What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Still more caps... tweaking the voicing on The Old One and have a bunch of NOS MKT1813s inbound for my next build as well.

Kyle Jordan and DudeManBrother like this.
  2. soldierkahn

soldierkahn BAD MAMMA-JAMMA Contributor

My current game plan got recently changed and Im excited about that. Been trying to find the perfect 6 string for the longest time and now that Ive finally got one (Ibanez RG970XL), next on the list is to get a second one. I have the one I have now with Seymour Duncan EMTYs in it, so when I get the second one, I want to put some Fishmans in it to compare them. Havent heard much of Fishmans being used in basswood so Im not sure how it will go, but even if i dont dig the Fluences, those EMTYs still keep me happy.

Once Ive got my two 970XLs, next on the list is to grab an old Line 6 Spider Valve MKII (i LOVED my MK1 when I had it!) half stack with an oversized Mesa 4x12 cab. Once thats here, last on my list is to pickup an Ibanez RG1077XL. I cant explain it, i dont know how to describe it, but i just feel "at home and comfy* with the 27" scale. Dont get me wrong, 26.5" has its usefulness, just not enough tension or clarity to wanna choose it over 27". And for some reason, Im always surprised by the tone of basswood mixed with extended scales. The 1077XL i had with 707s sounded so much better than my 7620 with 707s. It almost sounded like the 7620 was more "muddy" toned than the 1077XL. I didnt know if the same was going to be true in the six string realm as I hadnt had a chance to try one yet, but I got my first 970XL about 2 weeks ago. I compared its tone with the tone coming from my RG2610 (basswood 6 with just a bridge pup) with the same pickups in it, and that extra scale just adds so much more character and clarity to the tone.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  3. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Fortin NTS when it comes out. Thought about getting it on presale but I'll wait for the demo and pay a bit more just in case. If I can match it to 90% of the tones I've been using lately, the Thrasher is looking like it'll get sold.

Had to cancel my Ormsby orders due to circumstances outside of my control, but I think I'll look at picking up one next year. Have really thinned the heard lately, I'll be down to 4 guitars for the first time in a looooooong time shortly.

Kyle Jordan likes this.
  4. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Isn't this everyone's agenda? :lol:

5. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Ugh... went and bought a Laney 2x12 and a Harley Benton GPA-400 power amp. Next time when I'm trying to go FRFR there will be some serious money put into it, because cheaper stuff just doesn't cut it. Laney LFR-112 was just too boomy and lacked headroom.

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Got a TC Mimiq and a set of EMG Bonebreakers to try out.

AirForbes1 likes this.
  7. HeHasTheJazzHands

Welp. I'm a baaad bad man

s-l400.jpg s-l400 (1).jpg

8. BTrip

BTrip SS.org Regular

Thinking about getting a Lionheart guitar, any opinions?

9. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire pickupwhoricus americanus

i've heard mixed reviews about em. for the $$ they seem to be going for there are other builders that are more proven that you should look into (carillion, waghorn, daemoness, nik huber, ran, skerv, mayones, etc).

LeviathanKiller and BTrip like this.
  10. HeHasTheJazzHands

11. KnightBrolaire

paging @USMarine75

12. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

Another XR18 and a Helix LT. Sick of dragging gear back and forth between rehearsal spots.

13. HeHasTheJazzHands

[​IMG]

I got rid of a lot of gear and later regret it. Ditching my Helix was the most regretful.

GunpointMetal likes this.
  14. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

I'm usually pretty minimal, but I have my Helix Floor mounted on a board/case with my wireless and my other band practices 40 minutes away, and I also can't really jump around in that band, so the wireless is kinda pointless so I'm gonna grab the LT as a second rig/backup. That other band is currently using a Presonus Interface for our backing tracks/IEM/DI mixer and though its in great functional order, its getting old, and the XR18 with a modem is so freaking simple and I can put the monitor app on my drummer and bassists phones and they can dial their IEM however they want instead of asking me to do it. Basically, I'm buying more gear to be lazier, lol.

15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Just found out that Squier is doing a line of contemporary active Jazzmasters, one in graphite (and the other in surf pearl) which looks like a middle ground between the JM Jazzmaster and a traditional JM. Not that terribly priced either ($399 new), so honestly, since I'm in need of a new guitar for standard tuning, I'd probably just throw in on my CC and pay it off in a few months.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...porary-active-jazzmaster-hh-graphite-metallic

JD27 likes this.
  16. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Kind of dig that surf green model, not so much the MIC aspect through.

17. KnightBrolaire

I was also looking at grabbing one of the contemporary squiers. I realllllly want the candy red tele.
    [​IMG]

18. HeHasTheJazzHands

If the Floyd in the LTD I'm getting is shot, I'm gonna be replacing it with a Schaller or Gotoh Floyd Rose. It looks like a cheap licensed FR, so I'm not expecting the best. Also gonna probably get a Tremel-no because I plan on tuning it down to both standard and drop D, but I also want it to be fully floating when needed.

19. silverabyss

silverabyss

Kind of slowpoked but the rest of the mooer minis are revealed for real

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  20. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Well, Black Friday sucked imo
    I didn't find any good deals I was interested enough that I couldn't talk myself out of them

HOWEVER...
    This week has been different
    • I bought a third Hercules 5-guitar rack for only $52 on Amazon. It's up to $70 now but that is still a good price reallly since I paid $80 for an open-box one and $100 for a new one in the past year or so.
    • Snagged the Fishman Fluence Tosin Abasi 7-string set finally after much much much much talking about it over and over again in the FF thread :lol:
    • Picked up a Revv G3 thinking it was usable as a standalone preamp. I was wrong. So it's getting returned BUT...
    • I have purchased a Mooer Preamp Live which is on its way! Hoping this will be the start of a nice portable rig that goes in my guitar case / gig bag for traveling
    • I grabbed some much needed lemon oil to give my winter weathered guitars some TLC
    • Got some Music Nomad tools (the Octopus and the cleaning brush thing (was going to use a paint brush but said screw it))
    • Bought some wrist braces :( With work and guitar my wrist have been very fatigued lately. Gonna wear these to bed because I bend my wrists while sleeping sometimes which doesn't help my situation. I don't want to get so bad that I can't play guitar.
    • AND THE MOST EXCITING PURCHASE... a Ground Fault Receptacle Tester & Circuit Analyzer :lol:

M3CHK1LLA likes this.