The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

I cut my tongue while I ate some sour candy last night. :(

LeviathanKiller and Edika like this.
  2. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

Just dropped my audio interface and it stopped working. It's not like I wanted to spend my summer vacation that starts in a few weeks by recording music. I've been planning to replace that interface anyway since it's one of those piece of crap first generation Focusrite Scarlett's but I really don't feel like spending any money on a new one right since I've been planning to buy a new guitar once my next paycheck comes.

Edit: Lol, didn't even remember I made that earlier post today. I was basicly half asleep at work. I guess it counts as a first world problem too that I can't go to bed before midnight because of the amount of daylight we get here in northern Europe. :lol:

3. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I fell asleep with the fan blowing in my face and I woke up with an eye-ache. Since my day at work was 80-90% scheduled computer screen time, I'm doomed. I already sprayed myself in the eye with water three times today, trying to get some relief.

LeviathanKiller and Edika like this.
  4. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I keep discovering/re-discovering guitar brands and it is fucking up my planned queue of ordering guitars.

5. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I had to cancel an order for a Jackson Kelly guitar case. I had ordered it on the 12th of May from an online shop I had a 10% coupon. It wasn't on stock but said available 7 days after order. So I said what the heck. 7 days became 14 before it was back on stock (not in my hands) and two days ago I received an update that due to their supplier it will be with them on the end of July. I didn't feel I wanted to wait that long as I'm not sure they'll get it for sure then.

In a sense I didn't mind as my credit card bill will be a bit higher than what I wanted due to some unexpected expenses. To make things worse though I got an email that some pickups I was after will be back on stock this evening and even received a 10% voucher for a set. Adult brain and immature kiddie brain are fighting it out for sure.

6. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Everyone in the city I work in was let out of work early today; they all took the same small early commuter train; the heat was running on the whole time on a warm day.

Edika likes this.
  7. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

Had to buy a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 because the only store that sells it around here didn't have the 2i2 on stock and the Solo version doesn't have a volume knob for headphones. So basicly I had to pay 70€ extra for one knob because I don't even need a single output apart from the headphone one.

Edika likes this.
  8. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

The goddamned cleaner always goes to clean the toilet at the office right when I need to take a shit. Like literally every morning. I don't even think I take a shit the same time every morning, but every day when I feel like it's time to go and I look towards the toilet, I see the fucking trolley next to the toilet. Annoying as fuck. Luckily the daily cleanup only takes like 10 minutes.

9. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

Poop on the trolley

10. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

Literal lol :rofl:

11. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

This has happened to me a few times and while their patterns change slightly I know now which times they'll be cleaning the toilets next to my department. But sometimes they mixed it up a bit and they'll come to clean the toilets after I've entered and have started already. Hearing "Is anybody in?" doesn't really help finishing up quickly.

12. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

I can relate. I remember this one time going to the other side of my workplace just because I thought that I could take a shit in peace there but just my luck the cleaning lady was on that side just on that one day at that time of the day. Also, last week I almost shat my pants because people took so long in the toilet. I waited for 10 minutes in front of the bathroom, then went to have a cigarette and when I came back there was still someone sitting in one of the stalls and I finished my stuff before him. Like, what the hell are they doing there? Eat some fibers if you need 30 minutes to take a shit or just stare at your phone in the working area like everyone else.

I loved doing Sunday shifts just because my small department was the only one who had regular Sunday shifts so I could just go to the empty break room on the other side of the building and sit there as long as I wanted. But luckily I quit my job and don't have to worry about that anymore. :D

steinmetzify likes this.
  13. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Since my lab got moved to the other side of the building, and I no longer have my own bathroom, I now have to use the shop floor bathroom. 4 times out of 10 that I go in there, there's puke in the sink. Once there was a dead rat in there, and there are always tons of bugs running and flying around. No one ever flushes the toilets, because no one wants to get Hepatitis from touching the lever. There's only sometimes soap in one of the two dispensers, never in both, and there are typically no paper towels. The door to the bathroom stall has a 4 inch gap between it and the wall, and one of the two urinals is right next to the door with no privacy. There have been multiple times I went in there to relieve my bladder, and there was literal shit on the floor and two instances in particular when it was smeared on the walls. What's the craziest thing, though, is if you use that bathroom on any given day after the cleaning people come through at 6 PM, that bathroom is nearly spotless. It's like they hose it down with bleach or something, only to have the midnight shift come in there and have a shit-throwing party every night...

So, the minor side of this complaint is that I don't have a good bathroom to use, but my main concern is that the people who work on just the other side of the wall from where I work are apparently wild animals with no regard for hygiene.

14. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Almost fell of my chair laughing at this :lol: But yeah, that's what typical public toilets are like here too. A friend of mine used to clean such toilets for a living, and he said the men's toilet was the way you described, but the ladies room was considerably worse...

15. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

I've heard horrific stories about female rooms, more like a crime scenes then actual toilets.

16. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

Where the hell do you work, man? :facepalm::nuts:

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  17. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

as someone who worked on nightclubs for a few years I could confirm this. Girls are far worse than guys on the toilets. Both places where I worked were top class nightclubs so one of our job was to check the toilets every 15 min, and for a good reason....

and for nightclubs it wasnt as bad as you think. I got a mate who used to work as a cleaner on a shopping mall. Even here in Australia on the Gold Coast... were you would think theres "educated people" ..... but the horror stories he told me about it ooohh man. I was broke AF for a while and I was keen to take ANY job at that moment, and I almost worked with him, but nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.... after what he told me it was a big nope..... I didnt care about the "im a cleaner".... I care about the stuff he had to clean hahaha

18. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

it was raining this morning, so I didnt wantd to get wet to go to the gym

Edika likes this.
  19. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire git gud scrub

I'm out of beer and I don't want to go to the liquor store.

Edika likes this.
  20. lurè

lurè Thy Art Is Mambo

It's 3 am and I can't sleep because of a fucking mosquito in my room.

Edika and Anquished like this.