Who's Been Drinkin'?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chris, Nov 9, 2006.

1. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

I used to drink a lot from any kind of beers to whiskey, vodka, rum, etc. I was a full-time alcoholic drinking up to 120 ounces of rum almost everyday. I ended up in the hospital for a week last September, 2017 and the withdrawals felt like living hell. Just this past Friday has been 38 weeks since I had a drop of alcohol and I'm feeling much better and stronger these days. I still get temptations for alcohol but I always remember my time in the hospital to keep me in check. Life can be good sober.:)

;>)/

lurè, Manurack, p0ke and 1 other person like this.
  2. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau SS.org Regular

Finally having a day off tomorrow. Drinking a big bottle of 8.5 IPA my local brewery make and blasting some slamming brutal death metal. I realized not so long ago how much I love this genre and being buzzed makes it even better.

3. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

For sure. And if you know you can't limit yourself, then it's obviously better not to drink at all. I'm lucky to possess enough self-discipline to be able to stop when I need to, but I sure as hell would (at least try to) stop drinking all together too if I couldn't. I barely drink at all these days because taking care of kids with a hangover is something I just can't do :lol: But oh well, housewarming party coming up next Saturday, I'm basically planning on passing out in my own lawn :lol:

BlackSG91 likes this.
  4. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

Got a new guitar today but I'm too drunk to make a NGD thread. Maybe tomorrow. :lol:

5. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I brew too

been doing extracts for 4 years and starting to dabble in grain . doing partial mash and slowly upping the size and getting rid of the extract .

need to get a bigger pot as my current one is maxed out at 3kg grain

ZombieDank likes this.
  6. TVasquez96

TVasquez96 SS.org Regular

Enjoying a 5.5% IPA from a local brewery called Armada Brewing that has lactose, vanilla, and a shit ton of blueberry. It's pretty fucking good

7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yeah, I'm looking into the mashing too and it doesn't seem that hard, it just takes a lot of time compared to using extracts. But then you'd be able to do all kinds of things to it.

Anyway, I tasted my wheat beer yesterday, and I must say it turned out pretty good!

8. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Cool

Once you get your head around it it’s not really allot of time. Basically you just leave the mash for an hour and check it every now and then to make sure it’s holding temp.

9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I was considering what to drink in the weekend and realized I've accumulated quite a bunch of liquor :lol: There's a few bottles less now, as we drank everything to the right of the golden champagne bottle in the middle in the weekend :D That's just four bottles of homemade wine (which I made punch out of) and two sparkling wines, really. Oh and my wife apparently drank the JP Chenet to the left too.

[​IMG]

That + all the beer I've got (around 20 bottles of store bought ones and ~ 10 liters of wheat beer). I don't think I'll be buying any alcohol any time soon :lol:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Leviathus and BlackSG91 like this.