What case fits a Jackson DKA7?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Wolfos, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Wolfos

Wolfos so.org Total Newb

I've been looking online but I can't actually find anything on the jackson website telling me what case to buy for a DKA7. I read that the standard Dinky case doesn't fit it however.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

2. PFlynn

PFlynn SS.org Regular

I know it's not the same model, but I had purchased an MBT case from a local Music Go Round a couple years ago for my Tele. To my surprise, it also fit my JS22-7. It's a bit close on the end of the head stock, but no damage has come from it. It's not the greatest case in the world, but it's fine for storing it in the house and taking it out in the car for shows. Haven't had any issues with it.

Here's a random link I found for one online. http://zenmacmusic.com/mbt-elect-case/

You may have a local shop that carries these or at least something in the style that will work.

3. Wolfos

Wolfos so.org Total Newb

Thanks for your reply, I actually just found out the other day that Jackson used to make cases for the 26.5 " scale but stopped making them for some reason, i randomly tried out some cases at my local Long & McQuades and found out that most cases wouldn't fit but a standard Yorkville guitar case did (though the headstock scrubs the edge a bit)

PFlynn likes this.
  4. Malevolent_Croatian

Malevolent_Croatian SS.org Regular

I have a teardrop yorkville case, works well for my 26.5" scale Schecter.