What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Seeing as the Invective seems to be having all kinds of problems with delays/ production/ everything I found a 5150 III 100W for a quarter of the price. That'll do I guess as I just haven't been loving my triple recto :lol:

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Caved in and bought a Fishman Fluence modern set. My Aria V is having some serious noise issues, and I decided I want a set of actives for it. Instead of my usual go-to EMGs, thought I'd give the Fishmans a try.

Shask, technomancer and Jake like this.
  3. Aso

Aso EDM Sludge Music Contributor

Looks like I'm getting another Masterbuilt Jackson but in a shape they don't normally allow. Really wasn't anymore guitar purchases but since we've been trying for three years to get them to build one I can't really pass up the chance.

feraledge and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  4. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Enjoy your new Vinnie Vincent V.

Aso likes this.
  5. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

Those sound cool. I really thought about something like the TC IP, but since I have that RC clone (Caline Highway Man), not sure if I wanted another pedal similar to that. I REALLY want that BYOC Parametric Overdrive. I will get it eventually, but my wife said I can only get kits that can be ordered painted for the holidays so she don't hear me b|tching about painting it all winter, lol. I may get a Swede or Green Pony to build over the holiday. I got the HM300 also, and I don't notice any oscillations (all knobs but volume cranked, volume about noon), but I am also not exactly sure how to use it for my sound, lol. I seem lost without some sort of tubescreamer.

That is funny because I got a wooden shelf, and a metal rack, and mail ordered some amp feet so that I can build some little pedalboard shelves that sit on top of my amp. I wanted more space than what I can fit on top of my amp because I hate having pedalboards on the ground during experimentation.

I was looking at MadBean the other day. What is hard for me is I have gotten to the point where I have a ton of pedals, so if I build something, I want it to be unique. I hate to build a rat clone or something, when I can buy a Chinese copy for $25.

technomancer likes this.
  6. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I was looking at those the other day also. They seem pretty cool. I think if I had a guitar I wanted to put actives in, I would think about getting a set. Although, I did remember I forgot I have a 81/85 set somewhere in my closet, lol.

7. HeHasTheJazzHands

Yeah I was close to getting an 81/60 set, but I found a Bstock set of Fluences. If I end up liking the Moderns I wanna try the Classics in another guitar.

8. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

More One Control pedals.... first experience with one has been fantastic so far!

I also finally have an AMT Du Hast on the way to complete my collection of 'vintage' ex-ICBM making Russian guitar pedals. Because idle Russian hands make great guitar pedals...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Moltar

Moltar SS.org Regular

I have been using a One Control blender pedal for a while now and its great. Super small too, cool company, I don't see anyone else making such a small blender pedal.

USMarine75 likes this.
  10. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

For what it's worth, the integrated preamp is a lot different from the RC booster. The specs make it look very similar but the Integrated preamp can cut/boost a lot more, has more volume on tap, and is cleaner, where the RC breaks up a lot sooner, as far as transparent boosters with an EQ go, I much prefer the TC Preamp or my byoc fet preamp clone. The RC is pretty tubby sounding compared to both of those. The fet preamp is maybe the least clean, but it's breakup is the most pleasing sounding.

I actually haven't had a problem painting enclosures. I've painted two now, one black and one white, and it went fine, to my surprise. I just sanded the enclosure smooth with some 320 grit sandpaper, rinsed it with water and dried it, then immediately put a very thin coat of spray paint on it. It took about 5 or 6 thin coats, like 10 minutes for each coat to dry.

It may well not be a very robust finish, but I'm not gigging with these pedals so they ought to survive well enough in my bedroom.

I get what you mean about building cheap clones, but luckily for me I still don't have many pedals. I'm sure I'll get to that point though, where I have too many, not sure what I'll do at that point. But I do really enjoy making stuff, so far. So that is half the fun for me.

technomancer likes this.
  11. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I think if I buy something in that style, it would probably be the BYOC FET Boost. I wonder how that TC IP compares with that old TC Elec Line Driver and Boost than Scott Ian was famous for using.

You know, usually the primer and painting phases went pretty well. Usually everything went to hell when I started putting the clear coat over the paint. I started having much better luck when I switched from Rustoleum Enamel paint to Krylon quick drying acrylic. I think next time will go much better.

I enjoy building things, and learning how they work (I do have a degree in electronics), so I am always fascinated with the design. I just hate to spend time and money on things I wont use.

technomancer and mnemonic like this.
  12. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

I think the line driver feature on the BLD is the same as the integrated preamp, though I've never used a BLD so i can't say for sure. Just what I have read.

I do have the schematic, manual, and service manual if you'd like it.

Shask and technomancer like this.
  13. HeHasTheJazzHands

Told myself after I bought the Fluence Modern set I'd wait before I buy something else. Cuz if I like the Moderns, I'm getting the Classics.

I lied. :lol:

Found an MXR EVH117 for a good deal. I like my M117R, but I want the extra versatility of the EVH.

14. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 9:05 AM
  15. narad

narad SS.org Regular

^^ Oh hell yea

technomancer likes this.
  16. HeHasTheJazzHands

Fuck it, added a set of Fishman Classics to that, to go into my PRS SE Tremonti. :lol:

17. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Diezel vh4-2 pedal that ive got my eye on or get my tech to install my bkp c-pig bridge and bkp aftermath neck.