Where can I get a spec sheet on a Ibanez LACS?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Geetarguy, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

To be fair, exclusivity will play a part in the value. This isn't an RG7620, it's a LACS.

cwhitey2 and Geetarguy like this.
  2. Geetarguy

Geetarguy SS.org Regular

It plays like a dream and is probly the best condition guitar I own other than my RG1527M which was clearly a case queen. It has no visable chips, cracks or wear marks and the tremolo is spotless and looks fabulous. I am kicking around swapping pups to passives though. It has EMG 707 in the neck (Silver logo) and a EMG 81-7 in the bridge (Gold logo).

3. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Emmure is the band someone covered on a hockey stick, right?

If it's an original PWH and no a reissue, I'd pass. Hard.

aesthyrian, StevenC and nikt like this.
  4. GuitarBizarre

GuitarBizarre Listen to physics.

Ehhh, I suppose a little, but only to a very niche group of people - those who genuinely believe LACS guitars are significantly better than any other Ibanez short of a J-Custom. That's a small group, and even to them, this guitar is not special - it's just a workhorse 7 string with two EMGs in it that probably plays great but it has no standout features over a million other guitars on the planet.

OP seems to really, really want Jesse's association to this guitar, and it's LACS status, to make it more valuable, and it just doesn't. OP needs to treat this guitar's value as being determined by build quality alone and maybe factor in that the right buyer might pay a premium for LACS. But even here, there aren't so many of those buyers, and most people would pay what they feel was appropriate for the build quality and features, not giving a single solitary fuck about the previous owners or LACS status.

5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Just because you don't find added value, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

People get sentimental about guitars, much as they do with other objects of hobby.

While the LACS buyers aren't necessarily large in number, they've been able to keep the price of LACS guitars fairly high by sheer force of market.

Geetarguy likes this.
  6. Geetarguy

Geetarguy SS.org Regular

I got this guitar because I love the color and it plays insanely well, and its a LACS in perfect condition I kid you not. I am actually not a Emmure fan at all but respect what they have contributed to the music community and it was just a wicked awsome prototype in theLA Custom shop before he owned it. Im happy with it, but as far as 7 string LACS go, ive only ever seen a handful go up for sale. (Korns, Dinos, & Ryan Shuck off the top of my head) So essentially even if it doesnt appeal to the masses im sure its still worth more than a production model. Im not sold on the EMGs, but thats because I prefer PAF pups Im just not knowledgable on LACS and was trying to look at it from all angles.

pecado and AkiraSpectrum like this.