"Value GAS"

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by vilk, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I have resisted the urge in most occasions. A couple of guitars I passed where going gor quite cheap which I see these models selling for outrageously inflated prices. I was somewhat interested in the guitars though.

I haven't been able to resist the urge that well when it's something I want and the price is great though.

2. Jamey36

Jamey36 SS.org Regular

I am always surfing sites for deals.Just picked up a USA SL2HF cheap.Will definitely be keeping it though.I look for deals on guitars I think I will want to keep and if the price is right it makes it much easier to pull the trigger.

3. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Got hit pretty hard last night. NAD incoming!

Dineley likes this.
  4. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I get this with a lot of things. I've been forcing myself to stop recently. Often mid-checkout!

vilk likes this.
  5. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Peavey Patriot USA, one humbucker + volume knob, black with maple neck, $200, local...

but I have so many guitars... I even have one at the shop right now getting custom work done... I just bought an expensive pedal the day before yesterday...

But made in USA exact color scheme I want, looks like good condition, only 200 bucks??? How do I not buy it? UGH. It's even got "micro tilt adjustment", that means I'll be able to get the action to be the lowest ever?

Maybe I should just buy it. It's only 200 bucks. But seriously there's no more room for even one more guitar case under my bed. I'll have to lean it against the wall or some shit...

6. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

I did it once and I learned my lesson.

7. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire baritone zone

yeah this happens to me a fair amount, mostly with pickups/pedals, though I did pick up some of my kit bodies/my mik ibby destroyer this way. Trying to get rid of low end guitars for a decent price is very difficult ime, but pickups/pedals are pretty easy to flip if need be. Plus you can hoard a ton of them before they start getting in your way, unlike guitars. I still gas for expensive stuff but I rarely go through with it anymore.

8. mikah912

mikah912 SS.org Regular

I've done this more than a few times. Funny thing is, even when I get an insane deal on a MIJ or USA-made guitar or custom pickups or whatever....I gotta really fall in live with it irrespective of the price, or I just end up selling it. Conversely, I have some relatively inexpensive gear that I use every day and see no reason to send packing.

9. Spicypickles

Spicypickles 8 string Warrior

I’m not picky with shapes and what not, so I constantly look for deals like this. Almost willing to play anything so I i’ll Likely keep it, and if not, no problem, just ship it out.

10. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

I'm so guilty of this when it comes to pedals...

11. Floppystrings

Floppystrings No like the floppy

I feel bad when I think of all of the gear I have purchased over the years. Especially when I sell something, and decide I want it again.

I play drums, guitar, and bass so it's a never ending process of saving, spending, and selling. Story of my life...

Things are much better though these days, you can buy used online and do a lot better research.

12. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

I did this with my 5153 100 watt. Got it for 1050 canadian, it stopped me from spending more on a mesa, but also stopped me from getting a mesa. Plus I'm horrible at selling things way to attached to everything.