There Is No Australia!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlackSG91, Jun 27, 2018.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire self-appointed sso pickup tester

i was in chicago and a local russian store carried all the east bloc beers like baltika, tyskie, zwyiec, etc. i tried most of them. zywiec is pretty decent but the rest were horrible. natty is the preeminent choice of college kids besides keystone/pbr. natty has a weird aftertaste that still haunts me years later

bostjan likes this.
  2. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

"There Is No Australia!!! (Or why domestic beer is better than that nasty microbrew shit)" :rofl:

3. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm convinced that more people pretend to like beer than pretend to be Australian.

4. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

because thats what "men" drink no?

same thing with wine... because thats waht "classy" people drink no?... like thats what society tells me Im supposed to be drinking at X age and in X social environments... even when most wive (if not all... specially red) taste like crap

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  5. Spaced Out Ace

"even when most wive taste like crap" I suggest you have your wife take a bath or shower now and then. She might taste so much like crap. :lol: :p

NateFalcon, KnightBrolaire and Edika like this.
  6. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I'm not the biggest fan of alcohol but I do enjoy a frosty lager during the summer now and again.
    When I was in France I discoverd Belgian beers and I loved them. Double or triple distilled so they had quite a bit of punch, full taste without being overbearing and kind of sweeter tasting.
    I went in Germany for a few weeks and stayed at a friends house. He expalined that each region produces their beers and they pride themselves of using the least amount of unecessary ingredients, mainly barley yeast and water. I tried a few regional ones and they were great.

I do enjoy some popular European beers like Amstel, Heineken and Kaiser but I prefer them during the winter as in the summer the consumption increases and the beer is made in a hurry so the taste is even weaker.

Wine is a big subject amd as some people have said here already, it tastes like wine. However if you taste a good wine you immediately notice the difference in richness and flavor. You might still not like it but you can te the difference.

In general I much prefer sweeter tasting alcoholic drinks even if they're not manly.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  7. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire self-appointed sso pickup tester

It's not so much a pride thing in germany, there's literal beer purity laws in Germany (Reinheitsgebot purity laws). The laws were enacted in the 1500s iirc and explicitly state that nothing shall be used in beer except water, barley and hops.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

For people that don't like wine, just drink moscato. I rarely run into bad moscatos (even the cheap shit is very drinkable).

BlackSG91, bostjan and Edika like this.
  8. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

good thing Im single :p:p

Edika, NateFalcon and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  9. Spaced Out Ace

I totally butchered that. "I suggest you have your wife take a bath or shower every now and then. She might taste less like crap." There we go. :lol:

10. NateFalcon

NateFalcon SS.org Regular

11. iamaom

iamaom SS.org Regular

I feel the same way about any hard/clear alcohols. Gin? Vodka? Sake? Expensive? Cheap? All tastes like bitter battery acid to me. The only way I can drink it is if I have a couple beers first and get drunk enough that I stop caring about the taste and just swig 'em back with some coke or orange juice.

12. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

You lump sake in with vodka and gin? It has less than half the alcohol content, and isn't even distilled (just fermented). I mean, fair play if you've tried it and didn't like it. It was just weird to see it in the same company as those hard liquors, haha.

wedge_destroyer likes this.
  13. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

You're right, now that you mentioned it I remembered my friend telling me that but it was about 9 years ago lol.

And I agree about Moscato.

14. iamaom

iamaom SS.org Regular

Well it's hard in comparison to most beers (3%-6%) and usually drunken straight so you get the full brunt of the ethanol flavor. I have tried it, and like any other straight drink it just makes me shiver and go "blech". Also I said "clear alcohols" and if I mentioned scotch o bourbon some aficionado would post about how they shouldn't be included for not being "clear". I was probably better off not posting anything at all and go back to drinking my Hefeweizens.

15. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'd lump those two together, not because they have anything in common, but because I have the same amount of desire to drink either one.... that being zero.

16. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Man, you guys are crazy. I've been sober for 4 years now, but I still miss sake. I suppose the cheap stuff is nothing to write home about, in much the same way as the cheap American lagers that started this whole conversation, but a quality sake is a wondrous thing.

Oh, also, Australia isn't real. It's just something naturalists stitched together to fool everyone back in the UK.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  17. Spaced Out Ace

Good. Fooling the Brits is always a good thing. :lol:

I'm teasing.

18. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

everything has a place , I'm one who enjoys super hoppy, bitter ,high alcohol beers. you're not gonna drink them all night but to savor and enjoy i'm super into it.

when I grab a can or 2 of the style my wife calls it "that hoppy shit "

and good sake is awesome

19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Except for Australia, supposedly.

BlackSG91, bostjan and zappatton2 like this.