Who's Been Drinkin'?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chris, Nov 9, 2006.

1. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

I used to drink a lot from any kind of beers to whiskey, vodka, rum, etc. I was a full-time alcoholic drinking up to 120 ounces of rum almost everyday. I ended up in the hospital for a week last September, 2017 and the withdrawals felt like living hell. Just this past Friday has been 38 weeks since I had a drop of alcohol and I'm feeling much better and stronger these days. I still get temptations for alcohol but I always remember my time in the hospital to keep me in check. Life can be good sober.:)

;>)/

The906, Demiurge, lurè and 3 others like this.
  2. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau I am the liquor

Finally having a day off tomorrow. Drinking a big bottle of 8.5 IPA my local brewery make and blasting some slamming brutal death metal. I realized not so long ago how much I love this genre and being buzzed makes it even better.

3. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

For sure. And if you know you can't limit yourself, then it's obviously better not to drink at all. I'm lucky to possess enough self-discipline to be able to stop when I need to, but I sure as hell would (at least try to) stop drinking all together too if I couldn't. I barely drink at all these days because taking care of kids with a hangover is something I just can't do :lol: But oh well, housewarming party coming up next Saturday, I'm basically planning on passing out in my own lawn :lol:

BlackSG91 likes this.
  4. Kaura

Kaura Spicy meme enthusiast

Got a new guitar today but I'm too drunk to make a NGD thread. Maybe tomorrow. :lol:

5. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I brew too

been doing extracts for 4 years and starting to dabble in grain . doing partial mash and slowly upping the size and getting rid of the extract .

need to get a bigger pot as my current one is maxed out at 3kg grain

ZombieDank likes this.
  6. TVasquez96

TVasquez96 SS.org Regular

Enjoying a 5.5% IPA from a local brewery called Armada Brewing that has lactose, vanilla, and a shit ton of blueberry. It's pretty fucking good

7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yeah, I'm looking into the mashing too and it doesn't seem that hard, it just takes a lot of time compared to using extracts. But then you'd be able to do all kinds of things to it.

Anyway, I tasted my wheat beer yesterday, and I must say it turned out pretty good!

8. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Cool

Once you get your head around it it’s not really allot of time. Basically you just leave the mash for an hour and check it every now and then to make sure it’s holding temp.

9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I was considering what to drink in the weekend and realized I've accumulated quite a bunch of liquor :lol: There's a few bottles less now, as we drank everything to the right of the golden champagne bottle in the middle in the weekend :D That's just four bottles of homemade wine (which I made punch out of) and two sparkling wines, really. Oh and my wife apparently drank the JP Chenet to the left too.

[​IMG]

That + all the beer I've got (around 20 bottles of store bought ones and ~ 10 liters of wheat beer). I don't think I'll be buying any alcohol any time soon :lol:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Leviathus and BlackSG91 like this.
  10. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

11. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Arrogant Bastard Ale.

2nd go round with this stuff and I dig it a lot.

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  12. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I just realized how much less alcohol I can take these days. I got drunk in Tampere with a bunch of friends this weekend, and I only had one bottle of red wine and maybe 10-12 beers (which sounds like pretty much, but I started drinking at 10 in the morning and stopped sometime around 1 in the night, so that makes about 1 beer per hour). But still, I was basically wasted. Not as wasted as my friend, he threw up in the toilet of a bar and me and another friend had to convince the security guys that we're gonna take him home. Which of course we didn't, we just went to the next bar. It looked pretty brutal as he'd been drinking red wine, so the toilet looked as if he'd spewed blood all over it :lol:

13. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

NGD for me so tonight's weapons of choice are Wychwood King Goblin Ale and Leffe Blond Belgian Beer. Both are 6.6% and I highly recommend them. Guitar is going back in the case soon....for it's own safety. ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire despair ahead

Sun Pillar belgian is garbage. Severely overhopped for a belgian. bitter and not in a pleasant way.
    Great Wit North is ok, but still overly hopped compared to real belgian witbiers. has the kind of ester/fruitiness that some hefeweizens get though. slightly bitter aftertaste.
    Summit *aka Scummit* Pils is the worst shit I've ever had besides natural light. WAYYYY too hopped compared to european pils.
    So sick of overly hopped beers.

15. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

I make a lot of cocktails. My thing right now is seeing what I can do with sub-20-dollar-per-bottle ingredients. My current jam is a Manhattan with Old Overholdt rye, and Dolin sweet vermouth. And whatever bitters I feel like trying today.

16. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

I'm in Netherlands and 0,5 liter can of cheap beer costs 49 cents. Also attending our friends wedding today, and they have open bar, so time to get wasted.

LiveOVErdrive likes this.
  17. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time, I feel aliveeee.... So yeah. I will drink tonight. There's a few bands I'm going to see (there's a event in the pub nearby... Northbound Metal Night.) and it means drinking.

18. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Wife has family in town for a baby shower; middle of the day she texted and said she was gonna be going over there, knew I couldn't want to, and picked me up a 12 pack of Arrogant (at 8% each) and some new guitar picks and told me to have fun, she'd see me later tonight.

New Kemper profiles, beer and PUBG on deck.

19. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Been sippin' all afternoon and now there's a flying squirrel in my house!

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot, God!

20. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire despair ahead

I've tried a bunch of murican fest beers, and they all pretty much blow cock compared to paulaner's festbier. The worst one I had was summit's marzen. Way too hoppy and bitter for a marzen, it was more like a west coast ipa with hints of festbier. It's the same issue I've run into with all their non-ipa beers. Their "czech pilsener" is horrendous compared to actual budvar or other good pilseners. Overly hopped and too bitter compared to the real deal.
    Bent Paddle had a good coffee stout, and their bent hop IPA was actually really nice and mellow for an IPA. It didn't have excessive bitterness with the hoppiness, it was just hoppy but still drinkable. Their roof rack lager was dogshit though. Way too much west coast IPA influence for a lager imo.

TLDR: most regional beers are shit