What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Man I know it's never gonna happen but Infamous totally reminds me of Prototype for some reason and I want a new one.

They said they're never gonna do another one. :noplease:

2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I tried one of the Just Cause games a while back and it was.... I dunno, not my kind of game I think. Fun it it's own way maybe, but didn't feel like there was much substance to it.

3. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

I'm surprised no one mentioned Destiny 2. I'm enjoying it. I after played destiny in over a year but this one is refreshing

4. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

I'm surprised no one mentioned Destiny 2. I'm enjoying it. I after played destiny in over a year but this one is refreshing

5. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. I'm wondering why Mario has a Mega Buster and why I am enjoying it so much.

Also grabbed a steel book edition of Yakuza Kiwami. And since I have an Xbox One X on preorder, and GameStop is running a sale of a list of used games that are 4 for $30, I grabbed the Gears of War Ultimate Edition/Rare Replay combo pack, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct Combo Pack, and Battleborn. So I'm ready for launch day... that said, I'm probably going to return Battleborn along with my bunch of $5 GameStop coupons and put it all towards my Xbox One X preorder.

By the way, it's been years since I had my Xbox 360, but I'm pretty sure my gamer tag still exists. If I reactivate it on my One X, will I get all the games I bought digitally back then if they are backwards compatible?

StevenC likes this.
  6. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Yes you will. In the games and apps application you'll see them listed as ready to install I believe.

7. Pav

Pav ???

I am trying in vain to wait patiently for the PC release. Me and six others in our Discord server are all ready to go on 10/24. I played the beta and loved it, it felt like they made the necessary tweaks from vanilla Destiny to give D2 more long-term appeal. So even thought I'm not playing yet, I'm counting down the days until the PC version opens. Fortunately I have the new Battlefield 1 expansion to keep me busy until then.

8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Uh oh. Shits gonna get real when I can play Castle Crashers again.

Also, downloaded Little Nightmares. Charming yet creepy little game. And kind of scratches that Limbo/Inside itch.

9. narad

narad SS.org Regular

So I traded in my Wii U and now have $179 of steam credit -- anyone have any suggestions? I just bought Skyrim special edition since it went on 51% off sale that same day, but doubt I'll find the time to play it :-/ Only thing I've played recently was Banner Saga I and Shovel Knight.

10. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Yeah, the Just Cause games aren't really about substance at all. It's all about mucking around and wreaking havoc, that's it.

The plot is forgettable B-movie fodder at best: here's an insane sized sandbox with plenty of things in it, and your objective is to make sure there's no things in the sandbox, and the game couldn't care how you do it. Go out there and obliterate everything.

Having said that, Just Cause (in my case 2) was one of the most fun games I've played, because of exactly the above.

The ridiculously large island of Panau was so fun to navigate through, like commuting all across the countryside via hijacked vehicle of your choice. Also as fun was all the creative possibilities of the ridiculous hookshot/parachute mechanic that adds even more depth to the gameplay. I felt so cool to just hookshot around a stronghold planting explosives and triggering them without enemy detection. Or tethering 2 cars in hot pursuit together and watching them crash on their own. Or dragging a sniper from a tower and through the road. Or that mission when you blow up a compound, steal a jet to shoot down a rocket mid flight...

...yeah I really found the mucking around and constant obliteration really fun. :lol:

Mathemagician likes this.
  11. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

I've got 99 games in my "ready to install" list on Xbox One through backwards compatibility and Games With Gold titles. It's great for replaying some classics when there's nothing out that grabs your interest, and the monthly Games With Gold has given me some good titles I wouldn't have even looked at otherwise. There is a lot of crap in there too though...but hey, it's hard to be disappointed with free stuff.

On a side note, I broke down and picked up Destiny 2 in a moment of weakness, even though I swore I would wait for reviews...so far i'd say it's the game Destiny 1 should have been, but i'm not fully into the end game content yet. Hopefully Bungie won't drop the ball this time and lock stuff from the base game behind dlc purchases in the future like they did with the original.

12. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Best stuff I've played in recent memory that you can get on steam: Prey, Doom, Deus Ex, the Tomb Raider reboots, Owlboy, Firewatch, the new-ish Wolfenstein games, etc.
    OR
    You could load up on the bajillions of really old games that are on there for cheap- Quake, unreal tournament, Half-life, System Shock, a bunch of old star wars games (Jedi Knight etc), LucasArts adventure games, Thief 1 and 2, the Apogee Throwback Pack, the Sega collections, etc.

narad likes this.
  13. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Been picking up Diablo III after a bit of a haitus, now that the Necromancer expansion is out and most of the major rides I've been training for are out of the way. I really think the game has, without really sacrificing anything intrinsic to it, become more "fun" since the initial release came out. The new challenge rifts are a pretty cool feature - the one over the weekend with the slow time wizard was an absolute blast to play. :lol:

14. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

The Witcher 3, Xcom 2 and Dishonored 2 are all fantastic games imho.

narad likes this.
  15. auntyethel

auntyethel Skommeling

Doom. Doom is awesome :djent:

TedEH, HeavyMetal4Ever and narad like this.
  16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

ok. I have really tried. but i hate under tale . yeah its kind of quirky and indie and all that, which I usually love

but the game just isn't fun or interesting to play

17. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

Metal Gear V, Metal Gear Rising, Darkest Dungeon, Hyper Light Drifter, Dragon's Dogma, Jotun, Vampire The Masquerade, All the Witcher games, Dishonored 1 and 2, Wolfenstein the New Order, SOMA, XCOM 2, Far Cry 3/4. All of those are awesome games. Jotun, Wolfenstein and Soma are the shortest so I'd start with those if you're short on time.

18. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

There's supposed to be a Werewolf spin off/sequel to this at some point. I wonder if it'll be any good. As for what I've been playing, I started playing Mordheim: City of the Damned on PS4 since Sunday, it's hard but it's a lot of fun once you know what you're doing. It was recently on sale on Steam too for like £8.

19. AxiomXIII

AxiomXIII SS.org Regular

Bought Destiny 2 Yesterday for XB1 and I Love it!
    There was Server maintenance Yesterday though so I couldnt play long but im hyped.

Anyone on Xbox one can add me: GT: Axiom XIII

20. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I find I've given this one a bunch of tries but I find it's too difficult at times to be fun. Like, I can fight my way through the game, but without much in the way of narrative, and with the game being very unrelenting, sometimes the combat feels cheap/unfair- it's not for everyone. I can appreciate a lot about it... but I can't wholeheartedly recommend it as a generally good game.