Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by icos211, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Science_Penguin

Science_Penguin SS.org Regular

If you can track down a copy of Legacy of Darkness, it's pretty sweet. It's basically Castlevania 64 with more content.

2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire git gud scrub

was that the one with werewolves? I think I remember renting that back in elementary school because it had werewolves on the cover...

3. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

What about the company though? I've never heard of them. Are they gonna be disreputable like ProTone, or...?

4. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Not entirely sure. I just heard a demo of it last night and from what I could hear, it sounded pretty decent for that 80's town. All controversy aside, I'm thinking of checking it out.

5. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

What's the price point? I may look into getting one if it's easily available.

6. PunkBillCarson

It's 200 dollars. Might seem steep to some, but then again, 200 dollars should a drop in the bucket for those spending multi-thousands of dollars on guitars, so...

7. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

^ Unless they saved up and then spent it all on the guitar.

8. PunkBillCarson

Not when the same people are getting multiple NGD's every month or so. Anywho, 200 USD for a distortion pedal doesn't really seem to be a terrible price.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  9. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

Gotcha - you meant Adam of Angels :lol:. http://sevenstring.org/threads/25-guitars.331229/

But I agree that $200 isn't too much for a pedal.

10. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

possumkiller likes this.
  11. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Hardcore/Deathcore/Post Hardcore is complete shit. Just came from a ''metal' house party and the hardcore/Deathcore/post hardcore kids got control of the house playlist. "Man, just listen to one more, this one is a banger!" -cue syncopated 000000, scree scree Bree bree, edgelord 9000 lyrics, scree scree Bree bree breakdown breakdown-

I like to give all music a fair chance but fuck me, the stereo types are fucking true on this one. Oh, and some poor dude got his lip busted open because the morons started a mosh pit in the loungeroom and proceeded to crowdkill everyone.

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Ive never heard any post hardcore that sounds like what you described, check out The Fall of Troy because thats what PHC actually sounds like

13. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

Top 5 reasons to quit guitar:

14. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I though those were the next step evolution of Emos. Basically an emo song (which is punk/pop with pretty singing) jsut take the punk element and put some metal riffs.

like a cool basic metal song but some stupid knife-in-your-chest crying pop chorus singing.... with some screamo in the back

donno everytime I read "XXXX(something)CORE" thats what comes to mind

15. KnightBrolaire

some deathcore like whitechapel or thy art is murder is solid. I fucking hated Job For a Cowboy up until their Suneater album, which is when they started getting interesting. But yeah, I'd say overall the -core subgenres are flooded with mediocre and uninteresting music.

FILTHnFEAR likes this.
  16. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Covered that with the "edgelord 9000 lyrics".

Whitechapel and TAiM I can handle but this was just cookie cutter garbage. At one point I asked what band/album we had been listening too, turns out it was actually 7 different songs by 7 different bands.

17. possumkiller

possumkiller Flying V for Vendetta

This relates to my post farther back about the Boss Metal Zone. It gets tons and tons and tons of hate. It's the EMG of pedals being popular to hate right now. I moved to Poland and live in a small flat in a big building. I need a small and quiet rig. I got a little Blackstar amp that is great but doesn't get as much gain as I want for playing metal. I was looking for a good distortion pedal to get some nice chugging metal gain sounds. I came across the Amptweaker Tight Metal. The full version is crazy expensive and the intermediate version is still expensive. Even the Jr version costs what most people in Poland make in a month. So I got the Tight Metal Jr which in Europe cost me about $230USD hard currency. I played it and was very underwhelmed. It did not sound any better than my fifty dollar used MT2. In fact, I get way more control of the sound with the MT2. The only thing the Tight Metal Jr has that the MT2 doesnt have is a noise gate. All I can really say for haters of the MT2 is you probably just aren't doing it right. Like the video on Reverb of one of the periphery guys playing a really shit tone and saying the MT2 sounds like shit. Mine sounds great. But then I have the gain set to like 9 o'clock and the EQ knobs not on any extreme settings.

18. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

I wish there was less beards and tatoos in metal.

19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm definitely the least metal looking person sometimes. I'll intentionally wear pink shirts to jams just to annoy the one guy in the band who takes stuff like "looking metal" way too seriously.

20. KnightBrolaire

top knots belong on garbage bags and on samurai, not scrawny hipsters

FILTHnFEAR, Vyn, tedtan and 1 other person like this.