What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

Man I've enjoyed this game so much, I've loved the DMC series and I didn't mind the reboot so much but still preferred this series. Cannot wait for Bloody Palace either, I sunk so many hours into DMC4s one.

Crash Dandicoot likes this.
  2. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Deleted apex legends. Too slow to start for me. and most of the hardcore players you get teamed up with with are dickheads.

Anquished likes this.
  3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

wankerness likes this.
  4. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Yeah, they're going on with a new guy who's already playable in the Yakuza Online phone game. It's got a rather 'interesting' trailer:

He's essentially Ken Masters to Kiryu's Ryu, right down to the red suit and more colorful persona. Unlike Judge Eyes, this is more directly related to the usual Yakuza plot as he's part of the Tojo Clan and gets to interact with the series regulars.

For RGG studios to publicise auditions for the female lead will mean it'll be played by a high profile actress (in Japan) getting full mocap and all.

wankerness likes this.
  5. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

That’s great and all...now where are 3-5?!?!?!

6. Bloody_Inferno

God knows when those are coming out in the West. 3 and 4 been in Japan for a while, and 5's not far off for release. They're all getting global releases no doubt (that's the whole reason why they'd remaster the 3 games), but Sega are tight lipped about it. There's a possibility of them being released as a bundle, but that's blind speculation.

And on a separate note:

So far every review I've seen of Left Alive has been terrible. Not surprised in the slightest but I got rather concerned with this only because the game was considered part of the Front Mission series. I'm one of those mutants that loved the Front Mission games for their micromanaging mundanity, but Square Enix have been sweeping that series under the rug since 2005 along with the occasional in between tripe like Gun Hazard and Evolved (despite the former having an amazing soundtrack with the awesome foursome of JRPG OSTs, both I still hold grudges to :lol:). If they're going to put a game as a quasi-franchise revival tie in, at least make it good. Sadly another dump stain in the already overlooked series. I guess that's another bullet dodged.

7. Ralyks

If Yakuza 3 - 5 are remasters instead of remakes, then yeah, I think a bundle makes sense. I have to imagine they'd come outside of Japan though, with the new found popularity the game has found (at least here in the states), and that big ol' gap sitting between Kiwami 2 and 6...

Granted, I got 4 and 5 on PS3 when they were free at different times and I could always eBay a copy of 3, but... Wanna do it right you know :lol:

8. wankerness

I downloaded the reddit app specifically so I could follow the Yakuza channel and look at it every week or two to see if there's any news regarding a western release of 3-5. 90% of it is Majima fan art and screenshots of the PC versions with models swapped out for hilarity. :(

StevenC and Mathemagician like this.
  9. Bloody_Inferno

wankerness and Ralyks like this.
  10. Ralyks

More Persona 5?!? Huzzaahhhh!!!!
    Going to guess this takes place concurrently with the original game.

Bloody_Inferno likes this.
  11. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Saving my game juice for Sekiro though I don’t know if I’ll even have time to play it the next few months.

12. Zenki_Kouki

Zenki_Kouki still can't play

Devil May Cry 5 was such a satisfying play-through. They cleared up the story and addressed pretty much all the fan questions and they dropped some serious story bombs that had me like "DUUUUUUUUDE" while playing.

Also, just beat the main story of Horizon Zero Dawn (another phenomenal game), and I'm gonna start the Frozen Wildlands expansion when I have time. After that I think I'll start The Witcher 3, Ace Combat 7 and Sekiro.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Anquished likes this.
  13. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I downloaded Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, as its on Games with Gold, and uh... Boy, MGS can't catch a break with its spin offs can it? This is pretty much a joke in terms of what you need to do, just spamming X during none boss battles, and during boss battles, you lock in to Blade Mode and spam X AND Y! I wasn't expecting it to be reinventing the action genre in an MGS suit, but more than that would've been nice.

It makes me feel bad for anyone who paid for it back when it came out

Guess this gives me the incentive to pick up DMC5 and Sekiro now, as I've been wanting something action-y, and Revengeance just failed to scratch that itch.

14. Ralyks

I rented We Happy Few. I know it got crap reviews, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway, with it's 1960's almost Bioshock vibe. Well... It definitely feels like they rushed this one out the door. Maybe I'll pick it up if it goes down to 10 - 20 bucks. The story seemed ok enough.

15. wankerness

That game got good reviews! I've been meaning to play it for a while. Surprised you hated it. Did you have it on easy mode or something?

16. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Hate's a strong word in this sense, it's more just like when a band releases something that's so distinctly NOT them, but it's got their name on it so you think they had a hand in it, and you're left going "What the fuck is this?" Metal Gear was the defining stealth genre game, and there's few games that hold a candle to the experience that was Metal Gear Solid and how self-aware it was as a medium and with it's details: the Psycho Mantis save file check, or literally having to abandon Sniper Wolf's fight to go BACKWARDS for Diazapam just so you COULD fight. Even SOP/Snake Eater/MGS4 still felt like they existed in the same world and were a continuation around Snake and the FOXHOUND stories, but Revengeance's world just feels different, less grounded and more action/anime-esque (the first boss fight is against a Metal Gear Ray, which you naturally slice ALL the way through, like you would with a sword).

Maybe I have to get further than where I currently am, but it's not what I was expecting it to be, especially now reading the reviews.

17. wankerness

Oh, yeah, it absolutely was reviewed as an action/ninja/anime kind of thing instead of a standard metal gear game. I could see the shock. I don't know enough about it to know if they should have even kept the license on it or if it's essentially an unrelated game with the name on it to try to sell copies (like the terrible base defense game from a year or two ago).

18. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I've had MGS:Revengeance in my Steam library for a while now when I got it on sale but haven't booted it up yet. Looks like it'll be a fun hack-n-slash though. I just remember the trailer for it before it released and it had me laughing at how over the top cheesy it was. "REVENGE..... VENGEANCE..... REVENGEANCE" :lol:

19. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I really liked Revengance. Obviously not meant to be a stealth game or anything like the MGS games, but a lot of hack and slash fun. It's Platinum after all, so it's exactly that type of game and certainly benefits from higher difficulties. Not as good as Bayonetta, though.

I agree that the world feels different, but you have to remember in the story it's all post Snakes and post Patriots, so the rapid technology advancement fits well enough. And Raiden has been the guy with the sword for a long time. It's pretty jarring if you only played MGS and MGS3, but otherwise I find it pretty much in the same vein as the rest of Metal Gear.

20. Ralyks

I didn't finish it, but I enjoyed what I played of Revengeance. And maybe now I have the PS3 setup in the bedroom, think I may go revisit that one soon.