Why are you happy right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Shit, I don't even like Ghost and their show was awesome. Definitely worth seeing live.

2. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Our heating oil ran out last week, which is not huge problem since it's really warm outside, but we haven't had hot water since. The water tank is really huge though, so during the week without heating the temperature had only gone down to around 30 degrees Celsius (it's normally around 75), which would be fine if the water mixers in the taps could output hot water directly. But they can't.
    Today I woke up to a text message saying "your oil order has been delivered" and indeed, there was around 1000 liters of fuel in the tank. Then I just turned the burner on and after 15min the water was warm enough to take a shower :)

NateFalcon and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  3. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau I am the liquor

I'm happy because I have a NGD coming next week and it's an ESP.

I am also an idiot, because I do not needed an another guitar and my budget will be tight, but the price was insanely good. I just had to.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  4. NateFalcon

NateFalcon Party’s over

My son turned 18 and moved out!!! :woot:

pondman and The906 like this.
  5. Kaura

Kaura Spicy meme enthusiast

Payday with summer vacation money. Can't wait to go home so I can order a new guitar. :D

The906 likes this.
  6. R34CH

R34CH Counter Culture Bullet Vulture

Finally decided to run my NG2 straight into my interface and through the TSE BOD. Within 2 minutes got (to my ears) 95% of the way to the tone from Jon Stockman's Alpha Omega Goliath playthrough video. Jammed that for a significant portion of last night.

:woot:

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I just bought a ticket to Nummirock (really big midsummer metal festival in the countryside a few hundred km's north from where I live), so now it is set in stone that I'm going :) Will be doing a bit of a roadtrip with a couple of friends, mainly to see Alestorm, which we have been awaiting to come to Finland for like 10 years. Also, Moonsorrow is always a good way to end a night. We're just going for one day though, as we all have family plans for the rest the midsummer. Not really looking forward to driving there and back though, as the guys are sure to be drunk all the way going there and we'll all be really hungover for the return trip :lol:

Metropolis likes this.
  8. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

I'm going to Nummirock too, for three days. It's not really that big with 15 000 participants for one weekend, for example Tuska where I'm also going for two days in next weekend to that has around 30 000 people every year. And that's why Nummirock has it's own intimate country side mood in middle of lakes, forests and fields, which is great.

p0ke likes this.
  9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Still, pretty big for a countryside metal festival I'd say. I like it way more than Tuska, the remote setting with camping and all that makes it feel more relaxed. Not that there's anything wrong with Tuska, I love that too, but IMO Nummirock is better in every way except for the distance.

10. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

I agree to that. They feel almost like two different worlds to me, though Tuska was way more relaxed when it was in Kaisaniemi park.

p0ke likes this.
  11. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yep, true. Back in those days you were even allowed to bring your own drinks as long as they were in plastic bottles.

Metropolis likes this.
  12. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    For one fleeting bit of completely misplaced useless happiness, that has no bearing on the state of the world whatsoever other than to confirm I've written a lot of bollocks on here over the past I really don't know how many years, here is post 10000!

Randy, TedEH and p0ke like this.
  13. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

In an MMA forum I visit, they allow your 10,000th post to be anything you want, even if it breaks the rules.

Andrew Lloyd Webber likes this.
  14. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau I am the liquor

My new guitar is on its way!

AxeHappy likes this.
  15. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Because after 44 years, and 13 years with Ovechkin, the Caps have finally broken the curse and won the Stanley Cup.

AxeHappy likes this.
  16. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

In the last couple weeks I got a decent raise another week of vacation pay. Makes up a little for putting up with mounds of bullshit at this new position I started in January that blows huge chunks of ass but I digress, trying to stay positive.

A-Branger and AxeHappy like this.
  17. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

Two spanish artists (PichiAvo) just finished painting an entire apartment building near my house.
    The result is really good.

w.jpg

18. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Reading crap from Vinnie Vincent fanboys saying shit like:
    "Vinnie was better technically than Randy Rhoads, but then again, so were a lot of 80s players"
    "Vinnie Vincent and Randy Rhoads can certainly be mentioned in the same sentence."
    Has me laughing my ass off. Vinnie is a sloppy footnote. Randy could double and triple track leads like nobodies business, plus his playing says a lot more than Vinnie's ever has. Over the Mountain, for instance, destroys anything Vinnie has ever done on the guitar. For another thing, Randy doesn't have a bad reputation for being a piece of shit, pain in the ass, or for rumors (which are probably true) for speeding up solos to sound faster than they really are.

Vinnie is a fucking joke. Always has been, always will be. I wish KISS had instead picked Richie Sambora, Bruce Kulick, Steve Farris, Adam Bomb, or the slew of other guitarists who tried out over Vinnie.

19. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Super Duper Moduraturr

At present, Vincent’s the better player.

20. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Yeah, by default. He does conventions and at most, just strums on an acoustic. I find it funny when KISS fans act surprised and asking shit like, "Why doesn't he play electric? Why isn't he playing solos?" Maybe because his "skills" are pretty much gone, and he can't. Assuming, of course, that he ever could to begin with. Pretty telling that Protone is releasing a signature pedal for him and they aren't even requiring him to play the damn thing for demos.