Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Walterson, Mar 5, 2013.
Tried acrylic flow painting. Think I'm feeling a UV build in the future...
Ah haaaaa..... new technique noted!
Yep, that's the only way to do it. You really have to plan ahead with that one!
That looks fucking rad! I might try this in red white and black some time.
With the right colors you could make this to look like the surface of Jupiter...
I want to get that second one perfected and do a black hardware 90s color vomit shredder.
I made a video demo of brushing epoxy onto dyed figured maple. Experimenting for future builds.
My two most recent builds. The one on the right just got strung up for the first time today, I'll be putting together the electronics soon and it'll be finished. So far it plays great though, neck feels good, no buzz, action is fast and smooth. Very happy with it so far, It's my best build to date, 5th fully scratch built guitar that I've done all the way to the finish.
Below that is the next two up to bat. An 8 string version of my Pigeon Destroyer shape and a Rhoads inspired pointy thing.
I did not post anything for a very long time, but finally I have something to show you. This project is almost done (stain and oil are the things that are left to do), so there will be a thread about it later.
Well. That neck joint looks stable.
Yeah... I did the best I could
Later you will see why there is a need for such neck joint elongation.
Color me intrigued.
Wow, everyone here takes such good photographs! I'd like to take a photo of what's on my workbench this weekend, but my cheapo phone camera and my general suckage at taking photos would make the photo an insult to everyone except for guys who are into paranormal stuff.
The main purpose of this thread is just sharing what you're up to. See something new, learn something new, get advice and so on...
In short: give us that paranormal stuff!
Playing with some UV pigment/CA/Ink pen tubes to create some 3-2 mm side dots (i did a few more with different tubes after i took these pics)
Still need to scrape back and polish the CA to see how they go but atm this will be far far far cheaper that buying LI's
Man those acrylic pore effects are sick,last time i check out the YT videos for those effects i lost like 3 hours of my life lol,Would be great to see some of those on an 80's style super strat
getting my basement workshop set up. heres what i got so far
i'm really going to try and limit the dust so i got a dustboot for the cnc machine
not pictured is a 1200 cfm dust collector. should hopefully help in dust production
I agree! They're actually surprisingly easy to do. And I was just using cheap latex enamel from menards/home depot + floetrol. Cheap and easy.
One big problem is that so far they come out pretty thick, which means soft. Gonna have to see if an epoxy clear coat is enough to protect it, but I kind of doubt it. Hard over soft isn't a great idea I understand.
Maybe if I pour multicolored epoxy...