Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Send management a list of days where you'll have no, or limited availability. While they don't have to accept it, you can make the argument that they were planned far in advance.

2. Kaura

Kaura #Make:cool:SmileyCoolAgain

Yeah, we have an app for phone where you can put down the days you wish to have off or days when you're willing/available to work but it was made us very clear that we have to put all the wishes 3 weeks upfront because the employer is also required to put up all the shifts 2 weeks upfront (even though my old boss at different department hardly ever followed this arrangement).

So in other words, if I have to show my wishes 3 weeks upfront, I don't think it's fair that the employer can just make me come to work with less than 24-hour notice even if my boss had an understanding that I was available. They really should've called me and asked if I can come because it would have been okay since I would have had the legal right to refuse.

And my case isn't even the worst. Earlier this year my colleague got a text message at 8-9pm that she was put into a shift that started at 6am the next morning. I don't remember if she even went but I know I definitely wouldn't have.

3. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yep, afaik that's the law. I would just tell them nicely something like "Ok, I'll do this one this time, but I've also got other things planned so from now on I'd like to know my shifts 2 weeks upfront as the law dictates". Because, you know, even though it's not nice, you don't want to start arguing with your employer right of the bat if you want to keep the job.

4. Kaura

Luckily, my contract ends on 15th of January and I'm definitely not staying even if they offer to prolong it. :D

p0ke likes this.
  5. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Infidel

Came across a 1998 onyx blue Rg7620 advertised in great condition on GC's used gear the day before yesterday.

Got home from work this morning with plans to call the store and ask some more specific questions about its condition and most likely buy it.

I should have called yesterday. Gone off the site.

You snooze you lose.

6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire pickupwhoricus americanus

I had to basically threaten to quit my job to get the days off I wanted. I even told them which days i wanted off 4 fucking months ago. They acted like they were doing me a favor by actually giving me those dates off (only after I reminded them I put in for this time months in advance). It's not my fucking problem if the braindead scheduler sucks at their job, I gave plenty of advance notice. :rant2:

7. Kaura

That's so like my old boss. I can't even count how many times I left to work on a day off right after my boss calling me on the day off and begging me to cover for someone who called in sick but whenever I said at least 1 month beforehand that I need to have a day off he would always just say "we'll see" and I don't think that even once he actually gave me the days I asked for.

Soooo, what still makes me kinda mad about that I had to go to work today is that how slow the day was. Last hour or so I was literally just loitering around waiting for the clock to turn two. Still can't understand why they put me in the shift if they knew how slow the day was going to be.

8. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Stop being rugs. Your shitty coworkers who don’t get fired know that the firm sucks and can’t keep people. It’s hard and expensive to train new people. Just call out the day you need off.

Back when I was hourly in retail I worked a grocery store job and never once worked when I had exams or class.

My manager got it, the assistant manager didn’t and would try to power play by scheduling me when I said I couldn’t so I showed up at the time I requested anyways and left when I needed to.

To cop the attitude of your crap coworkers “what are they gonna do?”

9. will_shred

will_shred Wannabe audio engineer

YO FUCK PROTOOLS

I have been mixing my capstone project for the past two weeks, with no issues what so ever. I come today to start making the final corrections, and protools crashes every time I try to open my session. I have to have this album mixed and mastered by next week and I can't work because of this shitty, bug ridden software.

Protools might have a better UI than reaper, but the fact that I can't actually know that its going to work every time I open it is insane considering how much money it costs. FUCK AVID.

lewis and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  10. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

This may help.

will_shred likes this.
  11. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

2:30am wakeup call from the local police because some fuckhead decided to gank the front plate off of my black Audi, put it on the back of another black Audi and rob a bunch of convenience stores and evade capture.

They couldn't get the guy but they got the plate # which led them right to me.

Man I was fuckin PISSED.......2:30 beating on the door when I get up at 5 is NOT WELCOME...I almost got tased.

Tired as shit but can't go to sleep otherwise I won't sleep tonight.

lewis likes this.
  12. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Literally couldn't have said it better myself.
    I had to deal with Avid "support" when I bought my Eleven Rack. Never ever again. God I detest that company.
    The 11 was pretty bitchin tho not gunna lie

will_shred likes this.
  13. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Not so much actually mad about this but more of a rant...

People that get on social media, post a picture of an Oreo or something as meaningless, and caption something like "my current situation." Another one that comes to mind is when someone posts something like "so this happened" or "I did a thing" and post a picture of something they bought... Wanna do a thing? Fuck yourself with a cactus and then tell me about THAT situation.

14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I also get angry when people express their enthusiasm publicly.

AxeHappy likes this.
  15. GatherTheArsenal

GatherTheArsenal Metal Head Farmer

lmfao! legit laughed out loud here bud, goddamn! i'd pay money to see that :lol:

16. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

It's one of those things that's funny when done well, but is grossly overdone by basic bitches to the point where any utterance of the words become irritating.