way too close to the prestig rg2228 profile? Also, the edge fixed is a genius idea for tuning stablity. \m/

image9.jpeg image10.jpeg
image12.jpeg 99306172.jpg

Last edited:

JW Shreds

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This was my introduction to ATB and Justin Lowe. I absolutely LOVE his demo of Laurentian Ghosts. It almost has a certain mystique. Just beautiful.
One of the times i saw them live, Justin actually used to play that intro riff at sound check. So when Laurentian Ghosts came out on Dig Deep and i heard it for the first time i almost cried. LOL

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
Here is my 2010 RGA8 that i have customized as a nod to Justin Lowe of After The Burial, the dude who inspired me to pick up an 8 string in the first place. He was super nice and happy to talk about gear when i met him in 2013 when they were touring with Trivium and Devil Driver. Rest in Peace Juice 🦎
Found a really sick ATB neon green decal on Redbubble and glued a Lacoste emblem from one of my shirts on it. I may end up getting it refinished in Neon green if i can find someone locally that can do it, but im pretty happy with how this turned out! The neck is stupiddddd thin and doesn;t feel like any 2011 rga8 i played, maybe ibanez changed it because it feels way too close to the prestig rg2228 profile? Also, the edge fixed is a genius idea for tuning stablity. \m/

View attachment 111829 View attachment 111830
View attachment 111831 View attachment 111832
Beautiful tribute my dude! I attended all of their shows in Belgium religiously, and managed to snag a couple of pics with him as well. I always felt like he was the nicest dude in the band as almost every show, he was the guy who was really engaging with the fans to get some questions answered.

Aside from that, he always got the tastier LACS models going:

6e1882fa28918e55ac2b9f685e364bb0.jpg

a13fb377d6f9d6dc7f66e50d20fb3e28.jpg

JW Shreds

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Beautiful tribute my dude! I attended all of their shows in Belgium religiously, and managed to snag a couple of pics with him as well. I always felt like he was the nicest dude in the band as almost every show, he was the guy who was really engaging with the fans to get some questions answered.

Aside from that, he always got the tastier LACS models going:

6e1882fa28918e55ac2b9f685e364bb0.jpg

a13fb377d6f9d6dc7f66e50d20fb3e28.jpg
Thanks man! and for sure, he was super eager to recommend me string gauges and let me know which songs of theirs were the easiest to learn as i was about to buy my first 8 a couple days after the show. and Jesus christ, that forging a future self LACS is amazing. Dude has the best taste in guitars i swear. lol

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
Hell yeah man, that's awesome! Big ATB fan myself and I always get down knowing Justin is no longer with us. Hell of a dude and I'm bummed I never got to see them live with Justin.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to Justin's LACS guitars? I'm guessing Trent just has them now?

JW Shreds

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hell yeah man, that's awesome! Big ATB fan myself and I always get down knowing Justin is no longer with us. Hell of a dude and I'm bummed I never got to see them live with Justin.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to Justin's LACS guitars? I'm guessing Trent just has them now?
Me too man. It's just sad. Dude was cool as fuck and a total compositional genius. Mental health is a terrible thing. Well, maybe he is jamming with Dimebag now. Dude was a huge Pantera fan \m/
Funny story, I remember the first time I ever saw them live, they were supporting As I Lay Dying and Winds Of Plague in like 2010 i think? The Atb dudes legit did shots of Absinthe before they played and you could smell the alchohol on them, yet they played everything perfectly. Became an even bigger fan of them after that LOL

But yeah man, im curious as to what happened to his customs after he passed. I know Trent had a pretty sick neon green LACS 8 with fishmans made as a tribute to him though