The WIP Thread

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by axxessdenied, Apr 26, 2013.

1. NickLAudio

NickLAudio Audio/Video Engineer

Thanks fellas!

@axxessdenied I hear you on the length. The droney chuggy parts could easily be trimmed down as those are looped for the sake of looping lol and the clean chimey part at the end can be cut as it was never part of the song to begin with, which would put the track right around the 4 min mark.

2. depths of europa

depths of europa Depths of Europa

Hey guys, It's been awhile since I've posted my stuff on here but I thought what the heck I'll throw this up and see if I can get any helpful tips. This site has always been a wealth of knowledge for me.

I've been working on this demo for a couple weeks now. Vocals are still preliminary ideas. And need some variation / refining.

Any and all tips ideas would be awesome!

Thanks!

3. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

Sounds like a really good production to me, like something I would hear on a professionally produced record. I dig the vocals too.

4. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

Sounds good! I'm still working on getting my drums to sit in a mix. I like how the snare pops but isn't overpowering, and the kick is present but not drowning out everything else. I have issues with that sometimes and have been turning the kick down. Thanks for sharing!

5. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

6. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

Hey y'all! I finally got a chance to record this neo-classical/metal tune I wrote many MANY years ago. I used basic drums via EZ Drummer and my chops aren't what they used to be, but you'll get the idea haha. Let me know what you think of the song and what I can improve on, other than the flurry of muddy notes. Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/berial-feilong29/fight-fight-and-win