Why are you happy right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Is this still the Why You Happy thread?

2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

1 week without a bicycle tire exploding. I'm calling that a win. Yes, bike tires exploding around me was a problem for a while. Sounds weird when I type it out like that.

BlackMastodon and AxeHappy like this.
  3. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

This video is making me very happy! I love watching things about nature. It uplifts my spirits.

FILTHnFEAR and BlackMastodon like this.
  4. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

Finished my first ever full album mix/master-project for a client yesterday. It involved 12 songs, inconsistent recordings, and I even had to slightly remaster two previously released singles (mixed by someone else) for the album, and they only had the already mastered versions! But man it was fun music to work on anyways. And the revision process was pretty good. I also made DDP for the fist time.

5. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Went to Nummirock and saw Alestorm, Moonsorrow, Fear of Domination, Medeia, Kalmah and some other bands last Thursday. Also gave the sauna truck a go and went skinny dipping in the lake that's in the middle of the festival area, that was awesome. I didn't have a towel with me so I just dried myself in the sauna and then went back to see more bands :lol:
    Since my life pretty much revolves around work and taking care of the kids these days, it was really refreshing to go and just worry about myself for a change. I didn't even mind the rain, and our tent leaked so I was basically soaked when I woke up on Friday :lol:

6. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Sat for the last CFA exam, and if I pass I won’t ever have to spend months of my life studying for this demand thing again.

7. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

A couple of days ago I saw Meshuggah and got signed for a six months internship in a chemical lab.
    Salary is a joke but at lest I saw Meshuggah for the second time.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  8. possumkiller

possumkiller Flying V for Vendetta

My new 1990 Greco Flying V shipped. Finally gonna have a white Hetfield style after 20 years.

A-Branger likes this.
  9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Raised the seat of my bicycle (which I ride to work pretty much every day) a little this morning, to the point where my legs are almost straight at the lowest position when pedaling and I can barely reach the ground without leaning to the side. It's so goddamned much nicer to ride now! I don't know why I didn't do it in the first place.

possumkiller likes this.
  10. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

I'm gonna see Meshuggah today live for the first time, it's gonna be a blast :cheers: :hbang:

Albake21 and p0ke like this.
  11. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

Quoting myself from the "Why are you mad?"-thread.

I sent Steinberg an email asking if there's anyway they could send me a new activation code even though I don't have any other proof of purchase other than the box and out of goodwill they sent me a new activation code even though basicly they were not entitled to. :holy:

12. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau I am the liquor

Moved in my new appartment today!!

13. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

My guitars play like butter after cleaning, oiling and so on the fretboard, using a pencil to add graphite to the nut, changing strings, and checking the intonation, action, and truss rod, which is still good from when I changed it previously. I also learned the verse riff of In My Dreams, and just about have the intro. I'm still putzing around with the pre chorus, and need to learn the chorus after that. That said, KISS, Dokken, and Lynch Mob are some of my favorite bands to learn songs by.

14. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I just booked my snow trip :D yaaay snowboarding woooooooo!!! it been too long since the last one

and yeah Im talking snow... Its winter here in Australia :p

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  15. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

"Winter" in the summertime? I'm starting to think you Ancient Austr-Aliens really are pretending to exist...

[​IMG]

Ebony and A-Branger like this.
  16. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

yeh its not eassy to fabricate a "snow" landscape, some people just hold onto footage from January, but good thiing I got heaps of bags of ice and that Im pretty good at photoshop ;)

17. RiksRiks

RiksRiks ERG Player Wannabe

I'm pretty happy because I'm buying guitars that seemed out of reach when I was younger (I'm still in my mid twenties so plenty of years ahead) this last week I bought a Boden J8 (Ill post a ngd post when I have more time) that I always thought would be unobtainable, because of my economic and geographic background. I feel like I'm taking big steps gear-wise way faster than I could have ever expected

The906, Anquished and A-Branger like this.
  18. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Custom Title

Big steps, no finish line. :deathm:

Looking forward to the NGDs.

RiksRiks likes this.
  19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Maybe happy is the wrong word for it, but I'm kind of glad that a trade I was going to go through with didn't happen. Was going to swap an old mim strat for a 50w Egnater amp I'd never heard of before. I don't need either one per se, so it was more out of curiosity. But in preparing for the trade, I had to pick up and noodle with the strat to make sure it was in decent shape before meeting the guy, and I drove all the way there thinking "man, I kinda don't want to trade this away now". Turns out he wasn't super impressed by the strat, and I wasn't sold by the amp, so we decided not to swap. And I am kinda relieved. It doesn't get as much love as it could, but I like having a strat around.

The906 likes this.
  20. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

Been sober for 25 days now which is easily the longest period ever since I turned 18 almost 6 years ago. I went to take two blood tests last month to check the condition of my liver, one after couple of days being sober and second one last week. Even though the values were more than twice over the reference levels on the first test, the second test came back with all the values under the reference levels (or at least that's what I understood from the phone call to a nurse since the test results didn't show up online for some reason). I'm so relieved to hear that I didn't manage to completely destroy my liver with years of heavy drinking and unhealthy diet.

BlackMastodon, A-Branger and The906 like this.