Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

Literally had a blast

AxeHappy likes this.
  2. Kaura

Kaura Spicy meme enthusiast

Tried to apply for US citizenship but the site wouldn't let me to register. I guess I won't join the USMC ever. :(

NotDonVito likes this.
  3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

With how things are going, that's probably a good thing. :ugh:

groverj3, AxeHappy and BlackMastodon like this.
  4. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

You're not the right race most likely so you wouldn't like it anyways. Just being honest.

5. MaxOfMetal

I don't know if you've ever seen the demographics of Finland. :lol:

6. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

Sisu-Rah!

7. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Right race... what. This might be the whitest country in the world :D

8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Despise my job and trying to figure out how to pull off a career change while also raising an almost 3 year old by myself.

lewis, BlackMastodon and The906 like this.
  9. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

having to deal with a dumb co-worker, you know one of those with complete lack of common sense and ability to figure it out the most stupid simple things by itself. One of those that makes you think "how do you even manage all this time, had a bussiness, had a wife???"

we live on a small island, we got the priviledge at my work to have golf buggies due to our job (which have to be shared), lets say my house/room is at 30/40min walk.... I share the buggy with that person. Today trying to fucking argue about the buggies which my answer to him was simply "just fucking ask!".... like I like to go for a hike or gym after work.... donno why in the F he decided today to be like "but I need to buggy to do stuff in the afto too....... "well ASK!!!!!" for the big F sake!!!..... I do not give an F to walk back home and I have done it countless of times, he drops me at the location and I jsut walk......aahhhggg

like he was suggesting I share the buggy with another co-worker as she does gym too..... Im like "you know we got to different gyms at a different times no?.. I 90% of time go in the mornings, she goes afternoons"... and he knows, hes jsut too dumb to remmeber, in his mind is "you guys do gym so theres the solution derp" ..... same then he saying "but youy two always go out at night, so better you two share the buggy"...... which again, yes we sometimes we do go out together, but we also go out with different people at different places/times.... plus 80% of the time we take the bus as we cant drive after 1am and/or drunk...... all this while he doesnt do anything at night, if not we both need the buggies more at night than he would ever will..... you see what I mean with his logic and common sense being fully trow out of the window

he used to live wher Iw as which is at the end of the road at the furthest point you can live in this place, he always complain, now he got moved to a much closer location, which is same palce as other co-workers... so they give him a ride so Im cool I take the buggy as I need it for the morning...... but if the big puppy doesnt tell me he "needs it" Im not gonna give it to him

same shit other day, fucking lazy puppy decides to cry and call to pick him up from the ferry, im like "nope, Im going to gym" (its his day off, so ideally I got priority on buggy)..... "but I already asked blah and blah, I need a ride......." (other co-workers were like me... all of us thinking "just walk!!") literary his house is a 15 min walk from the ferry, he didnt have any bags...... I get it, if Im going home I could give you a ride, but since Im not that should be the end of the conversation, but he kept insisting, because hes too lazy to either walk or take the fucking bus which is a 5 min walk from there too

plus a couple of times to me and to another co-worker he bitching and crying to give hi the buggy because he "needs it" to go to the supermarket, when both of us where bussy, or more than that again he was the one on day off while us working and wanting to do do stuff in the afto already planed, but nooooo he NEEDS to go to the supermarket.... which for me one time, if I did was to loose enough time in order to not be able to do my afto long hikerun due to sunset times, and my friend other time she had her night planed with her boyfriend..... both times he was on day off, so technically he could jsut go to the supermarket at ANY time of the day, jsut take the fucking bus!!!!........ nope, only because in reality he wanted to buy a case of beer(to drink by itself at home) so it was "too heavy" to carry abck to the bus.... or buy a cooked chicken, which was "too hot" to be able to re-heat once he get home after bus....... could he wait to the next day?... nope, he need it that day......

my friend told him, take the bus, I would pick you up from the supermarket at X time and give you a ride home...... X time arrives, hes not there as he was waiting for my friend to pick him up from his house......

Im seriously considering changing my days off jsut so I can maximise the amount of times I wont have to deal with him per week lol

sorry for the rant, I started typing as a quick why Im mad, end up being a full on rant, Im not expecting anyone to read it, I just need it to blow off some steam. Before I post it I tried to search for the rant tread but I couldnt find it, not even using the search function... plus this rant could be placed into first world struggle tread too hahaha

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  10. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

11. Kaura

Kaura Spicy meme enthusiast

Just bought Native instrument's Komplete 11 which I'm very happy about. But trying to download all the 122 gigs worth of stuff with the piece of shit called Native Access I'm probably finished next month since the damn software gives me errors every two minutes.

12. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire despair ahead

the ccne just changed the requirements for CRNA degrees to a doctorate level from masters level :noplease:

13. FIXXXER

FIXXXER ¯\(°_o)/¯

not really mad about it but for some reason all my posts on this site have been deleted.
    I can't remember being rude or breaking the rules in any way, just wondering, any idea why my posts are gone?

14. MaxOfMetal

The server shit the bed earlier this month, or something, and it messed with viewing post/thread histories.

