Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Oh and I'm also mad because my daughter woke up at 4:30 this morning and refused to continue sleeping. She wanted to go and wake her brother up, and she just started crying and screaming louder and louder each time I told her "it's the middle of the night, you need to keep sleeping...". At 6:30 my wife got up with the girl and went downstairs, so I got to sleep a couple of hours more in the morning at least. It still sucks though, I'm totally dead right now.

lewis likes this.
  2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

The a/c in the building I work in is... not really doing it's job. I can hear fans going, but it's somehow hotter in here than outside. Working indoors is infinitely less pleasant when packed in a room of sweaty people.

3. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

That must suck. Luckily in our office the ac is pretty much the only thing that does work as it should :lol: It's not that warm outside right now, but still, when I step out of the office I basically get hit by a wall of heat :lol:

4. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

It's supposed to reach up to +28C today, which isn't too bad, but with so many people in one room at once, it exacerbates the heat. There's a guy coming in today to fix it, but that means everything is shut off until it's done. No air flow today. We'll see how well that goes...

5. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

Eff dat, sick day.

6. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Does the office not allow desk fans? I find that even when office A/C is working on a hot day, the lack of air movement away from the vents makes it feel like it's not effective. Even just a $10 cheapie fan makes a lot of difference.

7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

We have some fans. They are less effective than you would think. Weirdly... I think the ac is working right now? It's... not warm in here. I'll take it.

8. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Reverb thinks I'm refunding some piece of shit for a pedal they didn't have issues with and never filed for a refund, and as such, want to charge my fucking credit card. I will never do business with them. I'd rather deal with Guitar Center and Musician's Friend, though most likely, my future business will be going to Sweetwater.

Fuck Reverb, and fuck Jim Spencer.

lewis likes this.
  9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Bicycle anger continues. New bike got a flat. Replacement tube exploded while trying to inflate it. Something somewhere really doesn't want me to have a working bike.

10. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Could it be a bad batch of tubes? Maybe dry rot?

11. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

They're not all from the same place, or the same brand, or the same size. Some came from Canadian tire. Some came from the bike shop down the road from the office.

I hate to say it, but the common element is me.

12. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Guess you better get a skateboard. :lol:

13. bostjan

14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Most recent attempt seems to be sticking this time. The last one was the first attempt on the newer bike so maybe I hadn't inspected closely enough. Replaced the lining tape on the inside as well as added some extra electric tape to make the lining a bit thicker and cover more area. Did the installation super carefully. Inflated the tube very slowly this time, as well as let a bit of air out a couple o times before continuing (both to help it stretch/settle, if that even does anything, which it might not, but also went slow because the last explosion was really dramatic and my nerves are a bit shot from it hah). Was able to go around the block a couple o times without a problem. Going to take a shorter trip soon to see if it's alright. If that passes, I'll try it to get to work on Monday.

I think a smarter person than me would have given up and paid a pro to fix it long ago. Or bought a new (as in not used) bike by now. :lol:

15. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Actually, there's an interesting point in that article I hadn't considered:

I think this might be what happened to the last one - The tube I found wasn't a 100% perfect fit cause I couldn't find one. From what I read, you're supposed to be able to get away with a mismatch- tubes should be pretty tolerant of tire sizes they're used with. What I have is a 27x1.25 tire, but the tube is for a 700C (tiiiiiiiny bit smaller) x ~30mm (1.25 should be closer to 32mm. Supposedly, people say they put 1.125 sized tubes on these pretty often (closer to 28mm) which is within the range of the tube I got. Maaaaaaaaaybe because of the smaller size, I can't inflate to the full 90psi the tire claims I should be using. I stopped this time at ~80psi (I'm not that heavy, I don't think I need the full 90).

Edit: Some other sources are saying that this wouldn't make sense though. Lots of people say that a tube won't explode unless it makes its way outside the tire one way or another. Maybe I inflated too quickly and the tube pushed its way out of the tire...... Who knows. Was careful this time. Maybe I got it right for once. :lol:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  16. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

Another busy af Friday evening shift as always. As if the work itself wouldnt have made me mad already but I managed to bang my wireless 200€ headphones against a metal beam and broke them. Once I get back from my holiday I dont care how much were behind the schedule just because our stupid boss doesnt hire enough people, I'm not going to break a sweat even once.

17. NosralTserrof

NosralTserrof SS.org Regular

No matter how hard I try to look, finding band members is fucking impossible.

And I'm in a pretty big city.

watson503 and lewis like this.
  18. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

I spent my birthday with diarrhea.

19. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

i know these struggles.
    Got so fed up with our drummer search we just completely scrapped trying for now with the aim to start gigging with programmed drums until we get enough following that it hopefully then makes it easier to advertise for members.

I need a bassist too now so for the time being that too is on the backing track.

20. bostjan

At least you were not alone. :/

lurè and TedEH like this.