What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

I'll believe it when I see gameplay. The only vampire game that looks like it might give masquerade a run for its money storywise is Vampyr, which actually looks pretty cool.
    It's definitely an old school kind of game with the difficulty being the way it is, but for me it's one of the few games to nail that zelda/dark souls in 2d vibe plus I love the art style. If Narad was into shovel knight then he'd probably like hyper light drifter.

ZombieLloyd likes this.
  2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Yeh, full points to that game for the art style. I'll give it that.

3. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

Not even the website is fully set up yet so I don't expect any gameplay for a while. I've never actually played Vampire: The Masquerade, is it worth picking up still?

4. KnightBrolaire

it's dated visually and it's a little difficult to get running but the storylines are excellent. One of my favorite RPGs next to the witcher series.

ZombieLloyd likes this.
  5. ZombieLloyd

Well, I don't care for graphics all that much, as long as the gameplay is good. I'll play it as soon as I can.

6. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

Got back into playing The Surge again, and having a pretty good time.

7. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

Got sniper elite 3 for cheap and played it through in about 3 days. The xray slowdowns got boring after a while and there was some annoying things in it as well... Like you absolutely can't walk or crawl through some certain 1,5m*1,5m sized holes and as a very good example there was a 5cm high stack of sheet metal on the last mission that you couldn't walk on, no matter how I tried. You couldn' even climb it, unlike the 1m high stack of sheet metal in front of it. Bizarre.

Also the title implicates that the guy is good at shooting, but hell... His equipment sucked, there wasn't any real long distances (when I was in the army we didn't even shoot distances shorter than 150m with our freaking assault rifles and this guy takes a lee enfield with a scope and has to aim quite high when targetting a guy at 150 meters...), I mean what is this guy shooting, an airsoft rifle or what?

Is the SE4 any better?

Rosal76 likes this.
  8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Also got a used Vita so more Persona 4 Golden. Really need to go finish Persona 5. 70 hours in, I need to see that game through...

9. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Hey Jarmake. My opinion on the Sniper Elite 4 will be very biased because I'm a huge fan of the game already and having played/love all of the SE games. If you are a fan of long range shooting and stealth, Sniper Elite 4 will provide you with both. It just depends on how you play and what you want. Concerning long range kill shots, there are plenty of those in SE4. According to Rebellion, the smallest map in SE4 is bigger than the biggest map in SE3. Last night, I made a 533 meters/582 yard long kill shot and it was f__king hard!!! I played it on Authentic Plus which has no aiming assistance at all and you must compensate for gravity and wind. The developers made it a little easier as you can adjust the scope for gravity up to 500 meters. Since the enemy was at 533 meters, obviously I had to aim a little higher. Believe me, it's easier said than done. When the enemy is smaller than the crosshairs, it can be very difficult to hit him. And the slightest wind does not help at all at extreme distances.

Also, some gamers will claim that the game is too easy and they beat it in 2-3 days. I guarantee you that they did not beat the game on Authentic Plus without manual saves by themselves, in 2-3 days. The game is easier to beat if you manual save because you can die 50 times and be back where you saved. There is a trophy called, "Better than the Best" which requires you to beat the game without manual saves and trust me, it is freaking hard. If you don't care about trophies, then it shouldn't be a problem. I got the trophy a month ago short of me smashing my controller. Anyways, if you have any other questions about the game, I'll be more than happy to answer them as best that I can. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  10. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

Nice to know that the maps are bigger. The map sizes and distances were the worst thing about se3.

Have they done anything about those stupid collision issues, where you can't crawl through holes you should be able to crawl through and so on?

11. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Unfortunately, there are a couple of areas in the maps that still have those problems. The areas that I found are:

Not being able to walk between 2 trees and 2 chairs which clearly, there is enough room for the character to fit through.

Being able to jump over walls, climb up on crates and tables but can't jump over/climb certain ammo boxes and wine barrels which visually, should not be a problem. Really weird.

There are probably more areas in the game that I just haven't found yet.

12. Siggevaio

Siggevaio SS.org Regular

I've been playing Final Fantasy IX since it was released again on the PS4. I haven't played it for a long time so I've been having a lot of fun.

Mathemagician likes this.
  13. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Fortnite Battle Royale.

Don’t have PUBG for PS4 yet, this will have to do. Rough going in the beginning tho. Get a bunch of weapons and start with the building and blam you’re dead.

14. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Cuphead!

I wish they'd been able to do stuff like this about 30 years ago. So much fun.

15. Repner

Repner SS.org Regular

Depends on which one. Redemption is more of a point and click RPG. Bloodlines is more first person, that I've been dying to get back into.

16. KnightBrolaire

Little Nightmares. Kind of frustrating at times since you have to figure out the best way to do some stuff through trial and error. The fucking janitor chase was so annoying.

17. oppgulp

oppgulp SS.org Regular

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 - probably one of my favorite games of all time.

18. ZombieLloyd

Bloodlines is the one I was talking about. I couldn't get it to work after trying it for a week, it kept crashing my PC once I'd pressed the play button on Steam. I got refunded today and I'll just use the money to buy a game for my girlfriend instead.

19. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I’ve been playing this as well and it’s great going back (and the HD facelift makes me notice things I didn’t notice playing back on PSone), but am I the only one that feels the PS4 version gets, I don’t know, laggy at times?

20. Siggevaio

Siggevaio SS.org Regular

During normal scenes and gameplay it flows just fine, but during battles and the world map the lag is TERRIBLE (at least the map, battles are just slow). I usually turn on x3 the speed (pause and press L1 or R1) during those moments, then it flows nicely again.