What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Doom doomy doom

black hipshot bridge/tuners for my gold sparkle build

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

No, I mean the stock pickup. :lol: Was an overwound PAF that sounded pretty good but wasn't as tight as I wanted. So I got the DD to replace it.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  3. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Won an AMT R2 on eBay and it arrived today. Sounds really good I'm kinda blown away how good it sounds into my 2/50/2 > Zilla 2x12.

It holds its own against the recto models in my axe fx II, with an overdrive and EQ pedal it would be a legit rig.

4. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

Cool that it sounds great. One of these days I will finally check out a P2 or R2, lol. I am really curious about them. Do you find them overly smooth, or more aggressive?

I got a Caline English Man today. It is a legit chunky mid-gain Marshall sounding pedal.

5. HeHasTheJazzHands

Im curious about the R2 as well. I got some variety with the Theta and R2, but since I had to sell my Triple Recto ( :()I'd like to try the R2 to hold me off.

6. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

The R2 gets pretty aggressive especially with a boost, so no issues with it being overly smooth.

It has a ton of bottom end and gain on tap. Definatley more gain than the axe fx recto models.

Shask likes this.
  7. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Ohhh. Okay, that makes more sense. I was like "Jesus, I understand a tight tone can be great for some things, but how fucking tight do you need it? A DD is about as tight as you need it before it gets obnoxious and stale."

8. Spaced Out Ace

With the EQ after the R2, I'd dial it in like a Mark series amp. More mids and less bass from the preamp, then more bass and treble from the EQ pedal. May not even need the overdrive to boost the tone.

9. HeHasTheJazzHands

:rofl:

Yeah, even I dialed back how tight I get my tones. :lol: But I still like having a tight, bright pickup. But since I don't want to fuck with the electronics too much in this guitar, I'll keep it passive. And even might go passive in my other V as well.

10. Spaced Out Ace

Cool. I like a tight tone now and then, while other times I want to be able to have a broader, husky tone.

11. getowned7474

getowned7474 Neck_Pro Contributor

Been wanting to try out some new Overdrive and boosts/eq on the cheap (I usually build my own pedals with veroboard or perfboard) but don't have a ton of spare time with a heavy course load at college. I decided to compromise and buy a few PCB's from Aion electronics so I can make a couple quick and clean builds since it's faster than vero or perf. I went with the Klon circuit which I'm adding a rotary switch for input capacitors like on the EQD Palisades. I also got the BBE sonic stomp circuit, which seems super cool. It has switches to shift the frequency ranges as well as a midrange control. It might make for a solid clean boost with the different frequency options to tailor the sound.

Right now the plan is to use the Klone with what is essentially a tight/bass control as my main boost and then use the Lumin (sonic stomp) to beef up my strat tone when I need it.

12. HeHasTheJazzHands

I do agree, which is why I like the pickup in the V. Honestly, even with my Theta, I'm getting a VERY convincing Van Halen-esque brown sound. Got a very fat low end that stays tight, and a VERY searing, bright top end.

Definitely gonna keep the pickup. Probably gonna put it in my Tremonti SE because of the trem and sell the Tremonti pickup.

13. Spaced Out Ace

Nice. I have a few things to get a nice Plexi/800 style crunch.

14. MoonJelly

MoonJelly brainless and deadly Contributor

Better go Full Shred :hbang:

15. purpledc

purpledc Proud blacksheep

I would like to get a more versatile overdrive. Something that nails the TS808 but can do other things as well. I also need to get some type of rail single coil to replace the true velvet. I just need odds and ends these days to tweak the gear that will hopefully last me a long time. I do also want to buy an older Ibanez prestige RG.

16. HeHasTheJazzHands

Reminds me... Need to get that Ramble Drive or BE-OD.

17. Spaced Out Ace

The Golden Brownie by XVIVE sounds really fucking awesome. Different than either, but sounds awesome nonetheless. Though, if you mean as a preamp, I don't think either are meant for that.

Here's a demo from someone I message from time to time, and he's super cool. He also does a bunch of Lynch lessons on YouTube that I enjoy watching. I'm sure you guys will think he's cringy or whatever, but I don't really care. He's awesome as far as I am concerned.

18. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I have gotten to the point where I like chunky tones instead of super tight. Something like a Duncan Custom into a Tubescreamer, into a Recto. It still has the sharp pick attack, but still loads of chunky bottom.

I did finally order a HM300 :lol: I also ordered a second Caline Orange Burst. The original is kind of dark and smooth, so I wanna play with the circuit to make it bright, clanky, and aggressive.

19. oniduder

oniduder HONKEY DONKEY

i think i'm going to finally pull trigger on a Tapp amp, suck it mofos,

20. HeHasTheJazzHands

Next purchase is probably going to be my guitar being fixed. :lol:

My Epi Goth V's trem route needs to be re-drilled.