Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Ralyks, Jun 11, 2017.

1. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Is it me or is there no 'must have' game releasing for this console? Seems really weak for a new console.

2. Pav

Pav ???

There really aren't any must-have games on deck for the XB1 unless you love Crackdown and can't wait for Crackdown 3 next year. It makes me genuinely curious as to why this thing is so attractive to some people.

3. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

im so confused these days with having multiple console revisions, per cycle.
    So do we have Xbox one, Xbox X AND Xbox scorpio?. Or is X and Scorpio the same thing?.
    And if not why do we need different scaled down versions.? would it not make more business sense to ONLY have 1 console all singing all dancing and just price it higher to compensate?

I have a PS4 and an Xbox One, and its so annoying there are already multiple versions that are better, than what I have. If it was NEXT gen then thats completely different. It just feels dirty to screw consumers in this way.
    If it was PS5 and a brand new xbox then fair enough, but we know it isnt because developers are not there yet with console games are they?
    I hear about PC master race all the time so clearly PC is still some way ahead in hardware and software and whats possible.

4. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Microsoft have cancelled the exclusives they did have coming. Halo 5 was the worst in the series by far, so I'm not hopeful for the eventual 6. A Nintendo console will get a Mario and a Zelda and a Smash Bros; a Playstation will get a bunch of JRPGs. You can't buy an Xbox on credit.

5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

lewis, Scorpio was the codename for the Xbox One X. I guess the "Day One" edition is being called the Scorpio edition. At least with the PS4 Pro, games are built to run on the PS4 and intended to be enhanced on Pro, so as not to screw people over. Presumably the same is true for the X1X.

Microsoft at least know that there's no hope building home consoles to compete with PCs and are trying to shift everyone to Windows, anyway.

lewis likes this.
  6. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

If you can journey with me back to the early 1980's, the "console" and the "PC" were not really distinct things. A lot of PC-like consoles were pretty cool. I can see this sort of repeating itself in the future, where, in order to try to keep up with PCs, consoles will be upgradable.

We're already at the point where you don't really upgrade from one generation console directly to the next, but have these sorts of special editions with extra horsepower to play the same games with better graphics or smoother framerates - next will be different controls or hidden features for those who buy the add-on upgrades, then, you'll basically have a PC, where you'll be able to upgrade anything and everything in the hardware.

Just an imaginative stab at predicting the future. Carry on.

7. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Well, we had the Sega CD and 32X...

Also, Nintendo has a patent on an external processor for (presumably) the Switch. So maybe it'll get a power boosting dock or something.

8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

It is kind of sad that I preordered an Xbox One X, yet one of the first games I want is the Rare Replay collection.

At the very least, I'll have a 4K Blu Ray player that has some exclusives. And there are definitely some exclusions i want to check out, plus the backwards compatibility. I'll probably still end up buying games available on multiple consoles on PS4. I have a Switch too and I still get the PS4 version of games, despite having the added ability of portability.

9. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

I'd say save yourself money and get a Xbox One S unless you need games that are in 4k. The S can do everything else.

StevenC likes this.
  10. Ralyks

I thought about that, but I figured if I'm going to bother with an Xbox One, might as well go for the gusto. And may as well get the most use the 65' 4K tv I got.

Rawkmann likes this.
  11. Rawkmann

Rawkmann SS.org Regular

65 FOOT?! Damn, U ballin Son!

lewis likes this.
  12. Ralyks

I meant inch :lol:

Rawkmann likes this.
  13. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Man, I wish I had a t.v. that big when playing Sniper Elite 4. There are times when I have to get off my couch and move closer to the screen to see where the enemies are. The night missions are a lot harder to spot enemies at long distances and the magnifications are fixed on the binoculars and rifle scope at higher difficulties.

Rawkmann likes this.
  14. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

[​IMG]

I always thought the '/" for ft/in was confusing, though, honestly. But that's why most everyone uses cm or m when they want to be clear. :lol:

StevenC likes this.
  15. Ralyks

Grabbing mine at midnight. Got Cuphead (!!!), Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Killer Instinct, and Ori and the Blind Forest in preparation. And I just found out Blade Runner was released on 4K Blu Ray, sooo have to hunt that down as my first movie (since it seems freakin’ impossible to find)

16. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

Genuine curiosity, is 4k really that big of a deal? I play at 1440p and it's great and all, but it's not like the difference in 720 and 1080. I can see wanting to use your 4k tv for 4k, but wouldn't it be better to have 60+ fps in 1080p/1440p than to have 30-60fps in 4k?

Perhaps I'm missing the point? Personally, I'd be more attracted to shorter load times. Doom on xbox one was absolute cancer with the load times.

17. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

This is where I'm at. Don't own 4k tv and am unlikely to any time soon. I'm not a hard-core gamer so the One S should do me just fine.

18. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Same here. Given how dirt cheap they're coming down to for Black Friday I'm just picking up the S since I don't plan on buying a 4K TV, and I know any games will still have to accomodate those that don't have them.

19. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I'd say it depends on the size of the screen - on a 32" screen you won't see that much difference because the pixels will be tiny but on a 65" they're 2x2 times bigger each... That said, I'm completely fine with 1080p still and won't be buying a new TV (or Xbox for that matter, I've got the original Xbox One) any time soon unless my current 5 year old stops working for some reason.