Winspear Picks 2017

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Winspear, Jan 5, 2017.

1. gingerman

gingerman SS.org Regular

Yes, with the estimated shipping date now in the past. I am OK with things changing, it is just about uncertainty of the order status and latest ETA

2. Winspear

Winspear EtherealEntity Vendor

Hi, thanks for the order! You can always reach me quickly on email or Facebook if I'm not checking in here :) What was the estimated date on the preorder - did you get that from the Shipping page? I know there was a period when I let it get a few days behind as the preorder system is still very new and I'm just getting into the routine of updating the estimates :) I do have you written down in my book for the 27th though, sorry if the estimate you saw was a few days earlier! As always I am working as fast as I can to keep up - your order will certainly ship no later than the weekend. I would not be surprised if I reach you today actually, as I'm about to get going on a 12 hour session :hbang:

3. Winspear

Thanks dude! :hbang:

4. canuck brian

canuck brian Bowes Guitars Contributor

Tom has my nuts in his hands.

No really, he makes the nuts for my guitars. Tom's been asaint and an absolute joy to work with. Buy all his stuff.

I like the thin amber shuriken - going to order 10.

5. Winspear

:hbang::hbang: Thanks Brian dude, can't wait to see these guitars coming to life

6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

What's the best/ fastest way to order in USA? Are there some US retailers that people are using? I'm not on FB and a quick search only reveals demos, ebay, Aussie retailers, Winspear site, etc.

I'd love to purchase this batch ( below). Thanks for any assistance.

7. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

Winspear site is the quickest, most direct way to order. I don't believe Tom has any US dealers yet.

8. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Gotcha.. Thank you!

9. Winspear

Correct, no US dealers as of yet I'm afraid. My displayed preorder date at the moment is worst-case too - I'm currently shipping quite a way ahead of it :) That's the 'starter bundle' and only available on the site when the Amber Standards are in stock. However, if you want to place an order for an Amber Broadsword III and two Icegrip Shiv IV and leave a note saying Starter Bundle, I will swap an Icegrip Shiv out for the two engraved picks and make some new ones :)
    Save

10. JimF

JimF SS.org Regular

Hi buddy,
    Do you have any in stock at the moment?

11. EarlWellington

EarlWellington SS.org Regular

Pretty quick turnaround with ordering... got them in australia ahead of when I was expecting. Very happy

12. Winspear

Good to hear! :)
    Sorry JimF - Everything is made to order. Usually that's just a 1 or 2 day process but I have a big order queue at the moment with some workshop upgrades and paternity leave for our first baby (due this week) scheduled in there!
    I will be posting some updates here when things are totally back to normal and some new products are out :)
    But you can always hop in the queue at any time if you fancy. It's up to a month long

13. JimF

JimF SS.org Regular

No problems, I'll be ordering on payday :)

14. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

First off, congratulations! :hbang:

I was wondering if you could make a larger Shuriken? I bought a Shuriken and just got in the mail recently and it's a bit small for me (glad I didn't get the Mini). What I need are "XL" Shurikens. Something just a tad larger than the short side of the Battleaxe.

The Shuriken measured 31.3mm from point to point.
    The Battleaxe measured 33.2mm from point to point on the short side.
    So I'd think an XL would be something like 34-35mm from point to point.

15. JimF

JimF SS.org Regular

Order placed! I was going to ask for an express service at extra cost (looming recording!) but with a fresh baby I understand!:lol:

16. Winspear

Thanks :D Due today but looks like she's hanging on in there haha.
    That is no problem, no extra charge :) Just leave a note upon checkout with your request.

Received, thanks very much :hbang: I will do my best :D

17. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Sweet, thanks very much man :shred:

18. Winspear

Hi all! About time for an update [​IMG]
    We are overjoyed to welcome a new member to the Winspear family - Evie Grace Winspear, born 30/3/17

[​IMG]

You may have noticed that things have been quiet here for a while, along with a long order queue building on the webstore since November. Apologies for that, it's been very busy here! Further details at the end of this post.
    Things have been all but quiet behind closed doors - just keeping my head down clearing all these orders as well as working on new shipments for our fantastic dealers in China and Australia - Check them out at;
    http://www.yuanguitar.com/
    https://www.peerlessmusic.com.au/

[​IMG]

In addition to this, sample picks have been shipping for free with every Wired Guitarist StringDrop order - a fantastic new subscription service for tension optimized guitar strings! https://www.wiredguitarist.com/stringdrop/ Wired Guitarist

Also out this month are a batch of exclusive picks for customers of Horizon Devices by Misha Mansoor, shipping out the first preorders of their new overdrive/boost pedal, the Precision Drive - take a look! Horizon Devices http://horizondevices.com/product/precision-drive-preorder/

[​IMG]

This month, I am still working, but taking some hours off to spend with our wonderful daughter. I will be clearing all preorders that came in before 28th March ahead of time - hopefully this week. I also have some workshop upgrades and product developments to implement that have been delayed for far too long.
    Everything should be back to normal by mid May, with regular order fulfillment/no queue. More exciting limited products coming, along with some other announcements! You can still hop in the queue with a preorder this month if you wish (you will be able to see the estimated date of shipment as you checkout on the store), but the next few weeks will be spent making sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible from here on [​IMG]:)
    Thank you for your patience and support!
    The Winspear Family

19. JSanta

JSanta SS.org Regular

Congrats Tom, she is lovely!!

I just placed my first order ever for the Amber Shiv with the taper. I have spent a great deal on picks when I had my Gypsy guitar, but not a lot of thought other than the Jazz III types from Dunlop for electric guitar. I just picked up a pack of the JP primetones, but picks are a fun way to experiment.

20. sezna

sezna undermotivated

Are these worth buying in America or does the shipping make the price go too high? Also, as someone with zero experience with all of the different materials, which one is the best for someone with sweaty hands? I.e., most absorbant? The dragonsheart material has been good for this, as an example.