There Is No Australia!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlackSG91, Jun 27, 2018.

1. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

I wouldn't know what Rolling Rock tastes like. Now I'm just waiting for everyone to call it piss water so I can ask them what they do in their free time that gives them an idea of what piss tastes like.

BlackSG91 and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  2. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

FIFY :)

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

to quote monty python: "having sex in a canoe is like american lager, they're both fucking near water"

BlackSG91, Edika and Vyn like this.
  4. PunkBillCarson

Yeah but see here's the thing... Monty Python were made up of people with opinions and just because someone is clearly talented doesn't mean I take their opinions as fact or gospel. All those stouts and whatever the hell hipsters drink taste like someone's deliberately making something as bitter as they possibly can and then they pretend it tastes great for posture purposes. And if you believe that's crazy on my behalf, let me remind you there was a chap earlier in this thread who tried to say that people who eat steak only do so to appear tough.

FILTHnFEAR, TedEH and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  5. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

I like how this thread has gone from some random claim about Australia’s existence, to a cheap beer association game :lol: plus we all know PBR is king of the “banquet beers”

6. PunkBillCarson

If you want to know a truly shitty beer, Miller High Life. Champagne of beers my ass... Oh, flat earthers suck.

7. KnightBrolaire

Oh don't get me wrong, I've drank more than my fair share of miller,coors, keystone, bud, etc. They're definitely drinkable beers unlike most of that hipster swill, but if given the choice between a good german hefeweizen/czech pilsner and budweiser, I'll take the former.
    I always laugh when people try to proclaim one american lager is better than another. Miller, Coors, and Bud all have damn near the same flavor profile (ie they're very lightly hopped, no malty flavor and they all taste better than natural light).

BlackSG91 likes this.
  8. PunkBillCarson

Here's the thing though... When you live in Arkansas, and you get done mowing the yard at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, a heavily malted or hopped beer isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something light in comparison that goes down easy. That's why Budweiser fits me.

FILTHnFEAR and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  9. KnightBrolaire

all the big name lagers are good summer beers. we get heat and humidity up here so i know what you mean. the last couple of weeks it's been in the 90s with 50% humidity. not quite louisiana swampy, but still not that pleasant.

10. PunkBillCarson

Yeah it's getting bad down here and it's not even where it will be the hottest. Next month, it'll be getting to be about 100 with 70-80 percent humidity. I detest Summer to say the least, at least here.

11. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Who needa NASA when you'll soon have Space Force?

BlackSG91 likes this.
  12. KnightBrolaire

I just want to be a space marine and kill greenskins :p

BlackSG91, cwhitey2 and Edika like this.
  13. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

im not much of a beer drinker, but I have never (at least dont remember) seen Foster in Australia... I know the name so I assume I have at one point?.... Ive barely seen VB, mostly because Im in Queensland so over here its all about the XXXX Gold and "how dare you to drink a beer from another state" mentality

meh either way they all taste the same to me... I would stick to my bourbon

thesnowdog likes this.
  14. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Vermont has more microbreweries per capita than any other state in the US, yet pretty much all of the guys that work with me prefer mainstream beer, like Bug Light, Coors Light, PBR, etc. There used to be a couple of local beers I quite liked, but they've either changed how they taste or they've gone out of business. Everything here is about who can make the most bitter and heavily hopped IPA now. I've tasted a few popular local beers here and honestly thought that someone forgot to rinse the liquid soap out of the glass, until the bartender told me that it was "supposed to taste like that." I really can't believe that people enjoy that.

Oh, and if Fosters is advertised stateside as the beer from Australia, but it's made in Canada, maybe Australia really is a hologram. Next, you guys are going to tell me that Vegemite is actually owned by Kraft Foods USA or something!

BlackSG91 likes this.
  15. NateFalcon

NateFalcon The Impossible Kid

Lol...I’m glad to have sparked a sub-par beer debate. I’ll throw my vote in for Pabst...we call PBR drinkers “peebers” in Portland -it leads to digging cigarette butts out of ashtrays and seems to cause near instant homelessness

FILTHnFEAR and cwhitey2 like this.
  16. NateFalcon

...or you can step up to Four Loko if you really want to give up on life

17. bostjan

Some stores here sell 12 ounce PBR cans for $0.25 (USD) each. That's not much more expensive than Baltica No 2 "Svetloye" back in Russia, which very roughly translates to "watered-down skunk piss." :lol: Actually, PBR is maybe not as bad as its reputation. On a hot day like today, I guess I'll drink pretty much any lager-style beer.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  18. NateFalcon

Pabst tall boys go for $1 each at near every bar...beer in Portland costs less than cheap bottled water

19. KnightBrolaire

baltika is the worst beer I've ever had. worse than tyskie (which is also shit). Hell I'll drink natty light before i ever drink baltika again (natty is the worst beer in north america imo).

bostjan likes this.
  20. bostjan

I've actually never tried Natural Light. It is quite popular around here. Where'd you get Baltika?! I actually had no idea how bad it was before I tried it, and then, afterward, everyone was more than happy to tell me about how perfectly awful it was. :lol: It's hands-down the worst cheap beer I've ever had. That said, though, I've had two, maybe three, microbrews that were worse.