Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Kaura

Kaura #Make:cool:SmileyCoolAgain

Ughhhhhh, tried to reinstall Cubase 6 but I don't have the activation code. I still even have the box it came in but the code is missing. Looks like I finally have to start using a newer version. I just hate the current design and it makes my workflow much slower since I'm so used to the old look.

Edit: Well, shit. Because I haven't activated the original version (6), I can't activate the newer version because the activation code is for an upgrade and since I technically don't own the original version then I'm basically screwed.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. possumkiller

possumkiller Goose stepping in front of a mirror

Freakin CITES. Trying to sell a rosewood neck internationally just to fund a guitar with a rosewood fretboard coming from internationally. FUCK

3. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Fucking Japanese eBay listings, trying to work out which sellers are legit and which are just posting someone else's listing. SMH. @MatiasTolkki , any recommendations as to which sellers to use?

narad likes this.
  4. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Burn In Agony

Give me some listings or makers you're looking at right now.

5. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Burn In Agony

6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I think this is the hottest day of the summer so far, and the AC is busted at the office, of course.

7. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

I have a canker sore and it's near the back of my throat.

8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire self-appointed sso pickup tester

I made brownies, but didn't hear the timer go off, so they're all burnt :pissed:

9. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Maybe this belongs in the First World Problems thread, but I'm feeling more aggro than pissy. Last day of work at a job I hated, but, as expected, everything I disliked about it had to come back for one last slap that just made it feel more enervated than triumphant. The long commute, extra long and extra hot; the idiots, extra stupid; the people I liked had the day off.

The job felt like a stool at a crappy diner. Still warm from the last person there and it will be warm for the next person, where you're just intended to tuck-into the greasy hash in front of you until you're too sick to your stomach to stay. Good riddance. Okay, now I'm feeling better!

Jacksonluvr636 likes this.
  10. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

I'm out of pasta

11. narad

narad SS.org Regular

<double post>

12. narad

narad SS.org Regular

For real. I've complained to ebay several times, but they won't do anything if the store that owns the merchandise itself complains. I'm like, sure, but it begs to reason that 8 guys aren't in possession of the same instrument (with the same photos). You know, who cares about the end user experience of buyers...

They're ruining the legacy of meestursparkle...

AxeHappy and Vyn like this.
  13. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

because they still see you as that 13yr kid and forever they will on some degree.

I got a similar-ish thing with my family, mostly my brothers. They still treat me and talk to me like their "little brother" even when Im fucking 34. I still feel Im not enough for them, or they still need to lecture me or teach me or anything. Ive never been in a position (as I can recall), were they came to me asking for advice or looking up to me or a "what should I do" or help or anything..... Like they wont trust me to take the lead on something as they of course are alwys right first. Even when Im the one who flew away, started a life ona different country and I ahve been/done far more stuff than any of them..... They are succesfull dont get me wrong, my sister is high up on the corporate ladder and my two brothers work with my dads in their company and they all ahve family/house.... so maybe work wise Im not there like them

Maybe Im exagerating, but thats how I feel and reason why Im not really much in contact with them.... mind you they wont call either, they all chat on a stupid group on whatsapp, the only reason why Im still there its because "im family" if not I would ahve left that group AAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEESSSSS ago, they always send and talk the same stupid shit.

Im always been more comfortable by my own, even last year after I went to NAMM I kinda "had" to go to florida to see my folks... like if I already make the big trip over tehre might jsut go bit further to see them, but in my mind I was like "I wish I had gone to a snow resort in colorado or something to do snowboarding" lol..... Fuck none of them have made any sort of effort to come visit me(my brothers that it... my parents have come twice already) , yeah I know Australia... but still is not taht expensive... fuck there it was my sister going to stupid Paris for NYE last year, but then they go with the "Australia is too far/expensive" ......meh really, I would keep doing my thing, once they decide to do a group hollyday again with everyone I would tag along, if not I wont waste my money for a trip I wont enjoy because I would never do MY thing, rather what THEY want to do

rant over

lewis likes this.
  14. USMarine75

USMarine75 Lover of sasquatch erotica Contributor

I was following an eBay listing that was stuck at one bid for a week. And the bidder had zero feedback anyways so I figured it was just a junk bid. The guitar wasn't a well known model, but was 15 years old and basically brand new. There was a similar listing on Reverb for 200 more and only in average condition. It was stuck at the opening bid of $444 shipped and with 10 seconds left I figured I'd swoop in and steal it. Nope. It bid up to $710 in the last 5 seconds! I went back to the Reverb listing ($650) and that was gone right after. I'd bet money the guy who lost out with a $700 bid bought that one as a consolation prize.

Anywho, I'm just bummed because I've only seen two of this model for sale in the last 5 years. (And I'm on a break from buying and $700+ was outside my emergency spending limit lol)

15. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

I'm selling a Boss RC-2 and and a guy contacted me asking for a price drop but he would've come to my house to take the pedal.
    Today he asked for another price drop and wants me to go to his house with the pedal.

I like people

16. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

Were the calls coming from within your house? Run!

lurè likes this.
  17. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Ah, gotta love that classic 70s horror meme. ie, Black Christmas, When a Stranger Calls

sirbuh likes this.
  18. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

nose piercings

what an asbolute joke they are. In most piercings are tbh. Out of 5 different piercings Ive had done in my life, only ear lobes were worth it and worked out.
    Screw piercings. Too much hassle than they are worth

19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I've never been a fan of piercings for the most part. Especially when they're those "edgy" and "subversive" piercings like eyebrows and noses and what have you. And I know that'll prompt someone to go "hey man, don't judge, people can do what they want!" to which I say, sure - do what you want, I'm all for that freedom of expression, buuuuut that freedom doesn't spare you from looking kind of ridiculous in my eyes. You're free to look ridiculous if you want. :lol:

20. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I've hated eyebrows for as long as I can remember, aside from that I think anchor piercings look trashy as shit too

21. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I don't know if this goes in the mad, or sad, or happy thread, or if it deserves a thread of it's own, or what.... but I woke up this morning to the news (via twitter) that the company I work for has been bought. Had absolutely zero idea this was coming.