Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by icos211, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

2. Spaced Out Ace

Also, while she's gotten it taken down, the delay toneprint and Satchel's tone will still melt pussies, whether she likes it or not.

Mathemagician and possumkiller like this.
  3. Spaced Out Ace

:lol:

Oh, wait... is it okay to laugh at an obvious joking/flippant remark regarding their upbringing?

4. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

You just aren't working out.

5. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

I'm not a Strat guy so I could be wrong, but I always thought this was the general consensus among them? That 4th position is definitely what I think of when think clean Strat tone.

Mathemagician, BenjaminW and The906 like this.
  6. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

also the problem is that they think every piece of land can be used to grown perfect beautiful stereotype vegetables. Reality of it is that mayority of the lands used for cattle cant be used to grow crops due to irregular terrain or weather.

ALL the farms around the area where I live they only grow one thing, sugar cane.... either for sugar or for rum. Why they dont go and complain that they are wasting all that space growing "sugar" when we could have beautiful toomatos, pickles, lettuce, and corn?....... oh yeah because thats the eassiest thing to grow here and because thats what makes mor money to the farmers!!.... money people, moooooneeeeyyyy.... Farmers are not environmentalist poeple living out of the air, they are bussinessman, whos bussiness is to grow food. And like any other business the goal is to maximise profits, by making the product with the msot turnover in your area and maximizing the amount of such product.

the real world problem like you say is the waste of products. Its not that cows are farting too much and we are eating too much meat. Its the overproducing of everything, because Jane and Bob want to go to ANY supermarket of their choice, usually the closest one to whenever they are at the time, with a small Km radius of their current location, at a ANY given day of the week/month/year. And still be able to find their product of choice, and not onlny that, but they want options for it. So you end up producing 10 cans of X per week, so Jane and Bob can go and buy 1 once a fortnight. Because wont you dare to run out of it

but but but maybe a tree just wants to grow a little taller than his friends??

yup, thats what I always though?... dont really think its a unpopular opinion?..... Like the whole reason someone buys a Strat, or a SSS or even a HSH is because that pickup positiion

7. BenjaminW

BenjaminW SS.org Regular

Yeah. Sounds the best if I’m playing Michael Jackson. It certainly reminds me of the tone you hear on like Billie Jean or Rock With You. If I ever got my hands on a Boss AC-3, I am in tone heaven.

8. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

I hate dogs, cats and all pets.

possumkiller likes this.
  9. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Monster. :lol:

Pets are great, but not if you live in an apartment. Dogs are super loyal, intelligent, protective, etc., so, if you need a burglar alarm or bodyguard, or someone to jog with you evenings and weekends, who eats <$5 worth of food a day and shits in your back yard, get a dog. If you want an asshole friend who wakes you up in the middle of the night, pisses all over your carpet, shits in a box somewhere in the house and rubs his feet in the shit afterward, pukes on your kitchen counter, has Freddy-Kruger fingers, and scares away mice, get a cat. If you want a pal who just stares off into space all day and can't breathe the same air everyone else does, get a fish. Or, if you are a real masochist and want a tiny friend who will outlive you, but is super accident-proned and frail, and has the intellect of a toddler, but never matures beyond that point, has no control of his bowel movements beyond the course of maybe two seconds, and screams like a mofo at dusk and dawn, and sometimes randomly throughout the day, and might or might not repeat some of the dumbest things you ever said, get a parrot.

I've done all of those, plus rats, guinea pigs, frogs, hamsters, and spiders. Actually rats make pretty decent pets, too, oddly enough, but they're kind of small and don't have a very long lifespan. I love my parrots, but they make terrible pets. They are possibly the messiest thing you can have in your house. I have a gray parrot who can speak hundreds of words, probably over a thousand. He can identify objects by name and form sentences, and he can count how many of something there are in your hand, up to three (then everything more than three is still three...). He clearly not only repeats words, but understands their meaning on a rudimentary level, and understands whether a word is a thing or an action. Yet, in spite of how smart he is, he still takes pleasure in nothing more than he takes pleasure in destroying things, and the more expensive the thing, the more he wants to tear it into pieces then shit all over its remains. He also can spend hours being indecisive. He's hungry, but if you give him food, he throws it all on the floor. He's thirsty, but more interested in figuring out how to dump his water dish out than actually drinking the water. He wants to come out of his cage and play, only to change his mind and want to go back in his cage just as soon as he's actually out. And this is after years and years of training. It's just like having a perpetual 2-3 year old, except he's strong enough to snap off your fingers like twigs, and he only weighs 200 grams.

10. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

+1000x. Or if you live alone and don't have the time for it.

I keep ending up with pets because at some point people decided that being single and living alone must mean I'm lonely, so they keep giving me animals. Then I try to live with it, fail miserably, and end up without a pet again a year later either because it died or I had a fit and gave it away.

11. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

Should have added that I'm allergic to cats and a bit also to dogs.
    Currently I'm not living alone but in my family's house with a dog and a cat.
    I have a pretty large backyard but my dog barks for hours every single night and drives me crazy, the cat keeps sneaking every day into the house and sleeps on my bed resulting in me spending every night sneezing and listening to the dog barking.

My favourite pet is Clarinex

12. bostjan

Allergies make for a pretty good reason for exception.

At least I don't have to worry about anyone with allergies breaking into my house. With so many parrots and two dogs, they'd either get bitten (more likely by an evil parrot than one of the dogs, who would probably just be happy there was someone different visiting to play with them :lol: ) or pass out from anaphylactic shock (birds generate a lot of ultrafine dander) before being able to harm anyone or make off with anything of value. :lol:

Not that there are that many burglaries in rural northeastern Vermont, with it's 12 people per square km of population density.

13. Randy

Randy ROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOU Super Moderator

I hate Mexicans! And I'm half Mexican! And I hate irony!

cwhitey2 likes this.
  14. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

BANNED.

15. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Unpopular opinion: I like cats more than anything else you can have as a pet.

AxeHappy likes this.
  16. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

this is always a misconception about dogs.

all teh dogs I have wouldnt do shit about someone getting into the house. They would either hide, come say hi to them, or try to bring a ball for them to play. And being honest, unless you have a BIG dog fully police trained to knock down a person, they are jsut gonna bark, till the guy kicks them out......and being honest whats even the point to own a dog with the only reason to leave them out to "watch the house" all day...... Plus its that goes with the same mentality of owning a gun because "if someone breaks into my house".... no-one is breaking into your house with you there, life is not a hollywood movie. And even IF they actually did, give them everything they want and let them go away.

People who buy a dog to "watch and take care of the house", are the same people who let the dog chained up in the backyard all day. And those people shouldnt be allowed to have a pet. Those are the people who tehm have the stupid dog who wont stop barking for everything all day long...... Well you didnt wanted a stupid dog who "warned" you about "danger"... there you fucking go *bark bark bark bark stupid bark*

If you are not letting your dog inside the house, then you shouldnt be allowed to have one

also your parrot thing is soooooo on point lol. I used to have a green one back in my country..... "hey what is this? a fresh new watter bowl?...... I know.... I would just shit on it the whole day..... genius..."

AxeHappy likes this.
  17. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

That's why I like guns, I don't have to clean up piles of puke, half eaten socks and shit. Plus they only bark if I want em to.

18. Randy

Randy ROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOU Super Moderator

If your guns are capable of waking up before you when there's an intruder, I don't know whether to be glad for you or horrified.

AxeHappy and squids like this.
  19. bostjan

Actually, it depends on which breed of dog you have. German Shepherd, Dalmatian, Rottweiler, Pit Bull, etc., are all great guard dogs with little training. Actually, if you ever had a German Shepherd, you might have noted that it's necessary to train them not to attack invited guests. But the more important point is the deterring factor. When I lived in Detroit with my parents, we never got broken into, yet every neighbour we had without a dog got robbed. Most burglars won't take the risk of waking up Fido and getting shot by master.
    I've had crackheads approach me whilst walking the dog, and my dogs always go into intimidation mode. It's like they get the same vibes from these guys that I get. Your typical panhandler won't approach you if you have a dog with you, but some of the more ambitious and less inhibited folks will try to get right in your face, regardless of how busy you are, but they never get too close once the dog starts growling. My mom once was walking her Great Dane and she was accosted by some desperate person, and the dog bit the dude's arm. We all thought the cops were going to insist we put the dog down, but, on the contrary, they commended the dog for defending her from him. He was never trained to attack or bite or even go into defensive mode, he was just a regular goofy Marmaduke-type dog who loved everyone he knew or knew vicariously through you. Even the meter man from the power company got along fine with him - maybe he knew his smell or something, but anyone giving off weird or sneaky vibes could be at danger around that dog, and had real reason to be cautious, with the dog standing on all fours at 1.02 m at the shoulder and weighing just over 100 kg.
    But yeah, if you get a Shitzu or something, and you're out jogging with the dog, or if some professional hitman drives up on you in a black sedan, the dog isn't going to really help.

FILTHnFEAR and A-Branger like this.
  20. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

I was at a track meet back in high school and my sister brought our dog to the meet. It was in an inner city/predominantly black area, and there was a 15 foot radius around my sister and the dog. :lol: He was an irish setter/golden retriever mix and was one of the friendliest dogs ever. My sister and I were laughing our asses off at how scared they were of him. People were literally jumping out of the way when I walked him out of the stadium and back to the car. Conversely in the suburbs, everyone and their mother was running up and petting him, he'd just sit there and wag his tail/nuzzle against people/lick them.

FILTHnFEAR and AxeHappy like this.