The Live Show Mishaps Thread

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by DrakkarTyrannis, Feb 11, 2019.

1. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

good shout on the crackers. Will get a few in me now before I head off to the venue.
    Im alternating between water and the odd sip here and there of Lucozade (glucose energy drink) to keep hydrated and try to keep energy up somewhat.

2. Humbuck

Humbuck SS.org Regular

I've had to puke on stage before too...somehow it wasn't as bad as puking from the south mouth.

3. Cynicanal

Cynicanal SS.org Regular

Don't play it safe. Be a rock 'n roll legend. Have a whole pot of coffee and a big Tex-Mex dinner before going onstage. Be the next GG Allin.

Solodini, lewis, Masoo2 and 2 others like this.
  4. Humbuck

Humbuck SS.org Regular

Ha ha. I've opened for GG Allin. Maybe it rubbed off on me.

DrakkarTyrannis likes this.
  5. Blasphemer

Blasphemer Bird Law expert

Not much has happened to me while playing. Broken strings, amp stops working, hit the wrong pedal/patch. What I'm super afraid of, however, is my console crashing or another kind of disaster like that at work. I hope I never have to deal with that.

For example, a good friend of mine works for the largest touring company in the US, and gets put on as a monitor tech for some pretty bigtime bands. Sometimes he works for the Deftones. He was at this show:

I asked him about what happened, and it had to do with a stage rack going down. We kept talking about it for a while, and then I realized he was on his honeymoon. I was texting him about what was probably one of his worst days of work ever while he was trying to get away from it with his new wife. Oops...

6. Humbuck

Humbuck SS.org Regular

I once had a vintage Marshall Superlead and 4x12 completely knocked over during a set by an insanely rowdy crowd. Actually, there was a girl standing next to my rig at the time who was trying to avoid the crazy crowd and she ended up getting pushed into the amp, knocking it over and falling completely over it herself. No sound. I saw red. The crowd picked her up right away then picked up my stack which was switched off in the fall. I hit the switch and it fired right up fine. Whew.

Solodini likes this.
  7. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd certainly uncertain Contributor

This thread was more than I bargained for instantly... Whoa.

Solodini and budda like this.
  8. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis WWSD?

HE NEED SOME MILK

SlamLiguez, lewis and Mathemagician like this.
  9. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

No visible stage mis-haps, only a split fingernail which ripped off after getting caught on the strings and the usual cable issues. An ex-guitarist once knee'd John Bush's wife in the head though.

10. buriedoutback

buriedoutback SS.org Regular

a long time ago, I switched from bass to guitar in Empyrean Plague. We did a show where I played bass for all but the last song, and introduced our new bass player for the finale. I don't remember the amp I used, but I used a pedal for my distorted tone. I guess I didn't bother checking it before "going live" ... the gain and treble knobs were maxed ... the looks on the crowds faces ... painful ... embarrassing ... asap I reached down and fixed the knobs.

11. Zombie13

Zombie13 XIII

I've had a few mishaps performing as a one man band, but nothing beats ending my set early because the sound guy left after my first song to do who knows what behind the venue...(skip to 1:31)

12. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis WWSD?

As someone who's in a one man band...I feel this on a spiritual level. Subscribed

13. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

thankfully my bands debut show went swimmingly! No puke-shit mishaps either so win hhaha

Here is our first single "Declaration" from the show (we didnt get a soundcheck so this first song on the night was used literally as a quick line check thing as we went)

14. Zombie13

Zombie13 XIII

Thanks!

Checked out Helvete Inc., awesome vocals and style!