US Political Discussion: Trump Administration Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

It's not at all, really. But, this is also considering that no one even knows Trump's SAT score. The 1500 was quoted because it's Wharton's criteria. In Trump's case, though, they didn't even check his SAT score before admitting him, so the assumption is out there quite a bit already. Might as well make it totally ridiculous by adding more ridiculous assumptions.

2. bostjan

[​IMG]

The world looks to the left; Trump looks to the right. Take the symbolism any way you like, or not, if you prefer.

3. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Yeah, I'd expect some predictive power, but hardly perfect. And yeah, rules don't really apply to legacies.

4. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

What about the guy behind the guy behind him? Or the guy behind the guy behind the lady on the right? Or all of the others not in the immediate photograph?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    FILTHnFEAR likes this.
  5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

The lady on the right is a fair way to describe Theresa May, but doesnt inspire confidence in your level of political engagement.

6. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Don't worry, the plan to overthrow Trump via out of context photographs is almost complete!

[​IMG]

7. bostjan

LOL the clock and the phone cord are obviously photoshopped. Nice try, though. If you want to whataboutobama my photo, why not bring up the gaffe where Obama said he already visited 57 states and still had one left to go? That's at least true and it's also, at least IMO, more demonstrative of lack of knowledge than a silly photoshopped photo of an upside-down telephone.

8. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

9. Nonads

Nonads SS.org Regular

I take it he’s not a sheep.

bostjan likes this.
  10. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

:lol:

Touche.

11. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

True, but at the same time, it "demonstrates lack of knowledge" in the same way as Trump saying "United Shtaytch" that one time as proof he doesn't know the name of the country. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Randy likes this.
  12. bostjan

Like I said, take the symbolism however you like. There's nothing wrong with being different, especially if everyone else is wrong and you're right. Either way, the photo is more an artistic statement than evidence of anything non-allegorical. I just liked the overtones the photo makes.

I think you all know I'm not a fan of Trump; however, the thought of having an outsider in the White House is appealing to me (although a corrupt businessman isn't any improvement over a corrupt politician, IMO), the idea that we are going to "drain the swamp" seemed like a plan (although I hadn't anticipated it would be literal, since Trump made that executive order within the first couple of weeks to undo protections on Florida wetlands), and I do really respect him for donating his salary to charity, particularly with the donations he's made so far:

Dept. of Transportation to repair US infrastructure
    Dept. of Health & Human Services to raise awareness of the opioid addiction epidemic
    Dept. of Education for summer camps
    Dept. of National Parks to restore battlefields and monuments
    Veterans Affairs to support programs for mental health and peer support for US veterans.

So kudos for that, but then we get to the muslim ban, the border wall, the trade wars, etc., ... and I just can't get on board with these ideas. To call these ideas regressive or half-baked is an insult to the past or the culinary arts, they are flat out idiotic ideas. The fact that the Supreme Court is condoning this sort of behaviour is an embarrassment to the rule of law in our nation. I don't care if you are conservative or liberal, they are dumb ideas from either viewpoint: the constitution guarantees religious freedom, the border wall is a huge waste of money, and the trade wars are just going to tank our economy. Maybe there's some grand scheme that fits these pieces together in some sort of grandmaster illuminati-level Divinci Code strategy, but do you think the president who spends more time tweeting about covfefe and constantly making up stupid crap about CNN is really some kind of evil genius?!

13. bostjan

14. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

[​IMG]

bostjan, zappatton2 and StevenC like this.
  15. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

That's all fine and good, but some of those were targeted donations for specific projects, after (or during, or before) cutting the budgets of those very departments by magnatudes more.

"Yes, little brother...I did burn down your entire He-Man Castle Greyskull playset, but ignore that because here's shiny new Lego tire for that one police car Lego set you like. You're welcome."

From Time Magazine:

16. auxioluck

auxioluck Metal Teddy Bear

I love that this thread is still getting serious reactions.

17. auxioluck

auxioluck Metal Teddy Bear

I think I ruined it.

18. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

You also ruined his concentration!

[​IMG]

;>)/

19. BlackSG91

Here's good 'ol Donald at it again with his comments about Germany being controlled by Russia...what an ironic statement coming from a man that colluded with Russia before his election win.

;>)/

Randy likes this.
  20. BlackSG91

Here's some more Trump controversy especially Donald appearing with Vladimir Putin.:kiss:

;>)/