Why are you sad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex Kenivel, May 28, 2014.

1. HerbalDude420

HerbalDude420 SS.org Regular

^Did you ever tell them about yourself? If you gave them the low down and they still when it happened did not want to be friends they may have not been good friends to begin with. When I was feeling lonely and had not many friends I played Counter strike source with a clan and made good friends with them for a whole summer till school.

2. Discoqueen

Discoqueen Dang tootin

Yeah, there were all aware I was in a spiral. I think some people could have done more, but I also feel like when it comes to illness there is just going to be a lot of time you have to be alone :/

But yeah, thank god for the internet. Its really the only means I have for socializing :ugh: but it is so much better than nothing

3. watson503

watson503 Los Cochinos

Just got the call that a friend of mine passed-away this past Saturday. We hadn't seen each other in a year or so, I distanced myself after he went even further over the edge with drugs. I had heard he had gone beyond massive amounts of norco's, soma and iv cocaine use to heroin in the past several months...I lost my little brother to heroin almost ten years ago and now several friends, most who started after dabbling in pills and graduating to that shit.

4. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

I've lost a lot of friends to that shit as well. Totally sucks when something that seems so innocent, like a couple pills now and then, turns into a full blown heroin addiction; but seems to be the result far too often. Sorry for your loss

watson503 likes this.
  5. Lindmann

Lindmann SS.org Rectangular

My Bugera 6260 died on me yesterday.
    It is the second time in 6 years.

I think I am done with it now.
    I'm gonna repair it, sell it and go for a 6506/5150 instead.

Eventhough I really loved the amp I consider it too unreliable now.
    I don't want it to break right in the middle of a show.

AxeHappy likes this.
  6. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

I no longer have any ERGS (Unless you count the Baritone).

The soonest I can probably get one is after my house move completes. Which is estimated to be anytime between 4 - 6 weeks.

7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I've been noticing more and more that stuff I used to listen to pretty regularly has just silently disappeared from Spotify. Bunch of Devin Townsend stuff (Ki has been missing forever, Terria is gone, Ziltoid is gone). Some Testament stuff I really like vanished then came back. A local band's stuff was up for a while and is not unavailable.

I really like the whole idea of Spotify giving you access to this huge wealth of music all the time, but when stuff is suddenly gone it does reinforce that you're no longer in control of what music you have access to anymore (unless you ALSO buy copies of stuff you want). But I don't really want to have to juggle between CDs, digital copies of stuff that I have to shuffle between devices, and subscription accounts - the whole point of Spotify for me was that it would be a one stop shop for listening to whatever. It's still the lowest friction way to get to 90% of what I'd want to listen to, but sometimes you want to hear something and realize it's gone.

8. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Insomnia + vivid nightmares = one tired and irritated dude.

Discoqueen likes this.
  9. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Feeling pretty bloody alone at the moment. I usually enjoy my own company but these last few nights have been a bit sad. I know I'll be over it in a few more days but right now it's a bit shit :(

10. EverDream

EverDream SS.org Regular

Hey Vyn I read about your depression in the depression and playing guitar thread, that is so horrible what happened in your life, I'm so glad you were able to get back to playing guitar again finally. Are you feeling any less alone or sad yet? I just noticed you posted Saturday so it's been a few days since then... any improvement? Hope you feel better man!

Discoqueen and Vyn like this.
  11. blacai

blacai SS.org Regular

Five years in a foreign country, pretty well-paid job related to my background but where I feel no challenges.Also dealing with German(language and people) is quite hard and my social circle is going slowly to reach 0 because of friends leaving the country or getting married+having kids.

12. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

Watching older movies (that I didn't realize were that old) and seeing how many of the actors are dead now. I remember when I was a child and my parents used to comment about the same thing when they watched older B&W movies...

Case in point: Space Balls from 1987. John Candy, Dick Van Patten, Joan Rivers, and John Hurt are all deceased.

On the bright side... Mel Brooks is still going strong in his 90s and Jim J Bullock survived a crystal meth addiction.

13. watson503

watson503 Los Cochinos

I got the word yesterday that one of the best friends I've ever had was killed by a drunk driver. Tim was riding home on his Moped when a woman ran over him, she never stopped and drug most of his Moped under her car, all the way to her driveway where she parked and was later arrested - she said she thought he was "roadkill" or a possum...Tim had an inoperable brain tumor and was told he'd be lucky to see 40 - he was 46 when he was hit and killed this past weekend. Tim was one of the kindest people I've ever met, he will be missed, dearly.

[​IMG]

http://kxan.com/2018/02/11/affidavi...ntinues-drive-home-after-hitting-killing-man/

14. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Hey man, thanks for checking in :) It's been a bit of a roller coaster that's for sure. I've nearly good my skills back to where they were (currently trying to learn a bullshit arrangement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata for 7 string in B Standard). I've had a bit of retail therapy in the last couple of days with some new gear (USA Jackson and down-payment on a 6505+ ) which is always a nice boost. It's just some of the nights that still ruin me. My partner and I used to live together - even though it's nearly 4 years on it still feels a bit weird being alone of a night. Yesterday was Valentine's Day which was a nice kick in the pants as well. Just need to put my head down for a bit and ride it out.

Discoqueen likes this.
  15. EverDream

EverDream SS.org Regular

Wow, that's cool about the new gear, whenever I get new gear it always gets me excited again, which is a feeling I don't feel too often, so that's great you got that at least. Yeah it's still Valentine's day here (for about 25 more minutes, lol), that must have been hard, but at least that's past you now at least. I think you are doing a great job managing considering what happened in your life, a lot of people might not be doing as good, so good for you! :) I've never experienced losing a partner, because I've never had one, so I know what loneliness feels like because I have been alone (no partner) my entire life, and isolated for the past 16 years (I'm 34 now), but when you've had someone and then lost them, that I imagine would be even harder because I've always found that it's harder to cope with something once you've had it and then lost it. So yeah you are doing very well, a lot of people, I've noticed, will just drink all the time or turn to drugs to try to bury the pain, but then end up a mess because they become addicted and they ruin their bodies, etc., so yeah you are coping very well given the circumstances, so yeah, good job! :D :hug:

Just keep thinking about the new gear, that will help, lol, ok see ya around man! :wavey:

16. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

It is currently -43.4C (-46.1F) without the wind where I'm at right now. Its the coldest recorded temperature since 1981, broke a record that dated from 1990.

With the windchill, it is -63C (-81F).

Its cold. Like, freaking cold. Good thing I only go outside for a 10min van ride from my office back to the camp, still enough to freeze one's ass off

17. EverDream

EverDream SS.org Regular

OMG, that's like Antarctica cold or something!! :eek:

18. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

Well I'm closer to the north pole than the south pole but yeah, its in the same temperature ballpark ahah. Should mention that we broke the record for February 17th, not the coldest ever recorded temperature here.

But as of today, we are the 13th coldest town on earth. -46C (-50.8F), -66C (-86.8F) with the windchill

19. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

That is pretty insane, it's only -13C in here right now. Measured record at year 1999 in Finland was -51,5C without the wind. But it hasn't gotten that cold in this town ever, -35C might be close to the record.

20. Discoqueen

Discoqueen Dang tootin

I hope you find more and more comfort as time goes on. You’ve got a lot of resolve and that is very admirable I think, for what it’s worth coming from a random forum member. Wish you all the best

EverDream likes this.