Your posts weren't deleted, they still exist, it just doesn't appear on your post history screen.

FIXXXER likes this.
  15. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Super Duper Moduraturr

The site recently had a database update that screwed up searches of content indexed prior to that date. Search google for your old threads, and you may find it’s only the ss.org search functionality that’s been deleted. If indeed your posts have been deleted, you are likely embroiled in a centuries-old conspiracy currently headed by a third degree master mason.

FIXXXER likes this.
  16. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

So sick and tired of family making snide and negative comments just to me anytime i go visit, despite being one of the 2 only people who make effort with the family.
    My working, driving, decision making is constantly mentioned in a negative way to make me feel like crap despite the fact how i live my life completely disproves the negativity. Never done drugs, never been arrested, never been in debt, dont drink, Have 2 beautiful children, a great home for my family etc etc.

Im only human and after a while it just builds up and i wana snap.

Constantly made to feel like the black sheep. And also im judged by a set of rules that only seem to apply to me.

Disgraceful. Im about ready to throw the towel in with them. I make regular visits to ensure family members are ok when others dont seem to care. Anytime i go there im given jobs to do that i do without batting an eyelid to help. Ive taken members multiple times to and from hospital visits for cancer treatments etc. Given beautiful grandkids and great grandkids to them, with who we make sure they see regularly and its all completely taken for granted and underappreciated.

Literally ready to stop trying now. Im nearly 30 and despite all the pluses i have going for me in my life, im still made to feel like a problem child of 13 etc.

Anway rant over.

17. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

Dodged a bullet.

Actually, dodged many bullets. Literally.

18. groverj3

Nobody in this state uses turn signals. Not to change lanes, not to turn, not to merge onto/get off highways.

I usually blame the retirees and the fact that Arizona driver's licenses don't expire for a ridiculous amount of time. Mine doesn't expire until 2054, for example. However, it's a blazing inferno here right now and the snowbirds have all gone home to wait it out until October/November.

Also, did I mention that it's hot. It's unfit for human habitation levels of hot, where you die if you don't drink gallons of water when you're outside for long periods of time. I can't wait to get out of grad school to escape this hellscape (but I know that after the summer is over I'll love it here again).

19. groverj3

I'll also add in that my PhD advisor expects me to go back and forth between bench work and my computational stuff and be just as productive at both. 10 minutes of down time while something runs on our server is somehow supposed to be enough to glove up and get some wet lab work done. She also decided to skimp, for budget reasons, and not send me to another lab to teach me how to do a very complicated experimental procedure that I am now stuck trying to muddle my way through this summer using nothing but internet forums, badly written methods sections in published papers, and emails to random other scientists that don't usually respond. Also while getting programming/bioinformatics work done concurrently which she doesn't know the slightest bit about actually doing, but vaguely knows enough about some of it conceptually to have opinions about how long it should take, etc.

Did I mention that I'm over grad school? I know there's always a boss breathing down your neck, wanting you to get shit done, and I have no illusions that these kinds of annoyances will disappear after I get out. However, 4 years of working for the same, very demanding, "boss" and only vague ideas from her about what I actually have to get done to graduate rather than specific milestones to work for gets old.

I used to get all stressed out about work, but in the past 6 months I've mostly started ignoring my advisor's criticisms and the stress of keeping up with the expectation to work on nights and weekends in this lab. Instead, I play my guitars and relax, knowing that I've gotten two first author papers already and no matter how much work I get done it won't be enough to avoid getting chastised.

I'm feeling bitchy today, I guess.

20. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

After roughly 1.5 years of usage my phone is pretty much fucked. It has served well for what it is, it's a Huawei P8 Lite that I paid 99€ for. It basically never got any updates (apart from Android 5 -> Android 6 update straight away when I unpacked it for the first time), and 16gb of storage space is simply not enough for normal use. So I flashed Lineage OS 14.1 on it, which enables me to use a microsd as extended internal storage, so now I have 16+64gb of storage, which is way more than enough. Anyway, since I flashed that, my battery life has been rubbish - my battery is pretty much constantly empty. I bought the same phone for my wife around the same time (mine is black and hers is white), and hers is starting to suffer from the same issue without the modded os though, so it's not just that. The original Huawei battery saver is much more efficient than the default Android one though.
    Apart from that, I've noticed that my phone has become curved :lol: It's sort of bent backwards. It doesn't affect usage, but it looks like it won't last much more until the display snaps. My USB port also had some issues until I cleaned it with a sharpened toothpick.
    So anyway, because of the battery life issue, I've decided to buy a new phone for both me and my wife. My wife's birthday is on Sunday, so it'll be a great present, and I've decided to buy her the Huawei P Smart. That one is in stock everywhere at discount prices, so that'll be ok. But for myself - I want the Honor 9 Lite, and my network operator doesn't have that in stock yet. So I'm waiting for them to get that (because then my phone bill + all the phones are billed simultaneously = easier to manage + they allow me to pay for it in parts with zero interest), and am getting more and more infuriated by the battery life of my old phone...

I guess maybe this should've gone into the first world problems thread :lol: