What's the story with Troy Grady?

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by Stilicho, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Yeah. I say give it more time. Most of guitar playing is muscle memory, and if your muscles have zero memory of something, then you're more likely to feel like a toddler trying to walk.

2. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

I naturally upward pickslant, and when I do things that would be better suited to downward pickslanting I find myself switching to something akin to Martin Miller's crosspicking approach to 1nps alternate picked arpeggios (though, for any number of notes for string). I find downward pickslanting to be strange feeling to do on a consistent basis, but it probably creeps into my playing especially when playing things that require 2wps (3nps runs, for example).

My 2c. If you've been playing for a long time you're better off getting better at the solutions you've used to play certain patterns than specifically trying to learn specific pickslanting techniques for certain sorts of licks. Barring doing anything that's going to hold you back (like pick slanting the wrong way, etc.). That's just my opinion though, and I'm hardly the best alternate picker in the world.

3. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

You mostly upward pickslant? Weird.