Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

We've all known that struggle dude; in fact it's pretty fresh in my mind. You have my sympathy.
    It gets better though- no matter how awful it is, your next job will feel like a blessing from Djod. So I mean, you've got that to look forward to at least.

NotDonVito likes this.
  2. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

Thanks man, I know that shit will get better after I make some definite plans and stick to them. Praise Djod.

3. squids

squids .

shit is tough man. i still make trips to taco bell on occasion, but i found trader joes helps a lot to get out of that habit haha.

4. vilk

vilk Very Regular

In a building one block from my office there was an ammonia leak and explosion this morning. We get an automated call from the city about it but the dumb girl who answered hung up without listening to the information. I call up the police and fire dept and they both tell me to turn off the AC and close the windows and doors. I tell the VP. What does he say? "We're not a block from there." and does nothing, says we'll turn it off if we smell anything.

First of all: Yes, we are. Look at a fucking map, we're one fucking block away.
    Second of all: Where did you get your fucking hazmat training? All the sudden you're an expert about exposure to gaseous poisons?

I mean, my eyes are not burning or anything like that, but so long as none of us are experts how about we just avoid gaseous poison just to be on the safe side? It's fucking disrespectful to care that little about the health of your workers.

A different co-worker went over the VP's head to the president, and the president responded immediately. But I know that the VP is going to have bad blood at me over it. Fucking retard asshole

Leberbs and AxeHappy like this.
  5. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

A) Holy shit, that sucks. Hope you and everyone in your office is alright.
    B) Looks like they removed the swear filters on SSO. :lol:

Leberbs, cult, AxeHappy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Zombie13

Zombie13 Guitartist

My friend took her life on Saturday morning. She made awesome music, we made plans to collaborate on songs together, we shared some good times...

7. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Man... I'm so sorry. Just wanted to offer condolences.

8. Zombie13

Zombie13 Guitartist

Thank you.

Not sure how to edit posts anymore, but this track, "Today", was one of my favorites from her band.

9. Gravy Train

Gravy Train Night Fiddler

I'm sorry to hear that man, my condolences..

10. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Have a search running on eBay.....something popped up Saturday and I hit BIN immediately, since the price was half off new.

Saw the price was in GBP, but didn't think anything of it....turns out dude won't ship to the US. This shouldn't be a problem, as all I bought was a DL code for a software license/DL, but since he didn't list the US as a shipping destination, eBay won't let me pay him without an amended invoice, which dude won't send me as he's completely unresponsive to emails. I've sent two msgs and eBay has sent him one explaining the issue and nothing.

I called them this morning to try and resolve the problem, and they told me they can't really do anything until after the expected delivery date has passed, which is August 24 (?! REALLY?) except to tell me to keep trying to get in touch with him.

Kind of blows, really wanted this software for a project I'm working on....can do without it, but this would be so much easier WITH it, and I can't just shrug off my commitment to this guy and go buy it elsewhere, so I'm stuck sitting here without it until the end of next month. Irked. If you're going to sell something on eBay, why be completely unresponsive to a buyer? I guess the bright side is that if I DID pay him and then sat here for 3 days with no product I'd be outright PISSED instead of mildly annoyed....

11. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

I'm so fking sick of being given a butter knife to bring to a gun fight at work.

12. steinmetzify

My woman....she's leaving for a girl trip to Egypt. I'm stoked for her, I really am. I'm paying for it, that's how stoked I am.

But three weeks about what she's gonna pack? Seriously? Please shut the fuck up. I'll be glad to listen to ALL of your stories about the exotic country you went to when you get back, but talking to me about all the shit you're undecided about taking?

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH.

Shush.

13. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

My wife travels for work every week yet is flummoxed by the extended-trip packing process.

"I don't know what to pack for my industry conference in [warmer/nicer/more intesting locale]! This is stressful!"

"Oh yes, honey. Why do bad things happen to good people?"

steinmetzify likes this.
  14. steinmetzify

I was working on an orchestral piece for a friend....had like 6 tracks done and spent about two hours on it and Reaper froze and force closed. Forgot to save.

Buncha crap....hey Reaper! You're a :dick:

15. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Get into the habbit of just every 2minutes or whatever hitting Cltr+s

I spam that repeatedly now when using Reaper to ensure I dont have this issue.
    I too have lost entire sessions where I was so busy nailing sounds and post production work I forgot to save. Disgusting when its all lost.

steinmetzify likes this.
  16. BlackMastodon

My gaming PC has been boxed up for the last 2 months and it's killing me. I gotta make my desk soon to set it up. One day I'll have her set up again...one day....

And don't even ask when the last time I picked up a guitar was. Fuck responsibility. :wallbash:

lewis likes this.
  17. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

been in a similar situation myself lately.
    My band has been struggling to actually have the time between us to hit a practice up (been a few weeks now without one) and in that time ive been real busy landscaping my garden. Picked my guitar up for the first time in those weeks yesterday. Felt good but was not particularly productive regarding writing. Just noodled for 2 hours then stopped.

18. BlackMastodon

Yeaaaaah I'm talking months, and realistically over a year since I've had any sort of productive playing. :squint:

19. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

longest I ever went was like 5 months and that was brutal........
    how have you managed over a year :( must be hell

20. Asrial

Asrial Whisper into nose

My PC is dying (mix between boot drive SSD, and MOBO/CPU dicking around), and it's going to suck replacing it financially.

Also, band wants us to cover "The Boys Are Back In Town" by Thin Lizzy, and for the past month I've tried practicing it, but BY GOLLY GEE FADUCKING GOD the bass is annoying, both to learn (what the fuck is wrong with the chord progression plus the bass carrying the melody?!) and to play (dotted rhythms that are fucking erratic, plus bloody impossible to practice with studio version because it was recorded back when granny was babby and proper pitch was a myth). Plus everyone just goes "just follow the chords!"... Well fuck, what do you want me to do for the melody and the rest of the song?! I can play Metallica and Tesseract no problem, but this song is going to be the bane of my existence.