Why are you sad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex Kenivel, May 28, 2014.

1. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Yeh, I hear that.

I've had some days where I just had no idea what to do with myself. Might be doing something you have to do thinking "man, when will this end, I want to be doing anything else right now", then you finish that thing, have a whole day left and think... "ah great... now I don't know what to do, and nothing sounds appealing right now".

Sometimes just gatta pick a thing and do it anyway. Might be enough of a pickup, might not. Who knows.

2. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yeah, the mind's an interesting thing. When I have a day like you described I just don't do anything. Haven't had one in a long time though, I always have to do something :lol: But what I mean is that it's not a crime to just idle out sometimes :)

3. watson503

watson503 Los Cochinos

Just heard Ralph Santolla is in a coma, he suffered a heart attack and things are not looking well.

4. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I live on an island, resort thingy. Been here for 9 months. I recently found a chick which happens to be of my age (34), first chick I ever date thats my own age, which on this island is pretty weird to find, average age here is like 24 lol.

I only got to go out with her for a few weeks, now she left today :( shes been here for 3 years, also recently broke with her ex one of reasons why she wanted to leave.

so although it was cool the little time we spend, it sucks I had to meet her on her last few days :( and that she jsut left today

might see her in a month as we planing a snow trip tho

5. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

was chatting to a ex band mate via messenger and he asked what am I doing musically at the moment and my honest reply of fucking nothing made me sad to type

6. Spicypickles

Spicypickles 8 string Warrior

RIP to Anthony Bourdain. Apparently he hung himself.

I own several of his books, couple cookbooks etc. Loved his shows, his wit and dry humour. I don’t typically get bummed out over people I’ve never met, but this one stings, deep.

At the very least, I hope it was an auto asphyxiation thing, and he finished.

rifftrauma likes this.
  7. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Anthony Bourdain :(

8. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I read through the whole "Steel Panther Made a Shitty Patch Name and it Got Changed" thread.

Jesus Christ, no site is safe from people with dog shit opinions I guess.

AxeHappy likes this.
  9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I honestly don't think that thread was going that horribly before it was closed. But, oh well. Edit: Unless I'm the one with the terrible opinion :lol:

10. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Not to resurrect the thread here but there was some juvenile shit there, you were eloquent even if I didn't necessarily agree with your points. It was one way to spend the last hour or so of my work day though. :lol:

TedEH likes this.
  11. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

What really got me about that thread was that several musicians backed the toneprint as it was and the petition to bring it back had twice as many signatures the day after it was made than the one that got the toneprint taken down in the first place. I go back to that thread to post it, and it was closed.

12. wedge_destroyer

wedge_destroyer SS.org Regular

I'm single unwillingly after 8 years, but to hell with it and to hell with her. Atleast I've got a bottle and won't be accused of cheating when im not doing anything. So guess that's a small bonus.

13. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

My wife and kids went back home for a few weeks until I join them. I've been 3 weeks by myself and still got three more weeks to go. I get to do all the things I did before I had kids, aside going out with people as my work schedule lately has been inverse from everyone else, and it just seems so meaningless. Yes I enjoy staying late but I still wake up early. I've managed to fix things around the house and play guitar whenever I want, in normal hours, and as loud as I want.

I see them almost everyday and speak with them but it's just not the same. I've missed my sons first steps and I've had my daughter crying and saying she misses me a couple of times and asking me everyday if I'm joining them tomorrow (she's close to four). I know they're having fun most of time and have the opportunity to see the extended family more and that's the only thing that balances things out but man does it hurt some days. It's so strange but when I have them around all the time I want just a bit of free time to do my thing and wonder how cool it was being single or have no kids. Then they're away for a while and I realize how empty my life is without them.

14. possumkiller

possumkiller Flying V for Vendetta

Because after 35 years Dave Mustaine still can't move on and let it go.