The Car Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bulb, Sep 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

I feel like the only car that you are going to like after that turbo S has to be at least a mclaren 570s.

But, if you have the money...cars are like guitars right...you just gotta have that one v10 in the garage.

also depending on how much you love your porsche you might be ruined forever. you might never feel ok driving an na car ever again.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  2. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Nice summary Misha. I've seen a few around my way and they sound incredible. Going way back, but did you ever get or drive the GTR? How did you feel about those?

3. Kyle-Vick

Kyle-Vick SS.org Regular

I would powdercoat the wheels black. Black wheels make everything look nicer, and unless you are going to spend the coin on something forged and legit, that would be your best bet. The current wheels on there are pretty bad ass, so they would look good black. Only thing with powder coating wheels is some people say the ovens used to cure the powder can mess with the heat treat on forged wheels, but tons of people do it with zero issues. I dont think anyone has proof of it being an issue, only speculation.

My wife and I are expecting a little one anytime so we just picked her up a fast mom wagon. 2014 Jeep SRT, we build Jeeps, so this was fitting. IMG_47641.jpg

4. TheShreddinHand

Ok guys, just booked one of those xtreme drive experiences. Which of these three would you choose:

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560
    Audi R8 V10
    Porsche 911 GT3

I think they're all pretty similar in terms of acceleration numbers in a straight line but anyone with experience with these have opinions on handling between these three? Which one can punch out of a turn quickest? Or are they also all pretty similar in terms of ride and handling?
    Fastest car I've owned/driven is a 15' BMW 335i w/ xdrive so this will be quite the different experience!! Tough choice!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  5. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

I'm biased but the gt4 is easily the best car out of those.

That being said everyone should drive a lambo at least once so probably the lambo

6. man jerk

man jerk SS.org Regular

IMG_20170720_102558821.jpg I got to drive a Gallardo Superlagerra this summer and it was monsterous. My first time in an exotic car so I don't have anything to compare it to. The sound alone was amazing. Still hear it in my dreams.

7. TheShreddinHand

Very cool! I was leaning Lambo but after watching several videos of the track this is held on it really seemed like the GT3 was perfect for this. That and the lambo was only available at 8am or 9am and that seems a little early in the morning for late October in Pittsburgh for a track time. But maybe I'm wrong and the track and tires would be plenty warm. Ah well, went with the 911. Couldn't have gone wrong with any of them really!

8. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Honestly dude if you are going to a track it's probably the correct car, Porsche has the strongest racing pedigree and the 911 is a car that has been refined over half a decade, the gallardo/R8 are no slouches by any means, but as cliche as it sounds, there is just something about the 911. When I was car shopping I wanted to avoid it so badly because I just felt it was such a predictable move, and all it took was one spirited test drive to understand why everyone uses the 911 as the benchmark for a good sports/supercar.

9. TheShreddinHand

Excellent! Makes me happy about my choice!

10. NickLAudio

NickLAudio Audio/Video Engineer

Got a new daily driver...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wannabguitarist and steinmetzify like this.